All of Toril detailed map!!!

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
I would like to see an actually detailed map of all of Toril. One that comes in a tube so its not folded and made out of higher quality paper or Laminated! this is something i would even pay up to 80-90 bucks if its of good quality, sturdy and detailed...maybe even an oversized one?

Also detailed books about each of the other area's would be nice...but maybe pushing for a god wish on this one :P
Howdy!

I have moved this thread to the Forgotten Realms forum where it is more on-topic.

Thanks.  

All around helpful simian

Howdy!

I have moved this thread to the Forgotten Realms forum where it is more on-topic.

Thanks.  

I figured it was on topic since atm they are focusing on faerun for D&D next and this would be something nice to come out with since faerun is part of toril. But either way thanks.

I think there was one once... either that or it was greyhawk.....
a mask everyone has at least two of, one they wear in public and another they wear in private.....
I think there was one once... either that or it was greyhawk.....

You mean from Dragon magazine?  I'm pretty sure that in the paizo era, both were covered, in sprawling multi-part pieces, no less!  It might just be Oerth, but I'm pretty sure Faerun (and beyond) were covered by the magazine.

Crazed undead horror posing as a noble and heroic forum poster!

Some good pointers for the fellow hobbyist!:

• KEEP D&D ALIVE, END EDITION WARS!
  • RESPECT PEOPLES' PREFERENCES
  • JUST ENJOY THE GAME!
It was just Faerun not Toril. but I agree with the OP ,I would pay top dollar for a map like that, hell Id buy 2! One to keep put up and one to hang on the wall, Ive had a hell of a time taping together all the maps from the boxxed sets and everything to hang it up, theres alot of overlap and some of them (Kara-Tur) are even in a different scale! So if they could just make one huge map, that would be awesome!!
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
It was just Faerun not Toril. but I agree with the OP ,I would pay top dollar for a map like that, hell Id buy 2! One to keep put up and one to hang on the wall, Ive had a hell of a time taping together all the maps from the boxxed sets and everything to hang it up, theres alot of overlap and some of them (Kara-Tur) are even in a different scale! So if they could just make one huge map, that would be awesome!!

Yep! sadly for them to even do this we need alot more people to agree with it and than maybe our voices will be heard!

Be Nice to see some new software of Forgotten Realms Maps where one could zoom in and crop where ever the user needs.  Cities, countries, Ruins, and a few famous Dungeons would be nice.  Pre-spellplague, Spellplague, and Sundering map options where a DM on the fly could go back and make some old maps for Player handouts that dated back to ToT or year of Rogue Dragons without having to do all research the rendering and drawing that takes time to do it right. 

It is a nice dream.Undecided
Or at least rerelease the FR Interactive Atlas, maybe with some updated maps and such.  Not like it would be that hard to upgrade it to a CC3 standard, unless you wanted to change the whole style of the maps, which would be stupid and counterproductive, but... thinking about it, I can see why it hasn't happened.

"Be careful to choose your enemies well.  Friends don't much matter.  But the choice of enemies is very important."  

- Oscar Wilde

This thread is misleading.  You should replace the !!! with ???
I would love this (and pay handsomely for it, too), but only if Mike Schley did it. I'm sorry, but I just don't like the other cartographers WotC currently uses. The 4e Forgotten Realms map was a travesty. I hope they have lined up Schley for the majority of their future FR projects, especially the campaign book. 
This thread is misleading.  You should replace the !!! with ???

"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind." - Terry Pratchett ;)
Honestly, I'm not interested in a huge map of all of Toril, such maps are cool but they never really offer much use in an actual campaign.

What we need instead are detailed regional maps of each region.

I don't need a gargantuan map that just offers the major geographical features and the like, we have that already... I want small maps pin pointing specific regions in fine detail, I want to know all the inns, villages, roads, trails, lakes, ruins, pit stops - everything.. that's what is really useful in a game for me.
What Gwathir said.

"Be careful to choose your enemies well.  Friends don't much matter.  But the choice of enemies is very important."  

- Oscar Wilde