Also name suggestions would be nice.
Sounds fine.
This really required a thread?

Wow.
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
Actually, Vahar is a terrible name, especially for a deva.

Havar is much, much better, especially for a male cleric.

Trust me
/\ Art

Actually, according to the official rules, all Devas are named Bob... They are only given a different name by the peoples of the material world because we can't tell them apart.

In general, any time you name a character ask the Dm if his or her world has any particular naming conventions for the individual races or kingdoms. Unless the DM is going for a very specific flavor to their campaign, they probably won't have any issues with whatever name you pick as long as it's not something ridiculously stupid.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

If it were a female deva I'd probably go with Donna Summer or Thelma Houston. 

But then, Vahar is probably okay for male, cleric type of Deva, instead of a female, disco-type diva.

If it were a female deva I'd probably go with Donna Summer or Thelma Houston. 

But then, Vahar is probably okay for male, cleric type of Deva, instead of a female, disco-type diva.

Things like this make me want to consider a new hobby.
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
Vahar sounds good.

Personally I feel like the Deva are a DnD race that are possibly influenced (in terms of appearance and name both) by Indian culture.

I mean when I first started playing DnD and saw the Deva race the first thing that came to my mind was "Mahadeva?". Anything with an Indian flavor to it could probably sound like it fits well (but that's just me). This is DnD though after all and you can come up with any name you like and make it fit just as well. Take it for what you will.