So when

When can we expect the d and d next to launch with its core books?. I mean we have a module or adventure coming out in August that goes along with the sundering? So when can we get the actual books?
If I had to guess, they'll try to push it out in March 2014, which will be too soon and quality will suffer for it.

The metagame is not the game.

It'll be released shortly after Half-Life 3 comes out.
...whatever
Not sure. Either not long before gen con 14, which is the best guess in my opinion so they can get the sales. Or sometime in the fall of 2014, hoping to catch the holidays. Those are my guesses though.
My two copper.
Speaking from experience, they're not going to announce a release date until it's close to going to the printer. There are just too many moving parts to make anything but a guess at the moment.

In memory of wrecan and his Unearthed Wrecana.

When can we expect the d and d next to launch with its core books?

We have no idea.  My speculation says GenCon 2014 for the official release

I don't get how they can release a module for a rule set that may still be a year away in August. If that rule set is still very liquid and not solid ?  Ie too many moving parts!!
I don't get how they can release a module for a rule set that may still be a year away in August. If that rule set is still very liquid and not solid ?  Ie too many moving parts!!

We still have some playtesting time, so more can get more solid by then. And the module may actually be a form of playtesting what they think is pretty solid.

In memory of wrecan and his Unearthed Wrecana.

Heck I am all for play testing to make sure we get it right ie all the math etc(4e monster Manuel anyone). But if the sundering module adventure is a play test ....no way in Hell do I pay for something that is for sure not complete.  Heck they should pay us for our marketing feedback.  We give feedback because we love the game, and care, but don't ask me to pay to play test lol
It'll be released shortly after Half-Life 3 comes out.

Gabe Newell is the only man on earth that can troll us like that and have us live him for it. :P
It's probably obvious by this point anyway, given editing and printing times and the fact that the game is barely embryonic at this point, but it's confirmed for "not 2013."
Dwarves invented beer so they could toast to their axes. Dwarves invented axes to kill people and take their beer. Swanmay Syndrome: Despite the percentages given in the Monster Manual, in reality 100% of groups of swans contain a Swanmay, because otherwise the DM would not have put any swans in the game.
the release date will either be at gencon 2014 or announced at gencon 2014.
I just hope standard is ready before they release basic, so they are not forced to limit standard because basic includes some feature that is not fully realized in standard (because is it not completed). The same concept applies to advanced.
I just hope standard is ready before they release basic, so they are not forced to limit standard because basic includes some feature that is not fully realized in standard (because is it not completed). The same concept applies to advanced.

Doubtful.
My two copper.
I hope you are correct, but sometime the coporate overlords have different ideas for timelines.

At the rate they're going I dont see them living up to their promises by August 2014. They'll either be releasing it unfinished or it ends up vaporware.
...whatever
That may make them panic and want to release something just to showcase some progress.

At the rate they're going I dont see them living up to their promises by August 2014. They'll either be releasing it unfinished or it ends up vaporware.

i really can't see an edition of dnd becoming vaporware. it might be terrible or delayed, but it'll be released.

FWIW: In the article below it was confirmed that the Sundering adventures won't be D&D Next but platform agnostic (with add ons possibly):

New D&D Adventures

Sundering authors R.A. Salvatore and Ed Greenwood are also collaborating with D&D’s designers on new game content. They’re each providing the story and helping write a new playable adventure that will be released in 2013, allowing D&D players to be heroes of their own Sundering adventures.

Since the D&D game is in between editions, these new modules will strive to be “platform agnostic.” The idea, says Mearls, is that both books will focus on providing story, color and characters, so they that can used by players using any version of the game. Edition specific details –like statistics for monsters– will be available separately, perhaps as a free download."

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Not sure. Either not long before gen con 14, which is the best guess in my opinion so they can get the sales. Or sometime in the fall of 2014, hoping to catch the holidays. Those are my guesses though.

And don't forget, if they can hit 2014?  They get to bundle/hype it as the 40th anniversary of the game in addition to just the next best edition.
I'm sure they'll do that anyways, but having product on the shelves will really help.
My general assumption, based upon what the developers have been saying, is that the core of the game should be done sometime early 2014 - that's when they'll have core hammered out and good to go, with maybe some initial work on modules. After that, it's however long they can commit to working on modules for the initial release. If they get core hammered out by fall of 2013, that gives them a lot of time - maybe as much as a year, if they go for fall 2014 release - to work on whatever modules will be availible on launch. However, if core isn't good to go by then, they'll probably keep testing core well into 2014, and skimp out on modules availible right at launch.

Either way, with varied support for modules, I expect "sometime in 2014" to be viable. I'm guessing that the overlords at Hasbro have been given a "we'll have it done by this time" date, and that date is what the design team is working around.

Supporting an edition you like does not make you an edition warrior. Demanding that everybody else support your edition makes you an edition warrior.

Why do I like 13th Age? Because I like D&D: http://magbonch.wordpress.com/2013/10/16/first-impressions-13th-age/

AzoriusGuildmage- "I think that you simply spent so long playing it, especially in your formative years with the hobby, that you've long since rationalized or houseruled away its oddities, and set it in your mind as the standard for what is and isn't reasonable in an rpg."

If there is one piece of advice I can give them, its take your time. Wizards has a bad habit of releasing things before they are ready. They released 3.5 way too soon. They released 4th too early.and they sent out almost every 4th edition book without the proper editing.

These new forums are terrible.

I misspell words on purpose too draw out grammer nazis.