Where is everyone?

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is it just me, or are there fewer online D2014 matches compared to D2013?

I usually pick Online > Quick Match > FFA and moe often than not, I get a 'No games found' message. Doing a search for a custom match in both Player and Ranked returned some meager results.

Player

Ranked

There are likely fewer people playing overall, and of the people playing, a larger percentage are likely playing Sealed than would have played Planechase.
Same thoughts here.
I only play DOTP on my thedevilwuster sub account so all 59 friends came from those games exclusively and there are hardly any playing other than my forum friends, and not many of them sometimes.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

If I'm any indication, we're playing Sealed and/or haven't finished unlocking all the pre-con decks yet.  I know at least a handful of other people on my list are the same (or *just* finished unlocking).  It takes a long time unless you have a lot of free time or want to get the deck keys
If I'm any indication, we're playing Sealed and/or haven't finished unlocking all the pre-con decks yet.  I know at least a handful of other people on my list are the same (or *just* finished unlocking).

Me neither, I just prefer unlocking cards in online modes.
There's always a few friends on Steam playing the game and I never had a time when I didn't see an available game O.o
I've stopped playing it for the most part.  I played one game yesterday, but that was all I had any desire to play.  Nearly every match I play is against Mind Maze (360), so it's become monotonous. 
I'v stopped playing till the expansion, I think many have done the same. I just don't find any of the decks entertaining to build or play.
I just play with friends a lot. It's much more fun because it's not super competitive, and playing with a friend is always more fun than playing with a random, IMO. If I didn't have any friends to play this game with, I would've stopped playing it days ago.
Finally got in some good 2hg in last night.
Now, that's where the fun is this year as the 1v1 meta is so lopsided.
Hoping we'll get some Thursday Night Throwdown in tomorrow.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

I have also found joining games can take a bit. I unlock cards online because quite frankly the AI seems to cheat and isn't much fun. The only benefit is variety because most ppl play the same decks over and over
I'm on Xbox and have no problem finding matches and whenever I host a match myself, someone joins within seconds.

I still have the same issue that existed in D13 though, where almost every lobby I try to join will give me a "could not join because the match no longer exists" message, even though the lobby is still there when I refresh after getting that message.
I'm on Xbox and have no problem finding matches and whenever I host a match myself, someone joins within seconds.

I still have the same issue that existed in D13 though, where almost every lobby I try to join will give me a "could not join because the match no longer exists" message, even though the lobby is still there when I refresh after getting that message.

I stopped trying to join matches a long time ago because of this issue, I had it in the 2012 version as well.  Now I only attempt to join a lobby if when I create a match I end up waiting for lengthy periods of time, or if it's around 3-4am, usually then there's an empty lobby that I'll have no issue joining, since I'm the only one trying.
They're off playing games that aren't bad.

We'll probably be back for a day or two, or however long it takes for people to realise that the Big Three got easily the most powerful stuff, with Illusions just straight taking the piss.

I've never wanted to trade in an online game before, but quite frankly I feel robbed. I don't think even Archenemy would save this game for me at this point.

I lie. Want to win back some love after you released a broken game Wizards? Bring Archenemy back. All will be forgiven.
I want to be Cultured.
Mind Maze is making me lose my desire to play online.

Sealed is exclusively against Blue/Black or Flying decks and actually provides less variety than just playing normal matches with the pre-made decks.

So yeah....I don't play so often.
Mind Maze is making me lose my desire to play online.

Sealed is exclusively against Blue/Black or Flying decks and actually provides less variety than just playing normal matches with the pre-made decks.

So yeah....I don't play so often.

This pretty much sums it up for me.  Mind Maze is stupid strong and it's over 80% of what I play against online.  The promos will be coming out soon...and Mind Maze gets the best of those so...yeah.

Since this years game draws obvious parallels to 2012 I'm holding out some hope at this point for a Dark Heavens style deck, something with more mass removal and survival would do well against Mind Maze.  Give me a few different low cost walls, some removal and my mass removal and I'll buy back in.

Either way, I've decided that until a deck gets released that works as something of a counter-balance to Mind Maze I'm passing on the rest of 2014. 
"So, you didn't like Goblins, eh? We're going to give you Goblins with bounce and counterspells and Hexproof. See how you like them apples."

Wizards: If it isn't game design, we can't do it right. Frankly, we're kind of shaky on the game design sometimes too.

1v1 in this game is complete garbage atm so.... plenty of 2HG matches every time I play.
I have no problem finding Ranked Matches. I play on 360.

The secret is to create a match instead of joining. THen you don´t have to find with over players trying to join the the same few lobbies.

It useally takes 5-20 seconds before someone joins.
Yeah that always works for me too. Create and you shall have a match. Unless 1v1 really that bad.
Never have problems finding games on the 360.  

When I first signed on last night there were 5 "Player" matches waiting, 4 "Ranked" and 1 "Sealed"

Sealed is doing better than Planechase, but it's not stealing from 1v1 really, that I see. 
The top level players are playing Sealed.
Bingo
The top level players are playing Sealed.

I dunno about that on Xbox.  I still see most of the usual suspects up near the top of the ranked leaderboards.  More Potatoes, VincibleLobster, FuzzballtheBlue, etc

VincibleLobster is insane... I played him a lot in 2013 when I was off work with the baby. Now that I'm working again, though, I never see him around. He's from NZ, I think.
VincibleLobster is insane... I played him a lot in 2013 when I was off work with the baby. Now that I'm working again, though, I never see him around. He's from NZ, I think.

I know, dude plays a ton AND wins a ton, based on his rank in the top 30 (when I checked last night).
Shoot me a request Janax, I need someone besides mobius to remind me how bad I really am. GT Hakeem928.