Any way to delete credit card information from an account?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
I used my credit card on someone else's account thinking I could just delete it, but that is not the case. How do I remove it?
You should be able to delete it from Your Payment Informations , if it dosen't woek, you may want to contact Customer Service

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

This a pretty rudimentary frustrating poorly designed website.  The more I went through the links and multiple password requests the more I knew I didn't want these guys in charge of my credit card information.  I would imagine the auto renewal shutoff link is purposefully hard to find so you get frustrated and say, well its only 25 bucks I'll deal with it next month, then you never do.  Anyway, after about 45 minutes of fooling around with it, here is the sequence.  

1. From the D&D home page, at the bottom right there is a link to your account, take that.  Sign into your account.

2. Next choose 'Manage D&D insider account', this pulls up the account page.  

3. Now don't be distracted by the other links which are labeled like they should get you there, they don't.  Choose 'My Order History', which brings up all old payments.

4. Click on your latest order number, the most recent auto withdrawl you've had.

5. On the right of the order that comes up is the 'Manage Subscriptions' tab, nicely hidden in three layers of links, click on it.

6. From there you can turn off auto renewal.  

To protect yourself from having your active credit card information on thier system after you close this out is a bit tough as it doesn't seem to let you erase all cards in their system.  If you have an old expired card in the system your in luck.  Make that expired card the default, then delete the active card from the account.  Now if someone hacks this poorly constructed website, with what I would imagine is equally as poor security,  they won't get far with your expired card.  Namaste

I am not trying to stop an auto renewel, I just would like to remove my Credit Card information from an account that does not actually belong to me. The card unfortunately has not expired yet. 6 months later and I still cannot figure out how to do this. When I try to go to "Payment Information" I only get the option to EDIT the card information, and cannot entirely delete it.

Have you tried putting in a bogus card number or all spaces?

Torg_Smith wrote:

Have you tried putting in a bogus card number or all spaces?

Yep, all spaces gives an error, and using a fake card just gives me a "Invalid card, please try again" message without changing.

I would contact customer support. You can always have your bank issue you a new card with a different number as well.

Torg_Smith wrote:

I would contact customer support. You can always have your bank issue you a new card with a different number as well.

I was really trying to avoid the former, and it will be incredibly sad if I have to do the latter.