Help making a tiny race, The Skitterfolk

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm creating my own setting for hopefully a campaign, at the local hobby shop. It's a densely forested area with coastal and mountanous regions. A part of the story is combatting a plague, and portals from the shadowfell opening up around the continent. I wanted to make a race similar to pixies as in that they are tiny, but they have strong ties to the shadowfell and are rat-like. They have humanoid features like face and hands, but have a coat of fur covering their backs, sides, and lower body. They have rat like feet and a short rat tail, with two whislers on both sides of their face. I call them skitterfolk, but the name is a working name. As a race, they are stereotyped as cowardly and sneaky. They live on the fringes of society, and are usually mistrusted by other races.

Skitterfolk
Cunning dastards who know all means of getting in or out of trouble.
RACIAL TRAITS
Average Height: 1’ 5” – 2’ 6”
Average Weight: 13-23 lb.
Ability Scores: +2 Dexterity +2 Intelligence or Constitution
Size: Tiny
Speed: 4 squares
Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common, Doublespeak(only in campaigns that allow it) Doublespeak is common but with the meaning of words changed and used in different manners.
Skill Bonuses: +2 arcana, +2 stealth
Dual Origin: You are considered a shadow creature for the purpose of powers and effects that relate to shadow creatures. You are considered to be a magical beast for the purposes of powers and effects that relate to magical beasts.
Compressive: You take no penalties for squeezing and can squeeze through an opening that is at least 3 inches wide.
Tiny Oversized(working name): You can wield weapons as if you were one size larger. You are also considered to have a melee reach of 1 instead of 0
Squirm(working name): You gain a +1 racial bonus to reflex checks.
Scavenger: You gain a +5 bonus to saving throws against poisons or disease.

Yellow Bellied: You can use the Yellow Bellied racial power.

Yellow Bellied Skitterfolk Racial Power
As your foe unleashes a brutal attack, instincts kick in and you flee to fight another day.
Encounter
immediate Reaction Personal
Trigger: An enemy bloodies you with an attack.
Effect: You shift half your speed.

"Tiny Oversized" is identical to the pixie's Wee Warrior feature.

"Squirm" should be dropped.

That is all. 
Sign In to post comments