The World of Solnarion (WIP)

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey all,

I just wanted to say hi and make you guys aware of a new campaign world that I am working on that I would love the communitie's input on.

The world I have created is Solnarion, a fantasy world that I aim to make a fun place to play, tell stories in and discuss. I have created it using D&D 3.5 (with some house rules), but could easily be adapted into other versions with minimal work I feel. So far the world has its own forum that me and my moderator team are posting the latest rules and fluff about the world on, and I would really love it if you guys would cast an eye over it, comment on it, give me your feeback (good, bad or indifferent) and if you want to contribute, then that too would be great.

I will make sure that I keep coming back here too, to update on what we are doing and where we are with it.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

My blog on MtG, roleplaying games and other assorted stuff: http://confessionsofagamesmaster.blogspot.co.uk/

Please feel free to drop by and comment!

Link please?

Founder - but not owner - of Just Say Yes!

Member of LGBT Gamers

Odds are, if 4-6 people can't figure out an answer you thought was obvious, you screwed up, not them. - JeffGroves
Which is why a DM should present problems to solve, not solutions to find. -FlatFoot
Why there should be the option to use alignment systems:
Show
If some people are heavily benefiting from the inclusion of alignment, then it would behoove those that AREN'T to listen up and pay attention to how those benefits are being created and enjoyed, no? -YagamiFire
But equally important would be for those who do enjoy those benefits to entertain the possibility that other people do not value those benefits equally or, possibly, do not see them as benefits in the first place. -wrecan (RIP)
That makes sense. However, it is not fair to continually attack those that benefit for being, somehow, deviant for deriving enjoyment from something that you cannot. Instead, alignment is continually attacked...it is demonized...and those that use it are lumped in with it.

I think there is more merit in a situation where someone says "This doesn't work! It's broken!" and the reply is "Actually it works fine for me. Have you considered your approach might be causing it?"

than a situation where someone says "I use this system and the way I use it works really well!" and the back and forth is "No! It is a broken bad system!" -YagamiFire

Ha oh yeah, sorry that would help!

Its very much a work in progress, so there isn't too much up yet, but I am adding more material as fast as I collate it.

Here is the link:
solaria.freeforums.net/index.cgi

All feedback, views and ideas are very much welcome.

My blog on MtG, roleplaying games and other assorted stuff: http://confessionsofagamesmaster.blogspot.co.uk/

I now have 2 moderators working on getting more content online, and I am hoping that some of you guys here might be inclined to come take a look and let us know what you think. I will post some highlights of our stuff here too for your perusal.

I now have 2 moderators working on getting more content online, and I am hoping that some of you guys here might be inclined to come take a look and let us know what you think. I will post some highlights of our stuff here too for your perusal.

Hi guys,

We now have the map of our first continent up as well as some background information on one of the most important nations on the map. We are hoping to get more stuff up in the next few days (especially the good, visual stuff) and I am hoping to get more information on how the races work in Solnarion.

So pop along to the forum, check it out and let us know what you think, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

DM Deveraux
solaria.freeforums.net/index.cgi

Sign In to post comments