Goblin Deck

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Modifed the deck, left out right of flame because its to expensive for me, I can't have the deck being over 25$ :\. I also prefer Lighting Bolt over Goblin Grenade.

Looks good to me as far as a cheap goblin deck goes. You don't really need FOUR Krenkos, but if any of them get zapped, you'd have him back out pretty quick, at least.
Looks good to me as far as a cheap goblin deck goes. You don't really need FOUR Krenkos, but if any of them get zapped, you'd have him back out pretty quick, at least.

Thanks, would you reccomend buying cards from ebay or magictcg?
I only buy local for various reasons. Whichever's cheaper and most reliable, I guess. There's other places you can look, too, though!
Eh I don't have a car lol, and none within walkign distance. I can get most of the cards ( i already have wardrivers,lightning bolts, and goblin warstrike) for only $19. Seems good to me honestly
I'd suggest waiting for someone with a bit more experience with it all to look, but the deck looks playable in a casual game to me.
Thanks, would you reccomend buying cards from ebay or magictcg?

I would recommend buying from tcgplayer.com
They show the prices per card for various shops around the country, and you can also possibly make your order cheaper by buying from the same store(s) to save on shipping prices.
Thanks for the advice, I will likely wait at least a week before buying anything, though I have made a cart on tcgplayer using the new optimization feature which worked very nicely.
I recommend keeping 4 Krenkos for the simple purpose of making sure you have one on as early as possible. You really want one in hand, RTG on T3 or 4.

Brings up my other suggestion. Lose the 4 Spikeshots for 4 Rite of Flame. Pretty much one of the keys of a fast Krenko deck. The other key being Goblin Lackey, but being budget, you're gonna have to do the best you can without.

Plenty of other Krenko deck threads going around, check out the first couple pages of threads in this forum. Some good stuff there that will help you out.   
I agree with Sacrifice, lose the spikeshots. They're more of a pump then use the abillity card and these types of deck just wants to attack.

I would swap the Arsonists for Goblin Sledder as he's great for forcing through damage from blocked goblins. You sac the blocked ones to boost your unblocked ones. The arsonist give you 1 damage if blocked/destroyed, and I've gotten 5 or more out of the sledders per attack. Plus I'm pretty sure you can attack, get blocked, tap Krenko to give you new guys, sac your blocked guys for pump, force through damage, and not have REALLY lost any guys.

You may also want to consider Goblin Grenade as I think they are about the same price as the bolts and are almost always a better choice in a goblin deck. Massive Raid also may be worth a look. It cost 2 more to play than the war strikes but it, A) is an instant B) also lets you target creatures if need be C) Would make this Modern Legal if you cared about format. Since you really only use the Strikes late game when you have a bunch of goblins, the higher cost really shouldn't matter.

As far as online shops go Coolstuffinc.com and Starcitygames.com also have pretty good prices.
Yeah, I've looked at Massive Raid. Looks like it definately deserves some seat time, although I'm worried that casting cost is going to slow everything up too much. Time will tell, but I think that Modern-legal thing is the best (only?) thing it's got going for it.

Coolstuffinc.com is the bomb. They have become my favorite. 
Well just speaking from my own goblin deck playing the war strike tends to be the game ender, but your right about the cost being a concern. Although I do like that it lets you target creatures, I've many games where they drop a threat and I either only have a strike in my hand or it's too big for a Bolt/Grenade. Also the Instant thing could be good if they're about to win (Attacking, Spell, ETC.) and you have 3 mana open, which can happen if you ran out of other stuff to play. I do think however that it's gonna be one of those card thats only good in certain decks. I really wish they had a red version of Dark Ritual, the Rite is about as close as you can get.
Thanks for the advice guys. I took the advice but I didn't put in goblin grenade or right of flame. right of flame was too expensive and I already have lightening bolts