D&D Encounters: Storm Over Neverwinter (season 13) – Preview

6 posts / 0 new
Last post

D&D Encounters: Storm Over Neverwinter (season 13) begins April 10. It can be played as D&D 4e or D&D Next. It’s an 8-week adventure and it returns to traditional linear storytelling.

This is a sequel to Lost Crown of Neverwinter. In fact players are encouraged to bring back their PCs from season 6. Any character that completed LCoN should be level 4 and can begin this season at level 4. New characters start at level 3. Character start at level 3 and advance to level 6 by the end of the eight weeks. It says levels 4-6 on the cover – that’s wrong.

The season is broken down into two chapters so there is only opportunity for an extended rest between weeks 4 and 5. However, characters will level more quickly.

Participants get a free d20 and a code that will give them a free magic item for the Neverwinter MMORPG; two good reasons for new players to come out and try D&D Encounters.

Check out the full preview at Dungeon’s Master.

Visit Dungeon's Master.com – The D&D Resource Blog For DMs and Players.
http://dungeonsmaster.com
Follow me on Twitter @ameron_dm

If folks want to discuss the upcoming season and any other season they can join us at the Encounters forums.

community.wizards.com/dungeonsanddragons...

@feetz_grande on Twitter

If folks want to discuss the upcoming season and any other season they can join us at the Encounters forums.

community.wizards.com/dungeonsanddragons...

Does anyone know what, if anything, will replace the lair assaults?

These modules were a great enticement to keep running Encounters.

there doesn't really appear to be any reason to continue running the weekly sessions now.

I am wondering if I am about to get a night back each week? 5th edition will take about a year after release to really start getting fleshed out. Perhaps I will just step aside from encounters anter neverwinter until 5th is released and enough of a world is also published to actually run something coherent.

There is nothing to replace Lair Assault. They said they're considering organized play options for the future.

These modules were a great enticement to keep running Encounters.

there doesn't really appear to be any reason to continue running the weekly sessions now

I'm not sure I follow. I don't see how Lair Assault was an enticement to run Encounters. They are two separate programs. Encounters still has plenty of life in it. I for one will continue running/playing for a long time.

@feetz_grande on Twitter

I reassess my commitment to encounters each season. It's a combination of the available material from WOTc. For the last year that has been the encounters pack and the lair assault pack. Together the two packs have made the choice an easy one (although I almost dropped out after reading the crystal cave fiasco). 

Now my involvement will totally rely on the  strength of the encounters pack. Neverwinter 2 is pretty good  and unique with increased levels and a return to  a previous location an so i will run for that 8 week block and review upon receipt of the summer package.

Per WotC: "we're going to try out something new this year, using the D&D Lair Assault experience as well as some past convention events* as inspiration for our first multi-table cooperative D&D Game Day, taking place on June 15th this year! It's called Vault of the Dracolich, and if you love D&D Lair Assault or taking part in larger-scale events where you can affect changes in real time, you're going to love it."

* Refers to LFR "Battle Interactive" convention events.

Per a Greg Bilsland tweet: "The map that (Mike) Schley created for Vault of the Dracolich, this June's D&D game day, is amazing. Participants are in for a real treat."
Sign In to post comments