Synergy Verification

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Was gonna lead to this with all my questions in the FAQ but figure I may just as well go ahead and ask it here. I just want verification to see these combination of powers and feats work as I think it would:

Basics:
-Swordmage/Warlord Hybrid

Powers in Question:
-Lashing Asp (Swordmage lv1 daily)
Until the stance ends, whenever you hit an enemy with a melee attack, each enemy adjacent to the target of that attack takes poison damage equal to your Constitution modifier. Also, whenever you hit an enemy marked by your Swordmage Aegis power with a melee attack, it takes poison damage equal to your Constitution modifier.
-Opening Shove (Warlord lv1 at-will)
You push the target 1 square. Then choose one ally you can see. That ally either shifts a number of squares equal to your Intelligence modifier or makes a melee basic attack against the target.

Weapon Utilized:
-Gouge (two-handed, axe + spear)

Feats of Relevance:
-Weapon Proficiency: Gouge
-Hunting Spear Student (Lesser Style)
When you are attacking with a spear and you have proficiency with that weapon, you also gain the following benefit:
When you hit an enemy with a power associated with this feat, that enemy is slowed until the end of your next turn.
-World Serpent's Grasp
Whenever you hit a slowed or immobilized target with an attack, you can knock it prone.

So here's the scenario:
-I use Lashing Asp.
-I use Opening Shove, which is a non-damage melee attack.

First part:
-Though Opening Shove does not have attack rolls, the enemies around the target would still be damaged through Lashing Asp, correct? Question is, would that be enemies around where the target was initially, or where the target ends up due to being pushed?

Second part:
-So the target is pushed. Since Gouge is a spear, due to Hunting Spear Student's effect, the target would be slowed. Yep?

Third part:
-So now the target is slowed. I attack it again. This time, it would fall prone due to World Serpent's Grasp and the Gouge also being an axe, right?
3rd part: DO you mean World Serpent's Grasp rather than Headsman's Chop?  Because HC doesn;t knock things prone, it does extra damage vs things which are already prone.

It might be useful if you actually quote the wording of things, because cross-referencing that many elements is just awkward.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Oops, I meant World Serpent's Grasp. :P

My bad.

Anyways, you're right. I've modifed the post to make it easier to follow.
1) Yes. Enemy adjacent to the target at the moment it is hit takes poison damage.

2) Yes.

3) Yes.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Thanks. Everything good now. :D