Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 3

29 posts / 0 new
Last post
Okay, some of you may know me for my The Black Hound: Baldur's Gate III thread, I've deleted that petition because I know that my ideas were only hypothetical. So I decided to start a new petition, a more less impossible petition. One for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 3. Now I know a lot of fans did not like this game because it had no connection with the previous BG Games and did not include a lot of that ruleset. But if BG: DA3 comes out after the BG: DA Compilation hopefully its story can connect to the BG Games and it will probably include more D&D Rules from the Ruleset.

www.petitionhosting.com/petitions/bgda12...
I know the dark alliance games are just hack n slashers that really don't have anything to do with D&D other than basic plot and setting etc, but i would LOVE a new one. I played both DA games with my girlfriend when they came out, and as a matter of fact am at the end of DA1 with my brother right now. The games hold up as some of the best action rpg / diablo clones ever. Especially DA1, the combat just feels great, the graphics hold up today (playing on xbox 360) and it beats the heck out of torchlight, sacred, and other recent hackers In my opinion. That's reason enough to pray for a sequel.

I'll sign the stupid petition.

By the way, is BG: DA Compilation really coming out? I havn't heard anything and I'd buy that in an instant.
I know the dark alliance games are just hack n slashers that really don't have anything to do with D&D other than basic plot and setting etc, but i would LOVE a new one. I played both DA games with my girlfriend when they came out, and as a matter of fact am at the end of DA1 with my brother right now. The games hold up as some of the best action rpg / diablo clones ever. Especially DA1, the combat just feels great, the graphics hold up today (playing on xbox 360) and it beats the heck out of torchlight, sacred, and other recent hackers In my opinion. That's reason enough to pray for a sequel.

I'll sign the stupid petition.

By the way, is BG: DA Compilation really coming out? I havn't heard anything and I'd buy that in an instant.

Chris Taylor of Interplay has said that if Atari struck a deal with them, he and the Interplay team would immediatly get started on the BG: DA Compilation. But since Atari's real stupid and way more under debt than Interplay is right now, although not as much as Interplay was, its not coming out. But if the petition succeeds up to as many signitures as we hope then the compilation would come up way quicker than the sequel.

Oh and Roz, please make your friends sign the petition as well. I know it might not do anything, Interplay is on their knees (literally) and begging to make DA3 and the DA Compilation, but Atari will not let them. One company is willing, the other company knows nothing. So we just have to make Atari aware of what is happening.

You're aware that we'll get annother "Dark Alliance" very soon?

You're also aware that the FR timeline recently did a 100 year time-jump? Even if the story of BG wasn't pretty much concluded after throne of Bhaal, almost all human characters are dead by now anyway.

You're aware that we'll get annother "Dark Alliance" very soon?

You're also aware that the FR timeline recently did a 100 year time-jump? Even if the story of BG wasn't pretty much concluded after throne of Bhaal, almost all human characters are dead by now anyway.

Daggerdale is nothing like Dark Alliance. Its basic gameplay is that of Dark Alliance, but other than that: its a completely different game.

Nobodies talking about Bhaal.

Hundred year gap. Doesn't matter, in DA2 you played as different characters and only a few three main characters returned and two had different voice actors.

Besides, for all we know: The god at the end's war that he's planning against BG could take 200 years to prepare.

EDIT:

The God was from Mulhourand and we all know how that turned out. But the god could have left Mulhourand and not known of its destruction. And just because its based off of the Fourth Edition Rules doesn't mean it has to be in the same timeline, I mean some people would just appreciate a re-release of both games.
I mean some people would just appreciate a re-release of both games.

www.amazon.com/Baldurs-Gate-4-1-Boxset-P...
I'd rather have a really good tactics style game with a neverwinter nights feel. So people could make their own expansions and stuff, and DM and stuff...
"Unite the [fan] base? Hardly. As of right now, I doubt their ability to unite a slightly unruly teabag with a cup of water."--anjelika
1-4E play style
The 4E play style is a high action cinematic style of play where characters worry less about being killed in one hit and more about strategy and what their next move is and the one after it. The players talk back and forth about planning a battle and who can do what to influence the outcome. 4E play is filled with cinematic over the top action. An Eladrin teleports out of the grip of the Ogre. The Fighter slams the dragons foot with his hammer causing it to rear up and stagger back in pain. The Cleric creates a holy zone where their allies weapons are guided to their targets and whenever an enemy dies the Clerics allies are healed. 4E is about knowing when to lauch your nova attack, whether its a huge arcane spell that causes enemies to whirl around in a chaotic storm, or if its a trained adrenaline surge that causes you to attack many many times with two weapons on a single target, or a surge of adrenaline that keeps you going though you should already be dead. Its about tactics and the inability to carry around a bag of potions or a few wands and never have to worry about healing. Its about the guy that can barely role play having the same chance to convince the king to aid the group as the guy that takes improv acting classes and regularly stars as an extra on movies.
Stormwind Fallacy
The Stormwind Fallacy, aka the Roleplayer vs Rollplayer Fallacy Just because one optimizes his characters mechanically does not mean that they cannot also roleplay, and vice versa. Corollary: Doing one in a game does not preclude, nor infringe upon, the ability to do the other in the same game. Generalization 1: One is not automatically a worse role player if he optimizes, and vice versa. Generalization 2: A non-optimized character is not automatically role played better than an optimized one, and vice versa. ...[aside]... Proof: These two elements rely on different aspects of a player's game play. Optimization factors in to how well one understands the rules and handles synergies to produce a very effective end result. Role playing deals with how well a player can act in character and behave as if he was someone else. A person can act while understanding the rules, and can build something powerful while still handling an effective character. There is nothing in the game -- mechanical or otherwise -- restricting one if you participate in the other. Claiming that an optimizer cannot role play (or is participating in a play style that isn't supportive of role playing) because he is an optimizer, or vice versa, is committing the Stormwind Fallacy.
The spells we should getLook here to Check out my adventures and ideas. I've started a blog, about video games, table top role playing games, programming, and many other things its called Kel and Lok Games. My 4E Fantasy Grounds game is currently full.
I'd rather have a really good tactics style game with a neverwinter nights feel. So people could make their own expansions and stuff, and DM and stuff...

I agree completely.

Ugh hated NWN. It is the reason I didn't buy any bioware games for close to a decade. I just stopped caring about what was happening in the game during chapter....3? Whichever one it was that you fight Yuan-ti(or some other form of snakemen) as part of some sidequest. Personally I prefer BG style modding etc for player created content.
I mean some people would just appreciate a re-release of both games.

www.amazon.com/Baldurs-Gate-4-1-Boxset-P...

I'm not talking about Baldur's Gate this time...

I'm talking about Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance and Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II.

Not Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate: Shadows of Amn with Baldur's Gate: Throne of Bhaal.

Ugh hated NWN. It is the reason I didn't buy any bioware games for close to a decade. I just stopped caring about what was happening in the game during chapter....3? Whichever one it was that you fight Yuan-ti(or some other form of snakemen) as part of some sidequest. Personally I prefer BG style modding etc for player created content.

I was more talking about the 3D than the playstyle.

Truly I'd want the D&D:Tactics style turn base action with the PC baldur's gate / Icewind Dale II NPC / story interaction. Heck since its available I'd like to throw in Kinect support as well as voice recognition (as in you actually hold conversations with NPCs), as well as adaptive NPC chat dialog (i.e. when you talk to them multiple times, they tell you the same thing using different sentence structures and words). Of course while possible technologically, its unlikely we'll see anything like this anytime soon D&D or otherwise...
"Unite the [fan] base? Hardly. As of right now, I doubt their ability to unite a slightly unruly teabag with a cup of water."--anjelika
1-4E play style
The 4E play style is a high action cinematic style of play where characters worry less about being killed in one hit and more about strategy and what their next move is and the one after it. The players talk back and forth about planning a battle and who can do what to influence the outcome. 4E play is filled with cinematic over the top action. An Eladrin teleports out of the grip of the Ogre. The Fighter slams the dragons foot with his hammer causing it to rear up and stagger back in pain. The Cleric creates a holy zone where their allies weapons are guided to their targets and whenever an enemy dies the Clerics allies are healed. 4E is about knowing when to lauch your nova attack, whether its a huge arcane spell that causes enemies to whirl around in a chaotic storm, or if its a trained adrenaline surge that causes you to attack many many times with two weapons on a single target, or a surge of adrenaline that keeps you going though you should already be dead. Its about tactics and the inability to carry around a bag of potions or a few wands and never have to worry about healing. Its about the guy that can barely role play having the same chance to convince the king to aid the group as the guy that takes improv acting classes and regularly stars as an extra on movies.
Stormwind Fallacy
The Stormwind Fallacy, aka the Roleplayer vs Rollplayer Fallacy Just because one optimizes his characters mechanically does not mean that they cannot also roleplay, and vice versa. Corollary: Doing one in a game does not preclude, nor infringe upon, the ability to do the other in the same game. Generalization 1: One is not automatically a worse role player if he optimizes, and vice versa. Generalization 2: A non-optimized character is not automatically role played better than an optimized one, and vice versa. ...[aside]... Proof: These two elements rely on different aspects of a player's game play. Optimization factors in to how well one understands the rules and handles synergies to produce a very effective end result. Role playing deals with how well a player can act in character and behave as if he was someone else. A person can act while understanding the rules, and can build something powerful while still handling an effective character. There is nothing in the game -- mechanical or otherwise -- restricting one if you participate in the other. Claiming that an optimizer cannot role play (or is participating in a play style that isn't supportive of role playing) because he is an optimizer, or vice versa, is committing the Stormwind Fallacy.
The spells we should getLook here to Check out my adventures and ideas. I've started a blog, about video games, table top role playing games, programming, and many other things its called Kel and Lok Games. My 4E Fantasy Grounds game is currently full.

That sounds like something I would buy... if it weren't on the XBOX! PS3 pwns @#$%!

... sorry, please fortive me moderators, I am a hardcore gamer as well as a RPG Dudge...

oh and 40 + Signatures! Just about 5960 more!

That sounds like something I would buy... if it weren't on the XBOX! PS3 pwns @#$%!

We can see that what with the PSN down from a couple hackers playing a prank or whatever...
1-4E play style
Stormwind Fallacy

We can see that what with the PSN down from a couple hackers playing a prank or whatever...

Hey... hey... hey, I'm not talking about online. Yes Xbox has better online quality, but that is only because Microsoft virtually owns the Internet. Not online quality, PS3 pwns... nuff said.

Hey... hey... hey, I'm not talking about online. Yes Xbox has better online quality, but that is only because Microsoft virtually owns the Internet. Not online quality, PS3 pwns... nuff said.

Actually not so much, they are about equal. The PS3 does some stuff better, but the Xbox 360 does other stuff better. If you tally it up they come out a draw. It really just comes down to personal preference. Of course comparing the Kincect to the lollipop thing that PS3 has is comparing apples to oranges, but the PS3 and Xbox 360 now beat the Wii hands down...
1-4E play style
Stormwind Fallacy

Actually not so much, they are about equal. The PS3 does some stuff better, but the Xbox 360 does other stuff better. If you tally it up they come out a draw. It really just comes down to personal preference. Of course comparing the Kincect to the lollipop thing that PS3 has is comparing apples to oranges, but the PS3 and Xbox 360 now beat the Wii hands down...

Unless the games you want to play are Nintendo Titles. . .
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." --Bill Cosby (1937- ) Vanador: OK. You ripped a gateway to Hell, killed half the town, and raised the dead as feral zombies. We're going to kill you. But it can go two ways. We want you to run as fast as you possibly can toward the south of the town to draw the Zombies to you, and right before they catch you, I'll put an arrow through your head to end it instantly. If you don't agree to do this, we'll tie you this building and let the Zombies rip you apart slowly. Dimitry: God I love being Neutral. 4th edition is dead, long live 4th edition. Salla: opinionated, but commonly right.
fun quotes
58419928 wrote:
You have to do the work first, and show you can do the work, before someone is going to pay you for it.
69216168 wrote:
If you can't understand how someone yelling at another person would make them fight harder and longer, then you need to look at the forums a bit closer.
quote author=56832398 post=519321747]Considering DnD is a game wouldn't all styles be gamist?[/quote]

Unless the games you want to play are Nintendo Titles. . .

Nope, cuz then I still put the disc in my computer and play it on PC. The Wii sucks all around...
1-4E play style
Stormwind Fallacy
Wii doesn't suck all around, only one way round... WWE games are fun on it, same with the Conduit games... only one way round folks, not all the way round.

Plus I think I have figured out the basic premise of BG: DA3:

The Pharoah God-King marches his army from Mulhorand, word reaches the Zhentarim and the Harpers. The player chooses to play as one of eight characters from the previous games and something involving the Onyx Tower happens and a big Zhentarim Harper fight happens over the Tower. This is not a theory, I'm using the hints given to me from BG: DAII.
Wii doesn't suck all around, only one way round... WWE games are fun on it, same with the Conduit games... only one way round folks, not all the way round.

The Pharoah God-King marches his army from Mulhorand, word reaches the Zhentarim and the Harpers. The player chooses to play as one of eight characters from the previous games and something involving the Onyx Tower happens and a big Zhentarim Harper fight happens over the Tower. This is not a theory, I'm using the hints given to me from BG: DAII.

Or they choose somewhere other than FR to place the game, say Darksun, Neverwinter (its a campaign setting now), Ebberon, or whatever. They'd probably drop the BG part and call it "Dark Alliance: Wrath of the phantom Dragon god" or "Dark Alliance: {whatever Ebberon is about}"...
1-4E play style
Stormwind Fallacy

Or they choose somewhere other than FR to place the game, say Darksun, Neverwinter (its a campaign setting now), Ebberon, or whatever. They'd probably drop the BG part and call it "Dark Alliance: Wrath of the phantom Dragon god" or "Dark Alliance: {whatever Ebberon is about}"...

Neverwinter would make sense, Toril, but Ebboron... really?

No they could not drop the BG Part because the Pharoah God-King said it was his sacred mission to destroy Baldur's Gate and he was using the Onyx Tower to do so. The Zhentarim Harper conflict, Karne planned to steal the Onyx Heart from Mordoc before he ran away like a baby and was not able to stop the Harper's from sealing and destroying the Onyx Tower. It will likely have something to do with the OT because they never destroyed the Shadow Gates... I think.

No they could not drop the BG Part because the Pharoah God-King said it was his sacred mission to destroy Baldur's Gate and he was using the Onyx Tower to do so. The Zhentarim Harper conflict, Karne planned to steal the Onyx Heart from Mordoc before he ran away like a baby and was not able to stop the Harper's from sealing and destroying the Onyx Tower. It will likely have something to do with the OT because they never destroyed the Shadow Gates... I think.

Your assumming they want to follow the same storyline...
1-4E play style
Stormwind Fallacy

Your assumming they want to follow the same storyline...

Why wouldn't they, its the story and gameplay that made people want a sequel and since the gameplay of Daggerdale seems more akin to Demon Stone, the only way to go is follow the same storyline. Just because its based off of fourth edition rules doesn't mean it has to follow the fourth edition timeline I mean this game could explain one of the reasons as to why Mulhorand fell during the Spellplague. I mean look at Icewind Dale it took like 100 years before the 2nd edition timeline.

Plus the story left on a cliffhanger, it was never resolved like in Baldur's Gate or BioShock so there would be a flaw in making a sequel in terms of gameplay and not story.
Bump!

Over 80 Signatures and rising!

I have figured out the Plot for Baldur's Gate III: The Black Hound and Dark Alliance III

TBH: You arrive in the Dalelands from your hometown of Baldur's Gate. You are simply passing through when a rainstorm happens. You camp in a dilapidated building which is then overrun by a Mad Cleric named May Farrow and her followers, they are chasing a Black Hound that she kills. It dies on your lap. Just as she is about to kill you, accusing you of being in league with the dog, the Riders of Archendale arrive, kill her followers but she escapes. You are advised to staye in Archendale, Battledale and Deepingdale as the magistrates may have questions for you. You then discover that the Black Hound's ghost is appearing everywhere to you and a lot of factions are becoming interested in you. Depending on which faction you ally with, there are different ways of getting Farrow who reveals to you that the Hound in its entirity, alive or dead, is simply a reminder of the actions of the game's main antagonist, somebody's whose essence she was trying to destroy, and now it has become bound to the player and is a reminder of his actions. The player then goes on to confront the main antagonist and fight him/her (I don't know) and depending on the actions of the player, different endings occur. The actions made in this game affect the whole story of the sequel. Like Mass Effect.

DA3 (This is if it will take place in 4E Timeline): Strange appearings happen around Baldur's Gate and the player goes into a coma while going on a quest for the Grand Dukes. The player, along with his companions, awakens 1479 only to realize that the Mulhourandi Priests he was after (the ones who sent him and his/her friends into a coma) have dissapeared with the dissapearance of the Pantheon. Then strange things begin to happen involving the Onyx Tower and boom, the mortal enemey of the Mulhourandi Pantheon comes, takes control of the Tower and becomes the Tower and takes over the city of Baldur's Gate. The player is then forced to choose who he wants to work for Harpers, Zhentarim or the Pharoah King-God and depending on his actions different endings happen. Harpers: - The Pharoah King-God was destroyed but the Tower still stands and people fear to go near it, rumors of a new threat from it have emerged. Zhentarim: - The Zhentarim used the Tower to return to their former glory and suceeded in the takeover of the Western Heartlands. Pharoah King-God: - With the reason of why he wants to destroy Badlur's Gate done, the King-God comes to peace with himself for some reason.
where do i sign the petition??

Where so I sign the petition? This game was my childhood, I was crushed when the third one did not ever come out! I will do anything I can to help, just let me know 
Or if they came out with one under a diffrent name, please let me know.
Bump!

Over 80 Signatures and rising!

I have figured out the Plot for Baldur's Gate III: The Black Hound and Dark Alliance III

TBH: You arrive in the Dalelands from your hometown of Baldur's Gate. You are simply passing through when a rainstorm happens. You camp in a dilapidated building which is then overrun by a Mad Cleric named May Farrow and her followers, they are chasing a Black Hound that she kills. It dies on your lap. Just as she is about to kill you, accusing you of being in league with the dog, the Riders of Archendale arrive, kill her followers but she escapes. You are advised to staye in Archendale, Battledale and Deepingdale as the magistrates may have questions for you. You then discover that the Black Hound's ghost is appearing everywhere to you and a lot of factions are becoming interested in you. Depending on which faction you ally with, there are different ways of getting Farrow who reveals to you that the Hound in its entirity, alive or dead, is simply a reminder of the actions of the game's main antagonist, somebody's whose essence she was trying to destroy, and now it has become bound to the player and is a reminder of his actions. The player then goes on to confront the main antagonist and fight him/her (I don't know) and depending on the actions of the player, different endings occur. The actions made in this game affect the whole story of the sequel. Like Mass Effect.

DA3 (This is if it will take place in 4E Timeline): Strange appearings happen around Baldur's Gate and the player goes into a coma while going on a quest for the Grand Dukes. The player, along with his companions, awakens 1479 only to realize that the Mulhourandi Priests he was after (the ones who sent him and his/her friends into a coma) have dissapeared with the dissapearance of the Pantheon. Then strange things begin to happen involving the Onyx Tower and boom, the mortal enemey of the Mulhourandi Pantheon comes, takes control of the Tower and becomes the Tower and takes over the city of Baldur's Gate. The player is then forced to choose who he wants to work for Harpers, Zhentarim or the Pharoah King-God and depending on his actions different endings happen. Harpers: - The Pharoah King-God was destroyed but the Tower still stands and people fear to go near it, rumors of a new threat from it have emerged. Zhentarim: - The Zhentarim used the Tower to return to their former glory and suceeded in the takeover of the Western Heartlands. Pharoah King-God: - With the reason of why he wants to destroy Badlur's Gate done, the King-God comes to peace with himself for some reason.

You are the guy with the petition? 

hey im also trying to get folks to ask for a Dark lliance 1 & 2 compilation! where do i sign?!

http://www.thegameeffect.com/news/interplay-revives-black-isle-studios

For people, who like this simple yet still entertaining genre:

http://www.ign.com/games/sacred-3/ps3-139317

And for people, who like it really old school:

https://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4news/20130322

http://www.atlus.com/dragonscrown/