D&D News:PDF Store News

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
D&D News
PDF Store News

By D&D Team

In today's Legends & Lore, Mike Mearls stated that: "Back at Gen Con last year, we announced that we were once again going to make certain titles of classic D&D material available for purchase as PDF files. I'm happy to announce that our friends over at DrivethruRPG.com are offering the first of many waves of classic content through our new PDF store DnDClassics.com!" Please note that DrivethruRPG.com is experiencing exceptionally heavy traffic following the announcement. We apologize for any downtime and look forward to DnDClassics.com's opening, where D&D titles from past editions will be available.

Talk about this news here.

Article Header Image

I would like to see a release plan / schedule and the core rule books. It is nice to see they have finally decided to release this material to us. Following up and supprting this effort will help strengthen WotC's new and future releases.
the previews of the files seem pretty clean and clear, which is excellent.

...I just hope that when it comes to box sets with poster maps those maps are scanned as single images instead of broken up by pages

ATTENTION:  If while reading my post you find yourself thinking "Either this guy is being sarcastic, or he is an idiot," do please assume that I am an idiot. It makes reading your replies more entertaining. If, however, you find yourself hoping that I am not being even remotely serious then you are very likely correct as I find irreverence and being ridiculous to be relaxing.

Give us the original WORLD of GREYHAWK...pleaseLaughing

Wow, congrats on finally doing this!  Very exciting to see the old stuff out there again.
Expand, open the archives. Do something for the Tsr Fans. This is only a trickle of what Wotc has inherited from Tsr. I want to see it all. Obviously you are making money if the traffic is crashing the site every day, and it is!
More is on the way.  :D

All around helpful simian

Ill post what I said in another thread here too:

Please, please, please give me a new RULES CYCLOPEDIA scan. Srsly. I want to buy it. I want to destroy the  printer at work with it. Please. 
Does anyone know if the pdfs available are the same pdfs that were available for sale in the early 2000's? Or have they been re-scanned?
They are rescans, though they haven't re-released any of the PDF's I already have in my drivethru library, so I haven't been able to compare directly.  The free B1 PDF does look nice.

And I have to say, I'm really loving the historical articles they are putting in the descriptions of the classic releases.

Good start, Wizards. 
Is there any possibility of Print-on-Demand for these? I like having the pdfs available, but there's a few where I'd like a hardcopy too. I assume it won't happen with the PHB/DMG/MM series as they're being reprinted, but would others be possible?

These, in the day when heaven was falling, The hour when earth's foundations fled, Followed their mercenary calling, And took their wages, and are dead. Playing: Legendof Five Rings, The One Ring, Fate Core. Planning: Lords in the Eastern Marches, Runequest in Glorantha. 

Can paysafe-card be used to buy PDFs?

"Say me what you're showing off for, and I'll say you what you lack!" (Spanish saying)

Book 13 Anaclet 23 Confucius said: "The Superior Man is in harmony but does not follow the crowd. The inferior man follows the crowd, but is not in harmony"

"In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius 

They do Paypal, remember you can also buy via Green card which is secure and prepayed.
Ill post what I said in another thread here too:

Please, please, please give me a new RULES CYCLOPEDIA scan. Srsly. I want to buy it. I want to destroy the  printer at work with it. Please. 

+1 to this. I love the Rules Cyclodpedia.

I'd also like to get hi quality, modern PDF's of the BECMI boxed sets. I'd pay a lot of money for that. 
But...no Dragonlance in the initial release!?  I want to buy all of the original modules, not the Classics bundles, but the Dragons of Despair, etc.  Please release them in a nice bundle on the next wave!!
Does anyone else think that a majority of these prices are too high for a PDF?  I've found cheaper copies of some paper books.  I mean, $9.99 for a document?  I'd pay maybe $2.99, but anything more is just crazy.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/1.jpg)

nerdworld.blog.com
Does anyone else think that a majority of these prices are too high for a PDF?  I've found cheaper copies of some paper books.  I mean, $9.99 for a document?  I'd pay maybe $2.99, but anything more is just crazy.

I agree with you! Why so much for a file download? Well the answer is simple...greed! The human condition is sick...  

Is there any possibility of Print-on-Demand for these? I like having the pdfs available, but there's a few where I'd like a hardcopy too. I assume it won't happen with the PHB/DMG/MM series as they're being reprinted, but would others be possible?

I also would like a hard copies of these titles but as long as WotC is making $$$$$$$$$$$ on PDFs why would they care about hard copies. I hate PDFs! They are so hard to work with and feel lacking when compared to hard copies of the same thing. 

Honestly, if TSR had most of their adventures on PDF why back in the late '70s I probably would of never stuck it out this long with enjoying/playing rpgs. Hard copies are what made this and other rpgs GREAT...not expansive PDFs!    

I also would like a hard copies of these titles but as long as WotC is making $$$$$$$$$$$ on PDFs why would they care about hard copies. I hate PDFs! They are so hard to work with and feel lacking when compared to hard copies of the same thing. 

Honestly, if TSR had most of their adventures on PDF why back in the late '70s I probably would of never stuck it out this long with enjoying/playing rpgs. Hard copies are what made this and other rpgs GREAT...not expansive PDFs!    

I think you might want to look at the thread on the top of the board.  They're releasing hardcopies of the core books for the 3 earlier editions,  as well as a couple accessories,  and two sets of OOP modules.  It's highly likely there'll be even more later this year as the schedule only goes to July.

Also, It's $9.99 for a copy that will never fall apart,  never get a drink spilled on it,  cannot decay or be destroyed,  so long as you backup your purchase,  it's effectively permanent.
Sign In to post comments