Any other options I missed for a more convincing 'succubus' PC?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
The important thing here is that none of the options are homebrew.

Race: Changeling, for at-will polymorph access
Class: Wizard (Mage), Enchantment and Illusion schools.
Background: Anything with a benefit to grant a language of my choice, which is spent on/retrained into Supernal at level 2
Theme: Devil's Pawn, for lots of obvious Devil flavour, the "innate" resist fire 10 succubi are supposed to have, and a very flavourful U10.
Feat: Elan Heritage, for the Immortal origin (and as a Wizard, can't complain about an encounter power to reduce damage by my int mod)
Feat: Arcane Familiar, score myself a Hurrum to never need sleep and a bonus to my disguise.

As far as I'm aware, there's no affordable way to get at-will flight in heroic short of being a Pixie or Hengeyokai, so that'll have to be fluffed away until the level 10 theme utility; I need polymorphing more than I need early flight, considering I'll most likely be in disguise most of the time and can't really excuse flying around anyway.

Due to the wording I doubt it, but if I took Pact Initiate (infernal), could I benefit from the rider on sustaining the theme's U10, or does that only apply to actual infernal pact warlocks?

Are you aware that only those beings able to naturally speak Supernal can be understood by everyone? Picking up the language through the means available to PCs only lets you speak Supernal, it doesn't bestow the ability to be understood by anyone... Lacking the ability to communicate with everyone, it might be more thematically appropriate to take Abyssal instead.

And no, the Pact Initiate feat only gives you the at-will power from the pact and the ability to pursue paragon paths that require the Infernal pact. (The relevant language being "Choose a pact. You gain X benefits from that pact..." rather than being something along the lines of "You gain the X pact.")

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

As of Monster Manual 3, being an immortal fluent in Supernal is enough:

Supernal: An immortal creature that has the Supernal language can understand speech and writing in any language. In addition, when an immortal speaks Supernal, it can choose to speak so that any creature that understands language can understand it. A nonimmortal that has the Supernal lan­guage can read writing in Supernal and can understand an immortal speaking Supernal, regardless of whether the immortal wants to be understood.

Even if my DM vetos this use of immortal origin/Supernal for a player character, Succubi speak Supernal, so this character is going to know it.
And in any case, Elan Heritage is granting me telepathy, so it's not so far a stretch to just let me vocalize it, although it would still keep me out of written languages.
The important thing here is that none of the options are homebrew.

Race: Changeling, for at-will polymorph access
Class: Wizard (Mage), Enchantment and Illusion schools.
Background: Anything with a benefit to grant a language of my choice, which is spent on/retrained into Supernal at level 2
Theme: Devil's Pawn, for lots of obvious Devil flavour, the "innate" resist fire 10 succubi are supposed to have, and a very flavourful U10.
Feat: Elan Heritage, for the Immortal origin (and as a Wizard, can't complain about an encounter power to reduce damage by my int mod)
Feat: Disciple of Shadow, for darkvision out to 2 squares.

As far as I'm aware, there's no affordable way to get at-will flight in heroic short of being a Pixie or Hengeyokai, so that'll have to be fluffed away until the level 10 theme utility; I need polymorphing more than I need early flight, considering I'll most likely be in disguise most of the time and can't really excuse flying around anyway.

Due to the wording I doubt it, but if I took Pact Initiate (infernal), could I benefit from the rider on sustaining the theme's U10, or does that only apply to actual infernal pact warlocks?

Play it as a vampire. Blood Drain is refluffed as the kiss, the dark beckoning is an enchanting gaze already. Raw devil strength is the slam attack. etc etc...If you dm is ok with it, refluff undead into devil, and still take the regular penalties. 
background; Scholar, gives you a free language, then another one at lvl 5, and then RAI basickly every comminish language at 10
also free skill training is alaways fun. 

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/1.jpg)

Play it as a vampire. ...

I had considered that, but from prior theory-crafting attempts at making a Vampire|Anything work, I'm not too keen on trying a primary class Vampire.
Plus they don't exactly get to focus on their Int (no feats they care about, redundant with Dex main stat), which I figure devils need in spades, along with good 'ole Charisma, if they're going to trick mortals into signing into contracts they really shouldn't.
background; Scholar ...

Eh, with that I'd be stuck getting my fire resist with a feat or something, and it doesn't quite share the devil flavour of Devil's Pawn.
Tiefling Bard or Enchanter, done? Seems much easier.
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
Considered that too, but couldn't find any way to get my at-will polymorphing going on.
Even the rituals for a similar effect are only illusions, not actual transformation.
When I think succubus, I think domination. And one of the easiest ways to get an encounter dominate is to be a druid. Now, there are many druids, but I like the protector in this case. If you want to further the shape shifting theme, a wildshape works equally well.

The flavor actually fits fairly well with only slight refluffing. If you like the image of a whip-wielding succubus, you have the Thorn Whip at-will right there. Did I say Thorn Whip? I meant Diabolic Hell Whip! For the other at-will you could take Grasping Tide, which of course is spectral arms (or undead or something) coming out of the ground to hinder the enemies. Nature's Growth receives similar treatment.

Summons are easy. The Pack Wolf becomes a Hell Hound, and the Grizzly Bear becomes a... hell... bear... or something. At level 7 you of course pick up Charm Beast.

The problem is that the druid's main ability is Wisdom. Maybe you can persuade/beg/bribe your DM into letting you use Charisma instead. Dirty Trick: If they let you do that, pick Eagle's Splendor and giggle maniacally. Otherwise you can go with Camouflage Cloak to turn yourself invisible, which I could see a succubus being capable of.

Lastly, I personally wouldn't waste a feat on improving your vision. Embers of Divinity gives you slotless always-on low-light vision. It is pretty expensive, though.
Aha, found something; the Hurrum familiar.

Emulates devils not caring about sleep and gives me a boost to my disguise in active mode. (a penalty to their insight/perception, anyway)
Aha, found something; the Hurrum familiar.

Emulates devils not caring about sleep and gives me a boost to my disguise in active mode. (a penalty to their insight/perception, anyway)

You can even flavor the Hurrum as a human soul that you managed to steal from some dude that you enchanted when he was alive.
Sign In to post comments