+
Maximize spell
+
Energy Admixture
+
Failed save
=
216 damage
Asmodeus has 250 hp and he is the most powerfull monster from the bestiary.

And that is what happened last Saturday
He would get 4 saves with advantage (Dex DC 19 (10 +5 Int + 4 Spellpower)).  Asmodoeus needs a 14 to save on each. It's wild to think he rolled 8 times and got nothing over a 14.

This spells description needs fleshing out. It doesn't say that mutiple hits stacks, as it does with Scortching Ray. I also am leery about blugeoning, piercing and slashing damage. If a creature is resistant to weapons, why wouldn't they be resistant to those types of damage? (I am not faulting your interpretation, I just think it needs to be clearer). 

My belief, tho it does not say it, is that they do not stack. If you look at a level 8 spell, Sunburst, which only does 12d6 damage, its hard to imagine that in one spell level higher they allow a 48d6 damaging spell.

My guess is the range and the fact that is can effect 4 times as much space make it a level 9 spell. The damage is consistant with the level 8 spell, suggesting they do not stack. That, however, is my opinion and not clear in the rules.
He would get 4 saves with advantage (Dex DC 19 (10 +5 Int + 4 Spellpower)).  Asmodoeus needs a 14 to save on each. It's wild to think he rolled 8 times and got nothing over a 14.

This spells description needs fleshing out. It doesn't say that mutiple hits stacks, as it does with Scortching Ray. I also am leery about blugeoning, piercing and slashing damage. If a creature is resistant to weapons, why wouldn't they be resistant to those types of damage? (I am not faulting your interpretation, I just think it needs to be clearer). 

My belief, tho it does not say it, is that they do not stack. If you look at a level 8 spell, Sunburst, which only does 12d6 damage, its hard to imagine that in one spell level higher they allow a 48d6 damaging spell.

My guess is the range and the fact that is can effect 4 times as much space make it a level 9 spell. The damage is consistant with the level 8 spell, suggesting they do not stack. That, however, is my opinion and not clear in the rules.

The save was 21 because a magic item. And yes, Asmodeus failed all XD.

It doesn't say that mutiple hits stacks, but it doesn't say the opposite. Yes, the spell has not a good description.

If a creature is resistant to weapons, why wouldn't they be resistant to those types of damage? The treat said it clearly: "Resistances:    Asmodeus    is    resistant    to    cold    and    damage    from    all    weapons    except    those    made    of    silver." I didn's say anything about blugeoning...

I agree,  but for many times that i have read the rules i didn't read that the meteors doesn't stack and that is why i am posting here, because i see it too strong, and i wanted to know  if I didn't read something or the spell is just op.
I agree with all said. With the weapon damage, some weapons deal blugeoning damage. If A is resistant to blugeoning weapons, shouldn't he be resistant to blugeoning damage? I recognize that this interpretation is not correct RAW, I just don't understand the logic.

For area stacking, the only interpretation I would see is under Combining Magic Effects, it states that multiple effects from the same spell (higher or lower level as well) do not stack. I would suggest the damage would be the same unless the spell description specifically says it stacks, such as with Scorching Ray. I recognize that the Combining Magic Effects talks about bonus and penalties, however that combined with Scorching Ray specifically stating it stacks, I would say it's required to say it stacks in order to do so.
I agree that the Meteor Swarm spell damage is obviously not meant to stack. There is still a great benefit to putting them all on top of each other, though; you have four chances to deal full damage to someone. Those pesky Rogues with Evasion, for example, are much easier to handle when you can use one spell to provoke four saves from them, even if you only deal damage once.
I agree with all said. With the weapon damage, some weapons deal blugeoning damage. If A is resistant to blugeoning weapons, shouldn't he be resistant to blugeoning damage? I recognize that this interpretation is not correct RAW, I just don't understand the logic.

It isn't logic yes, but the rule is clear. I think they wanted to split weapon damage and spell damage.

I agree that the Meteor Swarm spell damage is obviously not meant to stack. There is still a great benefit to putting them all on top of each other, though; you have four chances to deal full damage to someone. Those pesky Rogues with Evasion, for example, are much easier to handle when you can use one spell to provoke four saves from them, even if you only deal damage once.

What? That's absurd. 

First off, Meteor Swarm stacks by RAW at the moment (and no, the RAW on magical bonuses has nothing to do with Meteor Swarm).

Second, it's not, and will never be, the case you describe. What you are proposing is separate rolls for each attack and picking the highest one damage - nevermind it may be different to different creatures in the area due to reactions - in overall what can be described as a very non-DnD way.
216 would not be enough to kill him and if he acted next he could easily just wish the spell had targeted on top of the wizard instead which would allow him to regain all the HP he would have lost from it and potentially devestate the party.

I'm curious as to how the rest of the fight went and if he was just standing around by himself or surrounded by pit fiends. I had a party 1 shot him several years ago with a soul stealing sword. We played with the old "if you mention a demon or devil by name they have a 1% chance of hearing your conversation and teleporting to your location if they feel like it". Sure enough the party mentioned him by name, on accident, and he showed up with a group of pit fiends. His intention was not to just start a brawl but rather punish the party for their insolence via a gaes spell but the Cavalier threw caution to the wind and attacked. He won init and rolled a 20 trapping the lord of Hell's soul firmly in his sword thereby commandeering Asmodeus's Rod along with the infernal planes and the armies of Hell. This led into our involvment in the Blood Wars and we spent the next several months commanding infernal armies against the demonic hordes.