Lords of Creation : Chaos Within (OOC Thread)

1485 posts / 0 new
Last post
I reccomend picking up another domain.  It helps.

Well, the problem with Culthet is that we need to get rid of all the gods, AND kill off all of the mortals.  That's... honestly, I want a more positive ending than that  
we don't have to kill off everyone....... but that doesn't mean a large chunk cant go off in a massive cataclysm

show

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isred.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/6.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/24.jpg)

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.

I am probably biased by only having participated in this game once, but I am unsure if our goal for the endgame should be to establish a loose continuity of some sort withm previous games rather than examining the ending that fits this LOC the best and allowing it to stand independently.

Merely my thoughts however.

Oh, and great to see yuo again Ara! Hope to see you posting soon. Do you want in on the Hero of the Ages storyline I am trying to revive at the moment?

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. -Revelation 21:6

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.-John Donne, Meditation XVII

My photo was found here.

Wait a sec... Forgotten, did you just kill off Cantorix?

And yeah... the Culthet idea was nice, but... I'm liking some other ideas now too!  
It might very well get him killed, yes. But not yet, no. Sorry for any confusion or lack of clarity.

Currently, he's on the frontlines battling dragonspawn and has just slipped into the rage that is inside all black dragons. Although now that i think about it, his death might be interesting...

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. -Revelation 21:6

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.-John Donne, Meditation XVII

My photo was found here.

Forgotten, what do you think about turning the Impaled Leviathan into a sort of "Eternal Proving Ground" for the dragons, where the Dragons make it their mandate to continuously attack the undying Leviathan and the dragonspawn it births, keeping it (effectively) pacified ad infinitum?
That sounds fun.

I'm a little sad that its at the Moot, but that doesn't seem likely to change. I'm all for it.

My photo was found here.

I'd like to gather all of the dragon colors together at the Mootstone, if possible.  Can we make those Gold dragons quickly, and can we get some non-violent White Dragons as well?
Raven, would you say that there are two groups of Balor now? Those that I created, and then those that are the body of the behemoth, or would you say that there is only one group (all immortal mini behemoths)? Also, and I guess this would go to the admins as well, does that make the Balor an exarch race? Just curious how to play them.

As for the leviathan (and the Zizu), my thought had originally been to use their bodies to construct the demiplane that was eventually going to be TASOE's body. Seemed that ruin husks of exarchs would be appropriate. Not that things have to go that way, mind, but I thought it would be good to share what my thoughts had been.

Oh, and great to see you again Ara! Hope to see you posting soon. Do you want in on the Hero of the Ages storyline I am trying to revive at the moment?

Ara? My earlier questions?

A "No" would suffice.

My photo was found here.

Forgotten, by any chance would Azgo like to kill one of the First? If we're heading towards end game, I thought it might be nice if Azgo finally got revenge.

Oh, and great to see you again Ara! Hope to see you posting soon. Do you want in on the Hero of the Ages storyline I am trying to revive at the moment?

Ara? My earlier questions?

A "No" would suffice.

Oh wow, sorry, I completely missed that. Yeah, that would be great! Just... uhm... lemme know what you need.
@Everybody but in response to Pen: Why yes, I would quite enjoy the destruction of a Firstborn. I think it would add a lot of weight and credibility to Azgo's machinations in-universe. And I would like to do that regardless of endgame distance.

There seems to be one prime candidate among us. James said that Pruinus was fair game for destruction, and it seems that no one is particularly interested in either interacting with her or her creations (come to think of it, there is not a lot of mantle passing about here. Onus' giants and Gelab Duhr, Rimmon's Nightwalkers, Pruinus' Nix). It would also be nice thematically: first to challenge Azgo, first to be destroyed.

My original plan was to help the Firstborn in their battles against the godbeasts and then slip away in the later part of the battle for some assassination. But it seems that both A): the godbeasts are not the threat they used to be, and B): Agni, Father Thorn, and Zebus are either partially inactive or frozen in time during a conversation everbody is waiting for someone else to advance.

So what If I instead sneak out through the Abyss-Great Beyond link and do some more subtle work in dispatching Pruinus untill the very end?

Comments, thoughts, problems, questions?

@Ara: No problem at all. To be honest, I'm not sure what I "need" per say as I have not planned anything too detailed nor specific. Nobody seems intent on controlling him despite earlier approval and the plan for him was lost with James. So basically I am commendeering him for the time being to launch an arc of my own. You could do a whole bunch of stuff. He could use an adventuring companion, a player controller, or some brainstorming on cool things he could do. If anything appeals to you or you have a question, feel free to ask.

My photo was found here.

Raven, would you say that there are two groups of Balor now? Those that I created, and then those that are the body of the behemoth, or would you say that there is only one group (all immortal mini behemoths)? Also, and I guess this would go to the admins as well, does that make the Balor an exarch race? Just curious how to play them.

As for the leviathan (and the Zizu), my thought had originally been to use their bodies to construct the demiplane that was eventually going to be TASOE's body. Seemed that ruin husks of exarchs would be appropriate. Not that things have to go that way, mind, but I thought it would be good to share what my thoughts had been.

My initial thought was that there were two subgroups, "Demons" and "Arch-Demons" as it were, corresponding to the first and second batches respectively.

And I wasn't aware you were going to construct a demiplane like that. In that case, I suggest the Zizu. Probably kill it in a extremely grisly and brutal fashion, first, and harvest some of the leviathan as well, perhaps?

Also, Thought, I am waiting for Artun to respond before creating Gold dragons (giving either you or Toph the opportunity to).

Bonus thought -- the zizu has fled towards the leviathan, and some of the newly-minted less-aggressive whites are following it towards the leviathan and the moot stone.

Bonus bonus thought - Seg + Artun also flee towards the leviathan, bringing some of the hot-off-the-presses golds with them to the leviathan and the moot stone.

@Forgotten

I have no strong opinion on this.
@Raven.  Yeah, I want every dragon color there when we make some dragonborn with the last orb.

@Forgotten.  I was actually about to do something with the Nix... but... I... appear to have forgotten what it was, unfortunately.  

Shadow, are you still around?  

And yes, let us please move this Thought/Pen/Me/Shadow/Sa(?) thing forward.  TASOE, we must find you! 
Edited my post in response to you, Toph.

My photo was found here.

Ah, thanks.  Would have missed it.  Won't be able to reply till tomorrow night, sadly.
So... we're all waiting on Thought again, yes?
Well, some of us are waiting on you...  *coughmootcough*

Well, some of us are waiting on you...  *coughmootcough*

Which is waiting on the gold dragons, which is waiting on... Thought.

And yes, let us please move this Thought/Pen/Me/Shadow/Sa(?) thing forward.  TASOE, we must find you! 

Actually i wanted to question that. Last time i checked, TASOE was inside the god-mountain... which has now been split up into thousands of Balor. So... what does that that implicate for TASOE's presence?

Also, I haven't seen Shadow on mibbit for about a week now. Normally he's there sometime throughout the day.

My photo was found here.

I think TASOE is... where... TASOE is.

*shrug*

Veok, Forgotten, expect tags for both of you by the end of the night.   Actually, Raven, can you brief me on what the other side of the Umbrage looks like? (I assume there is another side, but I'm being forgetful.)

*shrug*

Veok, Forgotten, expect tags for both of you by the end of the night.   Actually, Raven, can you brief me on what the other side of the Umbrage looks like? (I assume there is another side, but I'm being forgetful.)

There is another side, but the portal / holes are essentially set up as one-way entrances.

I haven't really given much thought to what it's like among the Umbrage. (That is to say, on the other side)
Ah, Thought, sorry to confuse you. I was giving you (as Artun) or Toph (as... Agni) the chance to create Gold Dragons. I'm waiting for Gold Dragons to be created to meet at the moot, so Toph can create Dragonborn.

*shrug*

There is another side, but the portal / holes are essentially set up as one-way entrances.

I haven't really given much thought to what it's like among the Umbrage. (That is to say, on the other side)

Well, that just... hmph.   Well, fine.  If you don't want to torment an Azer with the Lovecraftian horrors of a twisted nether-universe, SO BE IT.
Hey Toph, you there?

You said you wanted the Insuannen hunted yes? Did you have any other plans/ideas with them?

My photo was found here.

Ummm....

I'm sure something will come to me soon, but that was about as far as I got with them.  Going to try and get an exarch out of all of this since Raven so helpfully prevented the LAST time I tried to make this exarch by inventing stupid translation magic  
Thought-  I haven't had time to get into it, but Agni isn't really sure which part of him is... him... anymore.
@Everybody but in response to Pen: Why yes, I would quite enjoy the destruction of a Firstborn. I think it would add a lot of weight and credibility to Azgo's machinations in-universe. And I would like to do that regardless of endgame distance.

There seems to be one prime candidate among us. James said that Pruinus was fair game for destruction, and it seems that no one is particularly interested in either interacting with her or her creations (come to think of it, there is not a lot of mantle passing about here. Onus' giants and Gelab Duhr, Rimmon's Nightwalkers, Pruinus' Nix). It would also be nice thematically: first to challenge Azgo, first to be destroyed.

I was thinking more along the lines of Leaf, actually. After all, it seems like Azgo views him as the head honcho.
Sorry for vanishing. I should post4 in the next few days. Things got hectic at work.

http://community.wizards.com/play-by-post_haven The Play-by-Post recruitment hub for the forums. Stop by, join us, and sign up for some games while you are there

Cookie Collection
71235715 wrote:
Oh good.  You aren't dead. :P

My photo was found here.

Like a mid day breeze, here and gone.

And before anyone gets ansy, I did not kill anything! I just sent it flying out of my realm! :P

show

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isred.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/6.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/24.jpg)

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.

Hey Joran, nice to see you again!

In other news, it seems it is my turn to vanish for a time. Starting Friday, I won't be able to get at a computer for about ten days or so. If anyone has anything pressing that they want from me, ask and ask quickly. 

My photo was found here.

Well, I'm off for ten days or so. Here's my actions when appropriate:

Unless someone vehemently disagrees with my self-chosen mission, Azgo will move to engage the thousands of Balor in the East when the planning meeting is finished.

If this moves faster than i anticipate, and someone is waiting on Azgo to attack the Balor or if Thought wants to describe the attack from his side, then Azgo unleashes the Craterspawn hordes on the Balor. Their tactics are mainly to harry, contain, and cripple rather than a full out do-or-die attack. Azgo seems mysteriously absent from the battlefeild however.

Maybe that will be necessary, maybe not. But its there.

Happy posting. 

My photo was found here.

Sorry guys, had a crazy weekend and missed the reset.  I'll get it up after I get this post finished to move stuff along.

I think its fairly obvious that this game is drawing to an end.  I think a logical ending would be the battle of the Gods with TASOE, followed by a week of 'aftermath' posts and then we call it finished while we still have some motivation left.  What do people think?

Also, Raven, please find me on Steam... or tell me if you had any particular plans for the Gold Dragons being created.  If not, I'm probably going to make them momentarially.
Sorry guys, had a crazy weekend and missed the reset.  I'll get it up after I get this post finished to move stuff along.

I think its fairly obvious that this game is drawing to an end.  I think a logical ending would be the battle of the Gods with TASOE, followed by a week of 'aftermath' posts and then we call it finished while we still have some motivation left.  What do people think?

Also, Raven, please find me on Steam... or tell me if you had any particular plans for the Gold Dragons being created.  If not, I'm probably going to make them momentarially.

I had no plans for them other than the color, and for them to travel the moot immediately.

...also, pretty sure that Agni has never met Sa. Sa sent out feeler petals to Agni, but left without speaking when the godswarm followed Agni. (Talked only to Onus and Urru)

So we did meet!
Okay.  Then... I shall make them.
Uh... where did everyone go?
Still here. You said if I didn't have any plans, you were making gold dragons, no?