Should there be a Previous Editions Character Development board?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Or should I just go to somewhere else like "Previous Editions General" or "4E Character Development"?

Founder and figurehead of Just Say Yes!

Member of LGBT Gamers

Odds are, if 4-6 people can't figure out an answer you thought was obvious, you screwed up, not them. - JeffGroves
Which is why a DM should present problems to solve, not solutions to find. -FlatFoot
A game is a fictional construct created for the sake of the players, not the other way around. If you have a question "How do I keep X from happening at my table," and you feel that the out-of-game answer "Talk the the other people at your table" won't help, then the in-game answers "Remove mechanics A, B, and/or C, add mechanics L, M, and/or N" will not help either.
Previous Editions General Discussion would be the appropriate place.  Or What's a Player to Do?  Personally, there will probably be another forum reorginzationw hen the next edition releases and I hope that Character Developement is either merged with What's a Player to Do? or made edition-neutral.

The only edition-specific forums needed, I think, would be:

1. Next General Discussion

2. Next Rules Q&A

3. Next Character Optimization

4. Previous Editions General 

5. Previous Editions Rules Q&A

6. Previous Editions Character Optimization

If you have a mechanical rules question regarding a character from a previous edition, that should go in Previous Editions General or What's A Player To Do?.
 If you have an edition-neutral roleplaying question about your character's personality or backstory, 4E Character Development is as good a place as any...

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

If you have an edition-neutral roleplaying question about your character's personality or backstory, 4E Character Development is as good a place as any... 

Most of my question did seem edition neutral, but the "Paladins can fall" and "Dragonborns used to be something else" seemed fairly non-transferable. Should I double-thread anyway?

Founder and figurehead of Just Say Yes!

Member of LGBT Gamers

Odds are, if 4-6 people can't figure out an answer you thought was obvious, you screwed up, not them. - JeffGroves
Which is why a DM should present problems to solve, not solutions to find. -FlatFoot
A game is a fictional construct created for the sake of the players, not the other way around. If you have a question "How do I keep X from happening at my table," and you feel that the out-of-game answer "Talk the the other people at your table" won't help, then the in-game answers "Remove mechanics A, B, and/or C, add mechanics L, M, and/or N" will not help either.

Most of my question did seem edition neutral, but the "Paladins can fall" and "Dragonborns used to be something else" seemed fairly non-transferable. Should I double-thread anyway?

I would avoid double-posting.  What's a Player to Do? is a generally friendly place that has so far escaped edition warring.
Sign In to post comments