H1: Shadowfell Keep. Why so hard to find?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
I've been looking round near enough all over for a copy of the Keep on the Shadowfell book so I can run it after I eventually get a group to play my red box Twisting Halls adventure. The problem is I can only find this book as a pdf and where I need maps, the print outs are just too small. Why is this so hard to find when H2 & 3 are easy to get a hold of?
I imagine it sold out because it was the first published 4E adventure.

And, of course, it was absolute crap so there would have been no demand for a reprint.
Cheers Imruphel aka Scrivener of Doom
Yeah, I highly recommend the Reavers of Harkenwold adventure in the DM;s kit.

If you do want to adventure off the .pdf, which I'm doing with my seventh grade class, using maps from the map sets or dungeon tiles easily enough. 
  Another option is HS1: The Slaying Stone.

Both HS1 and Reavers are far better written adventures than KotS. (This isn't entirely t he fault of KotS's authors - the whole thing suffered heavily from edition-change hangover.)
I've been looking round near enough all over for a copy of the Keep on the Shadowfell book so I can run it after I eventually get a group to play my red box Twisting Halls adventure. The problem is I can only find this book as a pdf and where I need maps, the print outs are just too small. Why is this so hard to find when H2 & 3 are easy to get a hold of?

Personally I thought H1 was excellent.

If you want pretty maps I suggest you try the Cartographers Guild.  Lots of people have done versions, there are some quite nice ones out there.
www.cartographersguild.com/ 
I'm with The_Jagged on this. I really enjoyed playing through it with my son. OK, it's not the best module I ever played, but it works well as an introduction to 4E in my opinion.
It's a very basic module, but like most of introductory 4e stuff, is combat-centric and the last fight is plain boring. Reavers of Harkenwold -and the DM's Kit itself- is a great module. Give it a shot. Although keep in mind it is designed for 2nd level characters, so playing The Slaying Stone first would be wise.