Lords of Creation : Chaos Within (OOC Thread)

1485 posts / 0 new
Last post
Actually, I put it on the FAR side of the continent for a reason.  I'm not *that* mean
Alright Pen, two thoughts.

First, how do you feel about the snow elves taking a blow and losing one of their cities? I am begining to think about Azgo learning of their worship of them only to be disgusted by their lack of devotion when he sends commands and visions. Basically something cataclysmic.

And second, Azgo will be needing a smith soon. I was thinking about just creating an exarch, but that seems a little cheap in a cooperative game. What if you created a proud (race goes here) smith, accomplish any ends you might want to (especially against me), and then off him for me to pick up and use in the Abyss? That seems much more fleshed out to me.

But as always, the choice remains with you.

Hey Forgotten, sorry, I had missed these questions (I blame Canada, because I can).

Sure, destroy a city or two. Although, they are devout to the forms of Azgoian religion, so it would depend on how contrary to their true religion those commands and visions would be.

As for a smith, Thought and Joran have set trends. Why not make Thraeus your smith exarch? Might irk Agni a little, too ;)

EDIT: Wait a minute... smiths have hammers. Urk the Orc has a divine hammer. He could count as a smith, I suspect. A very bad, very violent smith.
Hey guys! Its good to be back, so, what have you been up-

(Forgotten checks the IC)

AAAUUUUUUGGGGHHHHHH!! All hands on deck! Man your battlestations; the Inevitable is off the port bow! This is NOT a drill! I repeat: This is NOT a drill! Code Ultra-Uber-Impossibly red-RED!

Three days?! Three?! What happenned? Nobody has anything to say?

To Pen: I was thinking about that, but Azgo is... less than inclined towards mental domination Thought style. And Joran asked Shadow before taking Marcus, so snatching Thereus leaves me a little uncomfortable.

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. -Revelation 21:6

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.-John Donne, Meditation XVII

My photo was found here.

Well, I've been... waiting.  For you, for Thought, for... someone else

Also busy.  Stupid work.   
In the hopes of spurring discussion and such that we go on towards a blaze of glory rather than our current dying blaze...

Shall we talk end-game? 
*sigh*

Yeah, I think we probably should.  Posts are starting to taper off and it would be better to end strong than weak. 
Hmm....

Well, I had assumed that someone else was going to start talking, but... I can start.

We've ended LoCs in a few ways in the past.  

Way 1 is to just let things taper off and then call it done when no one is posting, but not have any particular effort put into it.  I... don't really like this option... the last LoC ended this way.

Way 2 is to end in such a way that we create a number of interesting hooks for the DMs to use as launching-off points for campaigns, but doesn't have a particularly climactic ending.  For instance... loc-central.wikia.com/wiki/The_World_Tod....  AR ended with the Gods leaving, but no real dramatic climax.

Way 3 is to end with some sort of dramatic, climactic event that is resolved right in the nick of time without doing lasting damage to the entire world.  For example, WorldWarp ended with the awakening of one of the Great Monsters and the fight of Gods and mortals to defeat it (which they did).  While the Triskelion was devastated, the rest of the world was left relatively untouched.

Way 4 is to end in a dramatic, climactic event that dramatically reshapes the world and remains either unresolved or resolved in such a way that the implications of its resolution are vast and undescribed.  For instance, the end of LightVoid saw war break out on nearly every planet left in existence, and at the end of the game, saw the leader of the bad guys defeated, but his armies still rampaging across many of the other worlds.  

And of course, these can be combined.

My thoughts:

Given the way this LoC has played out, Way 4 seems the most appropriate ending.  Some of you know my desire to cause a portion of this world to break off into its own plane, Loom-style, and go careening through the metaverse, slowly becoming Culthet from WorldWarp.  Honestly, what I think should happen is a final battle between the 'Good' Gods and TASOE.  Thoughts from others?   

Here's what I'm considering / would like to see (This would fall under way 3, I believe) :

Dragons defeat the other two godbeasts -- The Orange dragons would seek out their kin to the north (guided by Agni's new exarch, perhaps), rally with the Whites, and take out the Zizu. Meanwhile, the Azures from the inside and dragons spawned from the stone-tower sun in the west (where all the gods are around) defeat the Behemoth / godmountain. (Potential plot thing: since the dragon orbs have been spawning from death, perhaps Zebus makes the stone tower into a conduit for the great dark beyond, and all that death energy causes the orb to birth forth the final dragons.

The Crystal Heart is either rendered moot, rules lawyer'd, or retconned on account of the godbeasts being defeated by mortals (dragons spawned from death) and not gods.

Finally, Cantorix, Lucan, and Red Dragonette finish binding the mootstone to all 6 of the dragon broods. In response, the 7th sun, fueled by the death of the leviathan (which birthed dragonspawn) and all the dragons fighting it, creates Dragonborn, servitor race to dragons, and a symbol of the dragon's unity (since dragonborn have all colors).

Sa reveals the existence of TASOE, and then leaves.

The other (non-Azgo) gods resolve the buisness with TASOE, and then get into an end-game state themselves.

Meanwhile, Azgo is lurking in the abyss, biding his time.

Thoughts?

PS: (There is, perhaps, an interesting parallel between Itja-Rek and TASOE).
I like most of that... honestly, a big theme of this iteration has been that the Gods generally muck things up... okay, rephrase... AGNI usually mucks things up while the mortals find themselves perfectly capable of handling themselves.

My thought is that the Gods set about finding the heart and destroying it, so they're not completely useless, but not actually saving the world from the monsters, either.  

The TASOE to Itja-Rek connection is highly intriguing.  It would require some... setup.

Thought:  Which suns have been corrupted, where are the red orbs, and... the Leviathan has two suns in it, yes? 
So... as... we've had one post this week, we're gonna just pretend that this week is EXTRA long and go for two weeks before the next Reset.

Hopefully Thought and Forgotten will return full-time to us soon! 
Sorry, I blame my mother in law. She's here for the holiday. There's been a lot less catching up at home than I thought, and a lot more driving aimlessly "sightseeing" than I thought there would be. At present, three days more, and another day is scheduled for tomorrow.

Regarding the godbeasts, I was thinking about possibily returning to my original idea for TASOE (a god that's a dimension). The beasties aren't dead, but rather eventually get expelled from the world and form the "body" of that dimension. The heart can be largely ignored (I liked the idea of the artificat, but how things have turned out are more interesting, and it was also meant to be at the "heart" of a story arc for a player no longer active).

I would like to see the conflict between Azgo and the firsts get a little bit of resolution. As it is, Azgo's been "defeated" for a while, but needs to have a come back.

As for Ita-Rek, that would be a fascinating connection.

Anywho, I'll try to post more thoroughly (and actually in the IC tread) as soon as I can. Hopefully tomorrow at lunch.
Just drive on up here, we'll introduce our mothers-in-law and they'll spend time bragging about their children and we can sneak off to do 'important' things

I'M BACK!!!!

I'M BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN!!

(Rockout session)

And i cast Level 29 Daily "Ressurect Interest"!

He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. -Revelation 21:6

Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee.-John Donne, Meditation XVII

My photo was found here.

Excellent.

Unfortunately, my boss decided on monday that I needed to write a paper for him by... tomorrow, so my time has been completely taken from me.  I'll try and get something short up later today, but probably no major posts for me until saturday or sunday. 
It seems a few of us have a resist 15 to the Enthusiastic damage type.

My photo was found here.

I'm still waiting for Toph to post the follow-up to the Dwarves me mentioned working on this past monday...
Raven, good to see you!

Or your type font.

While you are here, what is the satus of your... following? Do you have one? WHat are they like, and how do the majority of people know/worship Sa?

I would like to know before implimenting some ideas with offical gods of High Ithol.

My photo was found here.

Raven, good to see you!

Or your type font.

While you are here, what is the satus of your... following? Do you have one? WHat are they like, and how do the majority of people know/worship Sa?

I would like to know before implimenting some ideas with offical gods of High Ithol.

Hehe, I've been stopping by every day. (Just not posting, obviously)

Mortals don't worship Sa directly, and, I believe, the only mortals who even know of Sa are the Skyfolk above the crown. I think that some would worship "the source of magic", but they'd not know if that was a god, some manifestation of fantasy physics, or as part of erroneously worshipping some other god ("Thank Azgo for our ability to cast arcane spells!" ).

On the other hand, Sa's not really tried to hide its presence, either. I'm imagining a folksy sort of "pagan" god, who's known about, but not actively worshipped.
Oh, it'll be good... I just need to get the time to write it. :D

In other news, where in the world has Thought gone?  I think we're all waiting for him to post for his characters... 
You are? Shoot. For some reason, I thought I was waiting on you. I'll definitely have something up tomorrow.
Perhaps there is a connection between a lack of posting and people waiting for each other with little to communication on what to post.

We should work on that.

In other news, does anyone want to talk about Timmy? Where to go, what to do and all that jazz? Anyone have anything in particular they would like to see happen?

My photo was found here.

There.  Finally.

Forgotten, I've moved the dwarves along.  We can still go with our original plan if we collapse the tunnel :D

I do want Timmy to request the aid of the Agni'Vohda at some point... I have some stuff I want to write for them still to set up how they work more fully.

Also, Forgotten.  Those western continents... I've put a beast and a biome on them... can I put a sentient race?  Don't want to trample on your plans too much.

Please do.

As for the dwarves... why not?

My photo was found here.

Okay.  I have two in mind that I'll put there in the next two weeks.  One doesn't speak Common (but their language has already been spoken!)

If you're willing to share, what are your overall plans for that part of the world?  Want some help? 
Huh, as far as I can tell, it's just you, Topheh, who is waiting on a response from me (artun to agni). Anyone else?
I'll tell you my plans tomorrow. Late night at the moment. And... YES. I would LOVE some help with shaping the western continent.

@Pen: Was that enough disillusionment?

And Are you still hanging around here, James? Just want to know if you are here.

My photo was found here.

Excellent!  I'll get right on that.
Alright, Plans...

Its fairly simple overall. My main focus is on two things: creating a slightly more ordered/safe area than the ravages of the the Eastern continent, and building multiple kingdoms. That's not to say that i want a West=Peace, East=War dicotomy, just a little more balance. I am also planning on opening up a relationship between East and West given that the majority of the East have no idea there is a West...

Another fun idea is if a dragon race was native to the West, as opposed to the others.

The main problem I am having is that embellishing a continent by myself, especially when i have many evil plans I wish to carry forward, is quite expensive.

And you're right, the continents need a name.

My photo was found here.

I propose Westeros and Easteros.

No, I'm not drawing either of those names from anything, really.  Why do you ask? 
Why do you ask? 

I didn't ask anything... intentionaly. I thought you said earlier that the continents needed names. If you did, i agree. If you didn't, then I think they do anyway. Mainly because i am getting very tired of writing East continent and West continent over and over. Seems unnatural that they wouldn't have named it by now.

Or perhaps it doesn't, if nobody else is bothered by it.

My photo was found here.

Now I have a question, Thought don't you need the owners persmission before you can modify a greater plane?

Also, just cause I haven't posted, doesn't mean I'm not paying attention. I'm keeping an eye on things from afar....

show

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isred.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/6.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/24.jpg)

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.

Why do you ask? 

I didn't ask anything... intentionaly. I thought you said earlier that the continents needed names. If you did, i agree. If you didn't, then I think they do anyway. Mainly because i am getting very tired of writing East continent and West continent over and over. Seems unnatural that they wouldn't have named it by now.

Or perhaps it doesn't, if nobody else is bothered by it.

Err... sorry.  Wasn't asking why *you* were asking about names, I was trying to poke fun at my own suggestion of 'Westeros' as the name of a continent, when that is the name of a continent in one currently highly popular book and TV series...

I do think they need names. 
Joran, no, you don't. I'll explain why, in a moment, but rules aside, if you'd rather I change the action, please do feel free to say so. I'd be absolutely thrilled to work with you to develop something more interesting.

Anywho, traditionally, demi-planes were the ones that were under the sole ownership of the god that created them (and so yes, one needed permission to meddle with those), while greater planes were the ones that devolved to public control after a week or two of exclusive control (and so, no, one did not need permission to meddle with those). I checked through the rules to see if that had changed for this iteration, but there was nothing along those lines, either way.

I'm quite glad that you're still watching. Post! We miss the dear old god of death.

EDIT: Forgotten, Topheh, given that only worshippers of Azgo are on the western continent, it seems only proper that they get to name it (and you've been quite good with the naming, Forgotten, so I'm sure you'll come up with something awesome). I have no ideas about the eastern continent, alas. Perhaps "Susan"? That's always a LoC fave.

Err... sorry.  Wasn't asking why *you* were asking about names, I was trying to poke fun at my own suggestion of 'Westeros' as the name of a continent, when that is the name of a continent in one currently highly popular book and TV series...

I do think they need names. 

Ah, then I am the one who should apologize...

I apologize. I seem to suffer a large penalty to Insight when on the internet, and a low wisdom score isn't helping much either. Looking back on your post, it makes much more sense now.

My photo was found here.

And yeah, Thought is right.  Minor planes are player-owned, but major ones are... modifiable.  Which, of course, means you can modify it right back.   
Hey guys! Sorry I basically dropped off the map like that. This has been a pretty crazy semester for me for a lot of reasons, but now school is done and I suddenly have lots of free time on my hands. And what is LoC if not a free-time-filler? My god was originally going to be a good counter-part to Thought's god, and I wouldn't want to start anything new so close to the end of the game. So I guess if anyone has anything they want to tie up or get done before the end, I can play the nice guy who helps you complete your goals, rather than the bad guy who messes them up. :D
Thought, if you're still around, might you delete the bit about the Azure Dragons felling the Behemoth? I've a longer post in progress to tie up that loose end.

(And while we're at it, I'd like to make Gold dragons from the "death" of Artun's beauty.

And then have the Gold and White Dragons maim the Zizu... )
Most certainly, Raven, consider it done!

I had thought you were done, there, so I had just wanted to make it clear that your beasties were victorious.

Ara, all things considered, your children (aka, the suns) have been much abused, in no small part by TASOE. Seems like a good time for Good to make a comeback.
I like Gold Dragons.

If we still want dragonborn, I have an idea for that.  We still want dragonborn from the last orb, yes?

Oh, and a thought for the endgame.  I can't remember another game where the gods have been *quite* so asinine to the mortals.  What if the mortals banish us? 
Well Ara, if you are looking for something to do or some one to play, I do have this exarch of order over here that could use a bit of screen time......

And Thought I was just making sure. I've been clueless to what to do since I've nearly destroyed the world once indirectly..... I figured the world could have used a reprieve from constant death, but then again it wouldn't be a LoC otherwise now would it! This has given me some ideas, that I'm mulling over. Maybe we aren't at an end game just yet!

Also Toph, this would be an awesome tie-in to your earlier suggestion how it ends. If I remember correctly new gods arose on that new plane oh so long ago, and this could be the precurser to just that!

show

IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isred.jpg)Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/6.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/24.jpg)

I am Red/Black
I am Red/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.