4e Bladesinger Rework

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Me and my play group havent been a big fan of the essentials classes, to simplified for our tastes. we like the idea behind some of the classes though so i decided to try and rework the essential classes to be in line with the non-essential classes.

what i have right now is a very basic rules set for a level 1 bladesinger.

My goals with this rework
1) Bring the bladesinger's mechanics and power level in line with the non-essential classes.
2) Allow the bladesinger to cast without having to make a melee attack.
3) Preserve the interesting attack + casting mechanic the the essential class explores.

Concerns
1) all strikers get a bonus damage effect. not sure if getting a weapon damage die is balanced though.
2) may have too much control for a controller secondary.
3) powers are rather bland and generic atm.

you can get a simple html document outlining the rules for the bladesinger rework below.
www.mediafire.com/view/?prctx8ejuv9tinp
Pick up a copy of the Forgotten Realms Player's Guide.  It's called "swordmage."
Unfortunately the document is pretty unreadable in its current form. Please rework it if you want any specific feedback.

What I can glean from your post is that you want to make the Bladesinger a striker first, controller second? If so, the class needs a way to do some form of multi-attacking like other strikers. This can be achieved through minor action attacks, multi-attack powers, or triggered attacks.
Unfortunately the document is pretty unreadable in its current form. Please rework it if you want any specific feedback.

What I can glean from your post is that you want to make the Bladesinger a striker first, controller second? If so, the class needs a way to do some form of multi-attacking like other strikers. This can be achieved through minor action attacks, multi-attack powers, or triggered attacks.

ah thats because mediafire is opening it up as a text document if you save the HTML document to your computer and then open it whatever browser you use will open it properly. i use the 4e power toolkit to make everything and it exports into a spiffy looking format using this method.
Sign In to post comments