Spotlight Interview: Unearthed Arcana

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Spotlight Interview
Unearthed Arcana

By Jeff Grubb

With today's release of Unearthed Arcana's premium reprint, we asked Jeff Grubb to share his insights and recollections regarding the book!

Talk about this interview here.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Very cool interview. I'd love to see an interview like this when the 2e reprints are released. There's a lot of interesting history about how 2e was developed and it would be really interesting to hear from some of the writers and developers about the decisions they made and the behind the scenes stories. It would also be interesting to hear about the "black" editions of 2e and process behind revising the game for that edition.
I have blogged the Kim Mohan editorial from Dragon #97.

What I love about Unearthed Arcana more than just about any other book is the special place it holds for so many old time TSR employees. Jeff pointing to the West Coast vs Lake Geneva is in this spirit. This may have been, at some level, the last book that really had Gary's full attention--or something. It definitely captured the era very very well & I am stoked to see it reprinted. 

In any event, I think Jeff may capture it best when he says "Playtesting feedback was a tetchy thing back in the days before the Internet". Tetchy indeed!

$49.99?  What the Hell WoTC?!?!  Thank God for Amazon!

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/1.jpg)

nerdworld.blog.com
Ah, feeling the reprint gouge too eh? Yep, they hit you coming and going.Yell