Sacrificing question

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
So if i have an unleashed hellhole flailer enchanted with a mark of the vampire, using the flailers second ability, would i still gain the life from lifelink and would he have the plus 2 added to his power?

hellhole flailers second ability is pay 2(1r)(1b) sacrifice hellhole flailer and deal damage to target creature or play equal to his power

mark of the vampire gives a +2/+2 and life link

Please autocard , check it on [read this first] - creating a rules thread.

And use lower case c to autocard.

Yes , you deal damage equal to hellhole flailer power plus 2 and gains that much life.

Please autocard , check it on [read this first] - creating a rules thread.

And use lower case c to autocard.

sorry about the auto card thing, spaced out a bit forgot where i was posting lol.  Thanks for the info, i wasnt sure since the sacrifice took place before anything else, i kind of thought it would carry over since your almost using the p/t bonuses as an unspoken sacrifice cost

[C]Hellhole Flailer[/C] [C]Mark Of The Vampire[/C]
So if i have an unleashed hellhole flailer enchanted with a mark of the vampire, using the flailers second ability, would i still gain the life from lifelink and would he have the plus 2 added to his power?

When its ability resolves, the game "goes back in time" to check its characteristics when it was on the battlefield, it uses its last know information (LKI), and at the time it was on the field, "nanoseconds" before it was put in the graveyard due to the sacrifice, it had lifelink and a +2/+2 boost, so it's taken into account for the damage dealing.

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.

Thanks for that! i figured as much, but i wanted to  make sure before i ran the deck
Sign In to post comments