Not sure what Class to make. Advice please.

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
I can't seem to figure out what class I want to be. Basically I'm going to describe what I'd like to do as a player and hopefully, everyone could chime in some advice on what classes I would enjoy or would fit that roll.

What I think I want:

1. A class that can offer support in either healing or shielding or grants auras that give + ac or -atk.
2. Be able to do decent DPS nothing great but good dps would be nice.
3. A class that is somewhat "tanky" I don't like being very "squishy".
4. This last thing isn't really a make a break but if the class could do Multiple attacks per round that would be nice as well.
  Summary: A Defender with support skills heals/auras/shields etc.. but who still has Good Dps. Being able to do multiple attacks per round would be a bonus.

I'm open to hybrids as well. Here is a list of what I've been looking into just to offer an idea of what i was looking at.

Swordmage/Warlord, Swordmage/Bladesinger, Swordmage/Bard, Swordmage/Paladin, Paladin/Bard, Paladin/warlord.
Non hybrids: Paladin, Swordmage.
Ranger|Cleric sounds like a great fit.

1. You have one baseline Healing Word every encounter, and you can pick more healing/support spells with your utility powers.
2. You do great damage.
3. You have the same AC as a fighter, and decent hit points.
4. You can make at least two attacks every round.

Shielding Swordmage has everything you're looking for really. It's tough with good protection abilities, good damage, and the Swordmage class offers many OOT attacks as you gain levels.

Happy Gaming

Not really an optimal class, but I think the Sentinel Druid meets your needs.  The Animal Companion will give you the aura, your encounter power is a multiple attack - once from you, once from your companion, and you have the healing word power.  They use CON rather than INT/DEX for AC, so build CON primary and you get a load of HP and surges plus a better AC - 18 or 19 at level one in hide with small shield.  

So the summer druid gets a bear companion whose aura give a bonus to AC, but if you go with a spring druid you get a wolf whose aura makes enemies grant combat advantage.  This mean your party hits more and battles go quicker.  And if there is a rogue in your party you make life really easy for him/her.

TjD

Paladin or Shielding Swordmage; done.
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
It sounds like a strength-based Paladin might be the ticket. You can even multiclass into Ranger to grab a power or two that would let you multiattack.
Cleric | Ranger hybrid.  Battle Clerics Lore for defender level defenses while wearing scale armor.  

From the Cleric you can heal, grant saves, give bonuses to accuracy, debuff monsters, buff allies, self buff and do decent AOE damage or AOE control.  Not to mention paragon paths like Flame of Hope that give auras like you want.

From the Ranger you can multi attack at-will, grab minor action attacks, mobility, high damage ouput, action economy and paragon paths to add more damage or survivability.

1. A class that can offer support in either healing or shielding or grants auras that give + ac or -atk.  (Yes to healing, shielding, and has powers to grant +AC, -ATK, -DEF, etc).  Can get a permanent aura via paragon path.
2. Be able to do decent DPS nothing great but good dps would be nice.  (check)
3. A class that is somewhat "tanky" I don't like being very "squishy".  (check, defender level defenses, decent HP, powers to buff yourself, immediate powers to avoid damage, etc)
4. This last thing isn't really a make a break but if the class could do Multiple attacks per round that would be nice as well.  (check.  Using the ranger at-will Twin strike allows for at least 2 attacks per round from level 1.  If you grab the theme Sohei you can do 3 attacks for a round from level 1.  From there you can grab more multi attack powers and minor action attacks.  An example would be doing something like twin strike, minor action attack, minor action attack as an encounter nova.  Before you do it you could self buff using the power weapon of the gods to add more damage to your attacks.  You can also grab immediate action attacks to help you.)

Enjoy.
"Non nobis Domine Sed nomini tuo da gloriam" "I wish for death not because I want to die, but because I seek the war eternal"

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg)

Sign In to post comments