Murder in Baldur's Gate (Sundering I)

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
I assume this adventure will be 4th Edition? Or will it include a preview of Next?

Also, do we really need a cataclysmic event in the Realms to usher in each new edition? 2E to 3E worked just fine without having to blow up the world or jump forward 100 years.

Also, if this is accurate, are we looking at the Spellplague being "fixed" (i.e. SHH IT NEVER HAPPENED)?

Any other thoughts?

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/7.jpg)

In the article below it was confirmed that the Sundering adventures won't be D&D Next but platform agnostic (with add ons possibly):

New D&D Adventures

Sundering authors R.A. Salvatore and Ed Greenwood are also collaborating with D&D’s designers on new game content. They’re each providing the story and helping write a new playable adventure that will be released in 2013, allowing D&D players to be heroes of their own Sundering adventures.

Since the D&D game is in between editions, these new modules will strive to be “platform agnostic.” The idea, says Mearls, is that both books will focus on providing story, color and characters, so they that can used by players using any version of the game. Edition specific details –like statistics for monsters– will be available separately, perhaps as a free download."
"Platform Agnostic"? So the adventure will not have knowledge of a platform? Hehe....

It would be nice if they did provide specific edition statistics as a download or something of the sort. It makes me wonder about the "official" release of DnDNext, though. Given that GenCon is the "main event" for WotC/D&D, it would make sense to have an official announcement and release at GenCon. But if I recall correctly, this adventure is being released in August. And so that puts it as a release AT GenCon. So will DnDNext be "official" this August at GenCon? Or will it be a later date.

What it really boils down to (for me, at least) is my DDI subscription. I do not intend on starting to play DnDNext. I thoroughly enjoy 4E and will continue to play it. The reason I keep my DDI subscription is for the online tools (Character Builder, Compendium, etc). If those are no longer available, I don't think my subscription will be worthwhile for me to keep. So I'm wondering about my reneweal that comes up in a month. I'm wondering if I should pay for another year or change to a shorter duration subscription time.
It would be nice if they did provide specific edition statistics as a download or something of the sort.

They will

''Edition specific details –like statistics for monsters– will be available separately, perhaps as a free download."

Sign In to post comments