Character Builder

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is there a way to limit the Character Builder's content?  Like can I change it so only things from PHB1 appear?
Unfortunatly the Character Builder doesn't let you do that.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

I agree, that would be an awesome feature to add a content filter.
Since this is a broad thread about the character builder maybe you guys can help me.  

I made a warlock with multiclass feats for wizard, I've take my warlock powers and then selected my wizard powers that i wanted from my power swap feats, for some reason or another I can't get the character sheet to show the wizard powers I took.  It only shows me my warlock powers, including the ones I thought were swapped out for wizard powers.  This is annoying as I can't get power cards for my wizard spells.  

Also I took armor that grants me a +10 resist to a damage type, but I can't find a way to specify the damage type in the builder, as a result it doesn't put my resistance from the armor on the Resistances\Vulnerabilties section of the sheet.  Is there a drop down I'm missing some where?

Thanks a lot guys. 
Since this is a broad thread about the character builder maybe you guys can help me.

I can't recreate the issue you're seeing with the power swaps.  If you post your character build (from the Character Sheet, select "Character Summary" from the drop-down at the top of the screen), maybe we can spot what's going on.

For the armor, just equip it.  Once equipped, the Class tab will prompt you to select a resistance type.  At least, it does for Armor of Resistance.  If there's a different armor you're using here, let us know.

One other thing of importance. Did you create a Warlock (Hexblade) or Warlock (Binder)?

If you chose one of those Warlock subclasses, you will not be able to swap your Encounter powers or level 9 Daily power. Those are not optional powers, they are preselected for you based on your Pact.
One other thing of importance. Did you create a Warlock (Hexblade) or Warlock (Binder)?

If you chose one of those Warlock subclasses, you will not be able to swap your Encounter powers or level 9 Daily power. Those are not optional powers, they are preselected for you based on your Pact.

Its's a plain ol warlock.  

I can't recreate the issue you're seeing with the power swaps.  If you post your character build (from the Character Sheet, select "Character Summary" from the drop-down at the top of the screen), maybe we can spot what's going on.

For the armor, just equip it.  Once equipped, the Class tab will prompt you to select a resistance type.  At least, it does for Armor of Resistance.  If there's a different armor you're using here, let us know.

Here is the Character Summary.

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Evelyn & Nefarious, level 16
Elf, Warlock, Life-Stealer
Build: Scourge Warlock
Eldritch Blast Option: Eldritch Blast Constitution
Eldritch Pact Option: Infernal Pact

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 12, CON 20, DEX 13, INT 21, WIS 9, CHA 15

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 11, CON 16, DEX 10, INT 15, WIS 8, CHA 14

AC: 28 Fort: 26 Ref: 27 Will: 24
HP: 107 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 26

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +18, Bluff +15, History +18, Intimidate +15, Religion +18

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +9, Athletics +9, Diplomacy +10, Dungeoneering +7, Endurance +13, Heal +7, Insight +7, Nature +9, Perception +9, Stealth +9, Streetwise +10, Thievery +9

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Elf Racial Power: Elven Accuracy
Warlock's Curse Power: Warlock's Curse
Warlock Attack 1: Eldritch Blast
Warlock Attack 1: Hellish Rebuke
Warlock Pact Boon 1: Dark One's Blessing
Wizard Attack 1: Magic Missile
Warlock Utility 2: Ethereal Stride
Warlock Attack 3: Fiery Bolt
Warlock Attack 5: Avernian Eruption
Warlock Utility 6: Dark One's Own Luck
Warlock Attack 7: Infernal Moon Curse
Warlock Attack 9: Iron Spike of Dis
Warlock Utility 10: Shadow Form
Life-Stealer Attack 11: Soul Scorch
Life-Stealer Utility 12: Life Spark Summons
Warlock Attack 13: Killing Flames
Warlock Attack 15: Fireswarm
Warlock Utility 16: Diabolic Escape

FEATS
Level 1: Killing Curse
Level 2: Primed Curse
Level 4: Cursed Shot
Level 6: Arcane Initiate
Level 8: Improved Dark One's Blessing
Level 10: Acolyte Power
Level 11: Astral Fire
Level 12: Improved Initiative
Level 14: Hellfire Hex
Level 16: Dooming Action

ITEMS
Leather Armor
Adventurer's Kit
Rod Implement
Gloves of Piercing x1
Bag of Holding
Gravespawn Potion
Potion of Spirit (level 5)
Potion of Resistance (heroic tier)
Magic Rod +4 x1
Lucky Charm +3 x1
Crystalline Breastplate Leather Armor +3 x1
Boots of Levitation x1
Diamond Bracers (heroic tier) x1
Helm of the Stubborn Mind x1
Survivor's Belt x1
Deepfarer's Pouch
====== End ======

Armor - the Crystalline Breastplate's resistance / vulnerability pairing can be changed out with each extended rest, so that's not tracked in the builder.

Utility Power - I can't recreate that.  What did you try to swap out and what did you swap for?

Show

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======

Chaedi, level 16
Elf, Warlock, Life-Stealer
Build: Scourge Warlock
Eldritch Pact Option: Infernal Pact
Eldritch Blast Option: Eldritch Blast Constitution

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 12, CON 20, DEX 13, INT 21, WIS 9, CHA 15

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 11, CON 16, DEX 10, INT 15, WIS 8, CHA 14

AC: 28 Fort: 23 Ref: 24 Will: 21
HP: 107 Surges: 11 Surge Value: 26

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +18, Bluff +15, History +18, Intimidate +15, Religion +18

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +9, Athletics +9, Diplomacy +10, Dungeoneering +7, Endurance +13, Heal +7, Insight +7, Nature +9, Perception +9, Stealth +9, Streetwise +10, Thievery +9

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Elf Racial Power: Elven Accuracy
Warlock's Curse Power: Warlock's Curse
Warlock Attack 1: Eldritch Blast
Warlock Attack 1: Hellish Rebuke
Warlock Pact Boon 1: Dark One's Blessing
Wizard Attack 1: Magic Missile
Warlock Utility 2: Ethereal Stride
Warlock Attack 3: Fiery Bolt
Warlock Attack 5: Avernian Eruption
Warlock Utility 6: Dark One's Own Luck
Warlock Attack 7: Infernal Moon Curse
Warlock Attack 9: Iron Spike of Dis
Wizard Utility 10: Repelling Shield
Life-Stealer Attack 11: Soul Scorch
Life-Stealer Utility 12: Life Spark Summons
Warlock Attack 13: Killing Flames
Warlock Attack 15: Fireswarm
Warlock Utility 16: Diabolic Escape

FEATS
Level 1: Killing Curse
Level 2: Primed Curse
Level 4: Cursed Shot
Level 6: Arcane Initiate
Level 8: Improved Dark One's Blessing
Level 10: Acolyte Power
Level 11: Astral Fire
Level 12: Improved Initiative
Level 14: Hellfire Hex
Level 16: Dooming Action

ITEMS
Crystalline Breastplate Leather Armor +3 x1
====== End ======

I think the issue maybe the character was imported in from an old version of the character builder.  The one that you installed and wasn't a silver light web app.  I'm recreating from scratch to see if that helps.  I swapped shadow form for feather fall.
Ok I rebuilt from scratch and now my lvl 10 utility wizard power gets a card but my level 2 utility power from wizard doesn't , it still says I have ehtereal stride.  I swapped Ethereal Stride out for Feather Fall.
How did you swap out two utility powers?
Is that the issue does the feat not allow you to do that?  Let me re read it.

So I guess I take acolyte power, and I can swap ONE utility power with one of the same or lesser level from my chosen cross class, I can't do this for more than one utility power?  So if i chose to swap my lvl 2 utility, I can't also chose to swap my lvl 16 utility?  Is that correct?  Now what if I took the acolyte feat twice would it then allow me to swap out more than one utility?
You can't take a feat more than once unless the feat specifically says otherwise. 
You can change the swap at each level -- but each swap supersedes the previous one.  So if you swapped out your 2nd level utility power at 9th level and then swapped out your 10th level utility power at 10th level, you would regain your 2nd level warlock power and lose your 2nd level wizard power when you do that.

Thanks for the clarification.  The build is a little missleading but over all it was my miss understanding of the rules, thanks again guys.

Is there a way to limit the Character Builder's content?  Like can I change it so only things from PHB1 appear?

On the opposite end of the spectrum, is there any way to expand the Character Builder's content? Is there any way of creating custom magic items?  

Writing Director - Returned Abeir

On the opposite end of the spectrum, is there any way to expand the Character Builder's content? Is there any way of creating custom magic items?  

I'd love that, although I don't expect to see any significant development of the tool.  And I am pretty sure that would count as "significant development."

Since this is a character builder thread...how can I export my character sheet to a format like .pdf so I can modify stats, etc for custom campaigns?  We used to be able to modify hit points, etc. before printing...now I can't do any of that with this online tool.  Any suggestions?
Thanks! 
I use PDFCreator.

You have the free will to agree or disagree.
You have the ability to act freely on the above choice regardless of the consequences.

Is there any way to equip mount slot items?

I built a Chevalier and bought a warhorse for him along with heavy barding, but the Companions part of the sheet doesn't include the barding and I don't know how to equip it.
I don't think so

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter