Your Favorite Dragonlance Novel

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
What is your favorite Dragonlance novel?

Mine is Hammer and Axe by Dan Parkinnson

Great book about the founding of Thorbardin.
Dragons of Autumn Twilight by Weis and Hickman. It introduced the setting and characters that immersed me into that world. Both the Chronicles and Legends Trilogies are great reads. Outside of the "Holy Six" I can also highly recommend the "Elven Nations" trilogy.
The Legend of Huma.
Fantasy is my passion, insanity is my lifesblood. "I am a Knight of Solamnia. I am the hand of Paladine, of Kiri-Jolith, and of Habbakuk on this world. You are on Krynn. You are mine, Queen of Darkness." —Huma Dragonbane, The Legend of Huma For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother - William Shakespeare
The Legend of Huma.

I would second this. Of course, I may be biased since I wrote a good portion of the comic book adaptation. ;)

Trampas Whiteman

---DragonHelm--->

Whitestone Council

Dragonlance Nexus

Long Live the Lance!

Honestly, I love the Lord of the Rose trilogy. Despite being after the War of Souls, the rebuilding of Solamnian Empires and the invention of gunpowder makes for an exciting tale.
For me it's the first three I read that started it all.. War of the Lance trilogy.
Honestly, I love the Lord of the Rose trilogy. Despite being after the War of Souls, the rebuilding of Solamnian Empires and the invention of gunpowder makes for an exciting tale.

For me, this series missed the mark on a couple of levels. First, I believe that gunpowder belongs in once place in DL - in the hands of gnomes.

Secondly, what killed the series for me was that Niles completely omitted the structure of the three orders of the Knighthood that had been a part of the setting for many years.

Of course, I am biased.  ;)

Trampas Whiteman

---DragonHelm--->

Whitestone Council

Dragonlance Nexus

Long Live the Lance!

Favorites?

Other than the first six, I'd say Kindred Spirits.
The Doom Brigade, and Draconian Measures,

but then, I'm heavy biased.

Yes this was a good trilogy, not my favourite but highly entertaining. 

For me, this series missed the mark on a couple of levels. First, I believe that gunpowder belongs in once place in DL - in the hands of gnomes.

I don't know what series you've been reading all these "many years" because gunpowder has never been just been "in the hands of the gnomes". Undecided
Fantasy is my passion, insanity is my lifesblood. "I am a Knight of Solamnia. I am the hand of Paladine, of Kiri-Jolith, and of Habbakuk on this world. You are on Krynn. You are mine, Queen of Darkness." —Huma Dragonbane, The Legend of Huma For he today who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother - William Shakespeare

Yes this was a good trilogy, not my favourite but highly entertaining. 

I don't know what series you've been reading all these "many years" because gunpowder has never been just been "in the hands of the gnomes". 

Examples? There's Ulin, but what else?

Trampas Whiteman

---DragonHelm--->

Whitestone Council

Dragonlance Nexus

Long Live the Lance!

I don't know if I'd say this is a "favorite" but I really liked the first two books in the Lost Chronicles. Third one was just "eh".
1.  Soulforge/Brothers in Arms
2.  Doom Brigade
3.  Legend of Huma
4.  Kingpriest trilogy
5.  Weasel's Luck

Sorry,  I can't pick just one! 
Examples? There's Ulin, but what else?

Raistlin for one. Ulin says his powder is nothing more than a refined version of his Uncle's flashpowder. 
The Ergoth Trilogy... felt like the Odessey in Dragonlance form. LOVED it.
*looks as list of faves*

Uh...tooooo many :D
*looks as list of faves*

Uh...tooooo many :D

I take that back: If I had to choose, I'd choose The Soulforge
Love just about everything mentioned here.

But I also loved Villians Series.  
Love just about everything mentioned here.

But I also loved Villians Series.  

For me it's the first three I read that started it all.. War of the Lance trilogy.

Same here.
I Am A: Neutral Good Human Druid (5th Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength-16
Dexterity-13
Constitution-17
Intelligence-15
Wisdom-16
Charisma-14

Alignment:
Neutral Good A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias for or against order. However, neutral good can be a dangerous alignment when it advances mediocrity by limiting the actions of the truly capable.

Race:
Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.

Class:
Druids gain power not by ruling nature but by being at one with it. They hate the unnatural, including aberrations or undead, and destroy them where possible. Druids receive divine spells from nature, not the gods, and can gain an array of powers as they gain experience, including the ability to take the shapes of animals. The weapons and armor of a druid are restricted by their traditional oaths, not simply training. A druid's Wisdom score should be high, as this determines the maximum spell level that they can cast.

Find out What Kind of Dungeons and Dragons Character Would You Be?, courtesy of Easydamus (e-mail)

Dragonlance Chronicles
Then Legends.
It is a tough decision. It would have to be either Dragons of Autumn Twilight or The Legend of Huma.
You Learn Something New Every Day!

My favorite is Dragons of Winter Night. I read it in one day as a teenager. Wow. that was a great book.

Sign In to post comments