Tired of getting chumped to oblivion?

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Try this!

Monolithic Goliath
Artifact Creature - Giant Construct

Monolith (If a source would deal damage to this creature, and that damage is lower than this creature's toughness, prevent it.)
Monolithic Goliath cannot be blocked except by two or more creatures.

6/6
perhaps try 'prevent all non-lethal damage that would be dealt to ~'

i'm not entirely sure if non-lethal is a thing, so maybe prevent all damage that would be dealt to ~ if it is less than its toughness or something 
hello! i'm a signature!
This punishes opponents for blocking that heavily that its abilities pretty often wouldn't matter because it's not blocked anyway, it's even worse than Kederekt Creeper in this regard..
If you're tired of getting chumped, just play primal rage. :D

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
Erm, absorb?
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
I think by "chumped" you meant "multi-blocked", am I right?

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
How about a creature that has both Wandering Wolf's ability and Viashino Runner's ability?
blah blah metal lyrics
This punishes opponents for blocking that heavily that its abilities pretty often wouldn't matter because it's not blocked anyway, it's even worse than Kederekt Creeper in this regard..

Sometimes (a lot of the time), you'd rather lose two small creatures than lose 6 life. It's not "basically unblockable".

Erm, absorb?

There is no similarity between absorb and this. Absolutely none.

I think by "chumped" you meant "multi-blocked", am I right?

No, I mean chumped. He can't be chumped. And multi-blocking doesn't work either.

It's been done.

But not keyworded ^^.

@Flopfoot: That's so close to unblockable that you'd rather just make it unblockable.
Creatures that chump block wouldn't kill a 6/6. Misrepresentation or misunderstanding on your part of what the purpose of chump blocking is.
Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.
Creatures that chump block wouldn't kill a 6/6. Misrepresentation or misunderstanding on your part of what the purpose of chump blocking is.

To chump block is to block a creature with a smaller creature, so that the attacking creature survives and the blocker dies. What am I misunderstanding?

To chump block is to block a creature with a smaller creature, so that the attacking creature survives and the blocker dies. What am I misunderstanding?

Either this creature is not blocked, or they block with two chump blockers. The keyword is useless in most circumstances and doesn't actually deal with chump blocking.
Real men hold shift. If everyone has their fingers in the pie, then someone is eating fingers.
The War Drums ability already discourages chump blocking, as they're just throwing 2 creatures away instead of one. If they can kill your creature by double blocking, and the alternative is chumping, there's a decent chance they'll do that anyways, even without the war drums ability.
Sign In to post comments