Don't call it a generator, but...

It's huge. It's kind of slow, but it works, mostly. May I present my character sheet [links below]

I want you to tell me every mistake I've made, and if you're a better programmer than me, why not try and tidy up that code. I stole a few ideas (and parts of images) from other character sheets around here. Thanks to everyone else who made this possible. Now, criticise!

Edit: SagaSheet 1.4

Hey, guys, let me give you the lowdown.

I've been working hard on the sheet over the past few weeks, trying to make it more user-friendly as well as updating it with the new material. I think that I've made big improvements in a lot of areas, but with the big changes are bound to come a whole Huttload of bugs.

Coincidentally, I have exams coming up in the next two weeks. It's strange to think that I started this sheet before starting uni, and these are my third year exams (and if they go well, I get to go to Harvard next year! Laughing). The downside of that is that I won't have time to work on the sheet, which also means that I haven't updated a lot of the little bugs that you guys have mentioned over the past few pages. The upside is that while I'm away, you can delve deeply into the sheet and tear it up, giving me lots of fun new work after I've finished my exams (and the subsequent celebrations).

There isn't import/export support at the moment. I'm considering moving in a whole new direction for that function - importing from the statblock format that the sheet produces. Ambitious, perhaps, but it would hopefully make the sheet a lot more cross-compatible with other products. I'd appreciate your thoughts on this sort of thing.

So, what I'm giving you is edition 1.4, and it is essentially beta. 1.41 (and probably 1.42) will hopefully be more stable (and probably slightly sleeker). I'll leave the link up for the older version.

I hope you guys understand my decision here. I'm doing this out of my own free time, and sometimes that free time just isn't there.

Thanks.

Version 1.31b

Ship Sheet 1.0 Beta

SagaSheet
Nevermind, I just realized I can give myself the Skill Training feat in the bonus tab instead. 
Hey there,

Is it possible under the Bonus tab to give yourself an extra Trained Skill?  I see where I can give myself a bonus to the actual check, or set it as a "class skill", but not actually give it as a free trained skill.

I'm in a game where the GM is giving everyone the Use The Force skill as a free trained skill, regardless of class.  

Actually, yes. Under the Bonus tab, in skills section there is a small check box next to each, and that is Class. Check that bo and any skill should now be a class skill, if you checked it.
Hey there,

Is it possible under the Bonus tab to give yourself an extra Trained Skill?  I see where I can give myself a bonus to the actual check, or set it as a "class skill", but not actually give it as a free trained skill.

I'm in a game where the GM is giving everyone the Use The Force skill as a free trained skill, regardless of class.  

Actually, yes. Under the Bonus tab, in skills section there is a small check box next to each, and that is Class. Check that bo and any skill should now be a class skill, if you checked it.

Not quite what I meant.  I was asking how to use the bonus tab to give myself an extra trained skill (so more than the number given by class + int bonus).  Figured it out though, I just had to give myself the a bonus "skill training" feat.  I was just looking in the wrong spot.
Hey there,

Not quite what I meant.  I was asking how to use the bonus tab to give myself an extra trained skill (so more than the number given by class + int bonus).  Figured it out though, I just had to give myself the a bonus "skill training" feat.  I was just looking in the wrong spot.

But you can do just that. In the Bonus tab, there is a list of the skills. Next to each one is a box that says 'class' above it. When you click that box, the selected skill will now be a 'class skill' for that character your inputting into the sheet.

Edit: in clicking that box to make it a class skill, you won't need to take extra skill training feats. 
Hey there,

But you can do just that. In the Bonus tab, there is a list of the skills. Next to each one is a box that says 'class' above it. When you click that box, the selected skill will now be a 'class skill' for that character your inputting into the sheet.

Edit: in clicking that box to make it a class skill, you won't need to take extra skill training feats. 

He's asking about getting extra trained skills, not about how to make a non-class skill a class skill. I think the way he went about it was the best way, ie, get a bonus skill training feat.

JOIN US AT THE NEW STAR WARS SAGA EDITION COMMUNITY: THE SAGA CONTINUES!

Compiled files of all Star Wars Saga Edition resource documents & reference tools - NPCs, character sheets, Dawn of Defiance, Force and lightsaber form power cards, Jedi Counseling articles, NPC statblocks, Saga Index to all feats, talents, species, weapons, etc, Star Wars articles and web enhancements

Where in goodness' name is Wan-shen in the Weapons tab?!
Where in goodness' name is Wan-shen in the Weapons tab?!

I'll fix it now. Stand by..

Compiled files of all Star Wars Saga Edition resource documents & reference tools - NPCs, character sheets, Dawn of Defiance, Force and lightsaber form power cards, Jedi Counseling articles, NPC statblocks, Saga Index to all feats, talents, species, weapons, etc, Star Wars articles and web enhancements

I am releasing a new version of Sagasheet. It contains some basic fixes. However, I’m not a programmer like Ilmion or Kenad Broki, therefore I was only able to make basic or partial fixes.

Here is the latest Sagasheet. It’s called Sagasheet 1.4 (Ilmion fixed 0.56):

Download latest version of Sagasheet!

Note: the latest version of Sagasheet can always be downloaded from my signature. Click on “Compiled files…”

Here are the errors that I have fixed in version “Ilmion fixed 0.56”:

Errors fixed in Sagasheet 1.4 (Ilmion fixed 0.56)
Feats

Feats: Fixed the Collapse button
Feats: Superior Tech cannot be chosen more than once

Statblock tab: Statblock does not always display all of the abilities of a chosen species; for example, the Anzati’s Soup Drinking ability is not listed anywhere in the statblock.

Shards: when I select Shard species, the Use Computer bonus skill is not activating

Feats/Talents: Force Perception does not activate Unwavering Resolve

Weapons: Neuronic whip deals 2d8 stun + 1d4 slashing damage; reach increases by 1sq

Weapons: Missing Stun Bayonet (Web articles page 289)

Character tab: Medical Droid not granting Skill Training (Treat Injury) as bonus feat. It’s also not granting Skill Focus (Treat Injury) as bonus feat when selected.

Statblock tab: Barabel Microbe Armor not showing DR 2 vs fire and energy damage.

Character tab: When selecting Protocol stock droid chassis, the bonus skill trainings do not appear in the Skills tab (Persuasion and Knowledge)

Armor tab: Powered Battle Armor is adding a DR 2, but it should not have any DR

Feats/Talents: Bonded Mount (Force Adept talent) does not become available after selecting Charm Beast (Dathomiri Witch tree)

Equipment: Add Infragoggles (KOTOR page 150), grants low-light vision

Weapons: The grenade launcher only gives the options to load frag, ion, and stun grenades, and the electronet. It’s missing adhesive, concussion, CryoBan, EMP, gas, radiation, and smoke grenades.

Weapon: Thud Bug has stun damage option

Weapons tab: Concealed dart launcher deals 3d8 stun not 1d4 stun

Weapons tab: Wan Shen is missing!

Statblock tab: Field kit displays “24 filters, 12 atmospher canisters” which is not supposed to be there

Here is a complete list of errors that remain. They contain errors reported by others in this thread, as well as myself. They are a complete collection of old and new errors. I have entered comments and notations on the Sagasheet 1.4 (Ilmion fixed 0.55) indicating most of these errors. I also added a new tab called "Known Issues" that you can check in the Sagasheet.

New and ongoing Errors:

Error

Feats tab: Droid Shield Mastery not available even when prerequisites met. I selected “Droid” and added an SR 20 shield generator

Feats tab: Recurring Success allows the selecting of talents but not feats. Cannot select a feat (the boxes appear, but they are greyed out and I can’t put anything in the box to select it).

Talents tab: When I gain a level of Force Disciple, one Force Adept talent becomes available. When I select it, the box showing available talents does not reduce from “1” to “0”. It stays at “1”, no matter how many talents I select. In other words, you can select an infinite amount of Force Adept talents with one level of Force Disciple. You never run out of Force Adept talents.

Talents tab: Droid talent “Just a scratch” does not become available even when I meet prerequisites. I tried duranium battle armor (heavy) and Durasteel battle armor (medium)

Abilities and Classes tab: when I select Shard species, the Constitution is available to be modified, but it’s not counting towards the Point Buy. In other words, I can enter CON 18, but the Point Buy will show the same number

Beast: Can’t make beasts with Sagasheet 1.4. The weapons tab gives me a runtime error. (Temporary fix: use Sagasheet 1.31c to make beasts)

Talents/Statblock: I select Watchful Step which allows me to use Perception modifier instead of Initiative modifier. However, in the statblock, the “Init” entry near the top of the statblock is still showing the original Initiative modifier instead of the Perception modifier. (The “Skills” section of the statblock is ok)

Armor: It would be nice for the option to Attune an armor as per the Attune Armor Jensaarai talent (+2 armor to Ref, +1 max dex)

Feat: Turn and Burn feat does not become available even when I meet the prerequisites (Droid, Dex 13, hovering locomotion)

Abilities and Classes: I have a Heuristic Processor and I select “Independent Droid” from the “Prestige Class” menu to see if I qualify for that prestige class. It says I’m missing a Heuristic Processor even though I have one.

Abilities and Classes: I select “Force Disciple” from the “Prestige Class” menu to see if I qualify for that prestige class. It says I’m missing a Force Technique. I have two of them! I have discovered that for some reason, if you have any of the first 9 Force Techniques, or any of the last 4 Force Techniques, the box does not recognize those Force Techniques as qualifying you for Force Disciple. (It’s not a big deal because you can take Force Disciple anyway, but still…)

First 9 Force Techniques:
Advanced Vital Transfer
Cure Disease
Detoxify Poison
Dominate Mind
Extended Blind
Extended Force Disarm
Extended Force Grip
Extended Force Thrust
Extended Move Object

Last 4 Force Techniques:
Improved Thought Bomb
Improved Valor
Improved Vital Transfer
Language Absorption

Statblock: Droid Systems do not display the page number when I click on “Show page numbers” checkbox

Statblock: Droid Quirks do not appear in the statblock

Statblock: When selecting Force Pilot talent and Starship Tactics feat, the Statblock displays “Starship Maneuvers” and the Pilot skill modifier. However, it is showing the regular Pilot skill modifier instead of the Use the Force modifier from (Force Pilot)

Weapons: Applying the Bothan template to the contact stunner does not increase the stun damage by 1 die, nor does it decrease the normal damage by 1 point.

Weapons/Statblock: Droid Smash talent does not seem to be adding the double Str bonus to one-handed weapons.

Character tab: missing Sith Abomination sentient template

Droid: Okay, I've come to discover that trying to create a droid character is impossible if you select “Droid” in the “character” menu. I get a “runtime error 13 type mismatch” when I do that. So forget that.

The only way you can make a droid with [Sagasheet 1.4 Ilmion fixed 0.3] is by selecting a stock droid chassis (by selecting “Droid, Labor” or “Droid, Battle” or “Droid, Astromech,” etc, in the “character” menu). Also, you can only make a medium sized droid this way. Any other size doesn’t work. It won’t apply size bonuses or penalties. If I select “large” in the “character” tab in cell D6, when I return to the “character” tab, it says “medium”. In ”droid” tab cell N4, the size says “medium” no matter what I enter in “character” tab cell D6. Manually entering "large" in the ”droid” tab cell N4 doesn't seem to do anything. In the “character” tab, cell D6 has option for size, but no matter what I enter, it will go back to “medium”.

Therefore, you have 3 options:

1) Create a medium sized droid by selecting a stock droid chassis (by selecting “Droid, Labor” or “Droid, Battle” or “Droid, Astromech,” etc, in the “character” menu). Make the size bonuses and penalties and adjustments manually.

2) I tried reverting to an older version of Sagasheet: version 1.31c. I was able to successfully create a large T1 Bulk Loader Droid. The only thing with this version of Sagasheet is that it's missing 3 books: Scavenger's Guide to Droids, Galaxy of Intrigue, and Unknown Regions. So you won't have the feats and talents from those books. But you can make a large droid. You can use the "Bonus" tab or the "Notes" tab to add extra feats and talents.

Sagasheet 1.31c: www.mediafire.com/?h8i35w7t8ss8n

Droid tab: When I select “Droid” in Character tab, the Droid Degree drop-down menu is frozen (cell D8 in “Droid” tab). It’s supposed to allow you to select 5 different degrees of droid. It’s stuck on “4th (combat, security)”

Droid tab: Intermittent error: The “Systems” drop-down menu does not always match the “System Type.” For example, if I try to change an “Appendage” in System Type and it should display things like “hand, claw, etc”. Instead it shows me the Accessories.

Partial fix: If I delete the “System Type” and then select it again, then it will display the correct “Systems” in the drop-down menu.

Droid tab: Hardened Systems is not adding any bonus to hp and damage threshold

Character tab: When I select Species “Battle Droid”, the bonus feat drop-down menu at the bottom appears (cell C34), and I can select any Weapon Proficiency and it will add it to the “feats” tab. However, if I select Weapon Proficiency (simple), it will not add Weapon Proficiency (simple) to the “Feats” tab. All the other Weapon Proficiency work fine.

Character tab: If I select any stock droid chassis (ex: “Battle Droid” ), I cannot make larger than medium droids. I try select the size from the drop-down menu (cell G8). But no matter what size I enter (ex: Huge), it goes back to Medium. If I select plain “Droid,” I am able to make larger droids. In ”Droid” tab cell N4, the size says “medium” no matter what I enter in “character” tab cell G8.

Droid tab: When Armor is selected in Droid tab, the "Max Dex" does not work (ie, it’s not limiting the Dex bonus to Ref). I think it has something to do with the “Armor” tab.

Combined feats: When you are wielding a single one-handed weapon for which you have Weapon Focus, you can treat that weapon as a light weapon. I have Weapon Focus (lightsabers), so the lightsaber should be a light weapon. But the Master of Elegance damage bonus is not applying.

Bonus tab: Add “extra damage” in bonus tab under Miscellaneous

Character tab: a dash in the FP’s when selecting Yuzzhan Vong creates a Runtime Error in the Statblock tab. Replace dash with zero.

Feat tab: Slammer feat does not become available even when I meet the prerequisites

Statblock tab: The independent spirit class feature of the Independent Droid PrC is not listed anywhere in the statblock.

Weapons tab: Mighty Throw feat not adding STR bonus to grenade attacks

Starting tab: “Export character” doesn’t work (not a big deal)

Also in the Feat Tab, the Collapse button keeps pulling up Microsoft Visual Basic for Applica..... 400
Also in the Feat Tab, the Collapse button keeps pulling up Microsoft Visual Basic for Applica..... 400

I don't even know what that button is supposed to do.

It's supposed to close off all of the Feats not available (ie. you don't meet the qualifications).  It shows them as soon as you meet the qualifications.

It's supposed to close off all of the Feats not available (ie. you don't meat the qualifications).  It shows them as soon as you meat the qualifications.

I have no idea how to do that. I can only make basic changes and corrections. No advanced stuff like this.

So I got my programmer friend to fix the Collapse button! Download the new version of Sagasheet at the same place (post #2289)

Thanks so much for your work, richterbelmont10!  It is greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much for your work, richterbelmont10!  It is greatly appreciated.

Thanks. But I'm just tweaking things here and there (and sometimes causing problems in the process!). Kenad Broki and Ilmion did most of the genious programming.

I am releasing a new version of Sagasheet. It's just a small revision from the last one. It mostly fixes a bunch of bonus feats on the "Feats" tab that were either missing or incorrect.

Here is the latest Sagasheet. It’s called Sagasheet 1.4 (Ilmion fixed 0.57):

Download latest version of Sagasheet!

Note: the latest version of Sagasheet can always be downloaded from my signature. Click on “Compiled files…”

Please let me know if there are any bugs.

I keep getting this error when I try to give my character 40 picks of Force Powers.

"Player.ForcePower(y).Name = Force.Range(namecol & x).Value"
Thanks Richterbelmont for keeping the flame in so many ways!

ZehnWaters, have you tried giving them 39 Force Powers... ? 
I keep getting this error when I try to give my character 40 picks of Force Powers.

"Player.ForcePower(y).Name = Force.Range(namecol & x).Value"

I get this error when I select more than 20 different force powers. Unfortunately, the error is in the programming language, which I have no idea how to fix. I'll see if my programmer friend can help...

In view of the announced destruction of these Star Wars forums, the new home for the Sagasheet is located here, at The Saga Continues.

When I use Jedi Knight Prestige Class, I don't get the force techniques on the pair levels