Session 1 Field Report

3 posts / 0 new
Last post

Field report for D&D Encounters: Storm Over Neverwinter (Week 1) now available at Dungeon's Master.com.

A good start to the new season. The PCs spent considerable time role-plying and interacting with the NPCs at the Moonstone Mask before combat broke out. No deaths in week 1, but a few players expended a lot of resources. It will be interesting to see if all the PCs make it through four encounters before they get their only extended rest.

We discuss the ups and downs, what worked and what didn’t in this week’s Recounting Encounters Podcast (also available through iTunes).

Visit the Dungeon’s Master D&D Encounters Archive for all of our ongoing weekly coverage as well as actual play podcasts and pre-generated characters.

Visit Dungeon's Master.com – The D&D Resource Blog For DMs and Players.
http://dungeonsmaster.com
Follow me on Twitter @ameron_dm

My group had a good time at the first session. Because I'd run a Neverwinter mini-campaign before using the Neverwinter Campaign Guide, I knew quite a bit of background and was able to describe a bit more about the city and the Cataclysm to the players.

I liked the way the NPCs in the Moonstone Mask were detailed, with their appearance and agendas.

One of the group asked about Asmodeus and where he lives etc... I would have liked a bit of info to read to them about him. I told them what I could remember, but a little call out in the text would have been useful.

vobeskhan.wordpress.com/2013/04/19/dd-en...

Had the usual 2 groups back to back this evening and for a change no running over time between.

My halfling bard's "mood-music" caused equal amounts of annoyance and amusement so I'm happy with that. Other than him and Lady Nidris, the other NPC's were just brief dressing and most of my players pretty much ignored them - except the elven hunter in the late group who happily sat next to Myrin and Kalen while Myrin gibbered like a little kid excited to be in the big city until Kalen downed his drink with a scowl at the the hunter and said "One drink you said, we're done. Time to go" before bustling the pair out of the door.

I didnt find the bad guys defenses to be an issue (as raised on one of these forums) especially once the garotter had a victim in hand. Combined with a well timed use of the Brimstone Cloud made him really quite resiliant.

"Well that encounter was easy....er, guys, why is the DM grinning?" (party members last words)

It's not a party till the screaming starts!

Follow me on Twitter @Vobeskhan or check out my blog http://vobeskhan.wordpress.com/

Sign In to post comments