Faelon of Autumnhaven
5 Background Elements
1. Faelon was born in the tree city of Autumnhaven, where his grandfather, The Great Hunter Orion, settled after departing from Faerun, and where his father, Fion, ruled as king.
2. Faelon showed great skill with a bow at an early age, and was taken into the Autumnguard, the Rangers entrusted with to defend the King in the Forest. He has since become an expert tracker and archer, and can was taught how to hide in shadows of forests and dungeons.
3. Autumnhaven was burnt down by demons. Fion ordered Faelon to take some of the Autumnguard as well as anyone they could rescue out of the city. He believes himself to be the only survivor from Autumnhaven however, as well as the Autumnguard’s last member.
4. After the burning of Autumnhaven, Faelon traveled to _____, where he tried to start life a new. He fell in with A Hengeyokai named Vulpe Vulpes, a petty thief in town. However, he found himself still haunted by the burning of the forest, and still lusted for revenge.
5. After a two years of living in _____ Faelon left in the middle of the night, to began tracking and hunting the demons responsible for the destruction of the forest. He left without ever telling Vulpe where he would go.
2 Character Goals
1. I would like to see Faelon finally kill Azazel.
2. Faelon desperately wants to find one survivor from Autumnhaven, so that he can know he did not fail his father’s final order to him.
2 Secrets About The Character
1. Despite being born there, and living there for over a hundred years, Faelon can only remember what Autumnhaven looked like as it was burning.
2. Not all of Autumnhaven was burned completely to the ground, however. The Autumnkeep still stands, and serves as Azazel’s palace in this realm.
3 People Tied To The Character
1. Anarion was a human who lived in Autumnhaven. He was the first human to become apart of the Autumnguard many years after the humans began building their homes around the tree. He was a talented swordsman, and average archer, some would say he might even be above average as far as humans go. Faelon and he were friends, however Faelon believes that he is dead.
2. Vulpe Vulpes is a Fox Hengeyokai from _____. He is a scoundrel who leads a band of thieves in the city. When Faelon came to the city, he saw he had a noble look to him, and tried to steal from him. Faelon caught him, yet did not harm him. Instead, Faelon had Vulpes teach him to thrive in the city as a thief, and the two pulled many jobs together. However, one morning after their biggest heist, Vulpes awoke to find Faelon gone, leaving no indication of where he went, yet leaving his cut behind, leaving Vulpes with the all of their score. He has since become a wealthy trader, and a major power in _____.
3. Azazel is demon from hell who is directly responsible for burning the Autumnhaven. He is known for his ability to change appearance, but is always distinguishable by his yellow eyes.
3 Memories, Mannerisms, Or Quirks
1. Faelon is still haunted by the burning of the forest, and he ofthen has nightmares of the day the forest burned
2. Faelon hates the smell of burning leaves and wood, even campfires.
3. Faelon mistrusts Tieflings ever since one snuck into the Autumnkeep, and slit his grandfather Orion’s throat.
Duke – Human BarbarianStep 1: Write 5 background and concept elements that you feel are important to your image of the character. These can be a concept overview, a list of important life events, a physical description, a personality profile...whatever you need to get an image in your mind. 5 is just a minimum...more elements are encouraged!
1) Duke’s father Gauron was a commander in service to Sigurd and his mercenary warband the Immortal Blade. His mother Nandi was a high class courtesan with roots in a noble family based in the wealthy city of Heavens Ledge. When Nandi discovered she was with child she sent word to the Immortal Blade.
A group of Demogorgon cultists following an ancient prophecy and receiving visions by performing sacrificial rituals believed Nandi was due to have twins. Seeing this as a sign from their demonic god they plotted to kidnap Nandi so that they might raise the children themselves. Shortly before she was due to give birth she was taken by the Cult.
The Immortal Blade organised a rescue mission however their efforts were in vain. By the time they arrived Nandi was already dead, murdered in part of a demonic ritual. The Cult’s work was not complete however, they attempted to escape and complete the ritual at a later date. Duke was fortunate enough to be rescued however at a cost. His father had been mortally wounded during the skirmish and with his dying breath had Sigurd vow to look over Duke, his only heir, till he is of age. As for Duke’s twin the Cult have raised him as one of their own and seek to complete the ritual that was interrupted that fateful day.
2) He is an orphan. Following the death of his father he was adopted by his godfather Sigurd, and became a mercenary in the Immortal Blade. Duke spent his childhood in service to his godfather on numerous battlefields. Shortly after Duke started to have recurring nightmares the warband was subject to frequent attacks by strange creatures and cultists. Rumour spread that Duke was cursed following the circumstances of his birth. The stories festered within the hearts and minds of the other mercenaries. Sigurd kept his word and concealed his true feelings till Duke was considered a man on his 16th year. At which point Duke was ostracized by his godfather on threat of death should he ever return.
3) Having been outcast he now plies his trade as a sword for hire. He generally prefers to pick and choose his tasks however is not above getting his hands dirty.
4) Duke has few friends nowadays, usually preferring to work alone. He has a good relationship with a local blacksmith, a Minotaur named Ovid who forged his current equipment and his strange companion and agent Titan the Warforged Doll who often lives in whatever pouch or pocket he finds comfortable.
5) Described as a well built and muscular man standing 6 foot 3 inches tall. He wears armour made from leather and reinforced hide that allows for ease of movement and wields a large fullblade nicknamed Thanatos.
Step 2: List at least two goals for the character. At least one of these goals should be one that the character has, while another should be one that you, as a player, want to see developed over the course of the game.
1) Duke seeks to discover the cause of his nightmares. Was his godfather right? Is he truly cursed?
2) Develop his relationship with the other party members and his story.
Step 3: List at least two secrets about your character. One is a secret the character knows, one is a secret that involves him but that he is not actually aware of yet. This will help me in creating plots that centre around your character. I will also be creating a third secret which you as a player will not be aware of, so expect some surprises!
1) Duke often has recurring nightmares where he sees himself in the midst of demons and speaking in tongues. It is due to these dreams that his godfather those of the Immortal Blade suspected him of being cursed.
2) Despite the ritual being interrupted it has had an affect on the twins. Duke’s nightmares are a side effect of the ritual. During times of rest the twins have visions of each others conscious experiences. The Cult track Duke by analysing his twin’s dreams. Duke however is unaware of his twin’s existence and is thus oblivious to this fact.
3) His rages are also a side effect of the interrupted ritual. He has been influenced by the destructive personality of Demogorgon’s head Hethradiah, whereas his twin’s personality has been affected by the deceptive traits of Aameul.
Step 4: Describe at least three people that are tied to the character. Two of them are friendly to the character, one is hostile. If you like, you can include an enemy of yours here as well, so I have an instant NPC nemesis to throw at you.
1) Twin – Human - Warlock - Unknown
Duke’s identical twin, how has he been influenced by the cult? Is he a willing pawn, a cult leader or does he fight against their will?
2) Sigurd – Human - Warlord - Hostile/Neutral
He is the leader of the Immortal Blade mercenaries, the man who raised Duke from birth and taught him the way of the sword. Sigurd always looked down on his adopted son. Part of him hesitated to cast Duke out though he would never admit that to anyone.
3) Titan - Warforged Doll – Rogue - Friendly
Given life by a potent rune of power, Titan is a 4 inch tall statue made from a strong metallic compound. He latched onto Duke during one of his missions and often lives within one of his pouches. He considers himself Duke’s agent and is his closest companion.
4) Ovid – Minotaur – Runepriest – Friendly
Ovid is a talented blacksmith with skill in forging magical properties into his wares. He knows what its like to fight with your own inner demons and has taken a liking to Duke. He forged Duke’s armour and weapons he is currently adventuring with.
5) The Immortal Blade – Various – Various – Hostile/Neutral
They are a well known and feared group of mercenaries. Many of which were of the opinion Duke should have been murdered in his sleep, their hands were only stayed by the wrath of Sigurd, now Duke is no longer one of them however…
6) The Cult – Various – Various - Hostile
Demon consorting cultists who worship Demogorgon, they seek to track down Duke and complete the ritual interrupted decades ago.
Step 5: Describe three memories, mannerisms, or quirks that your character has. They don't have to be elaborate, but they should provide some context and flavour.
1) Godfather casting him out. Confused and frustrated he was forged to abandon all he knew of face the end of their blades.
2) Duke is a closed off and private person who does not make friends easy following his expulsion. If his friendship is gained however he is of a warmer disposition.
3) Confident and imposing he is not normally one to back down from opposition unless it is in his favour to do so.
Step 1: Write 5 background and concept elements that you feel are important to your image of the character. These can be a concept overview, a list of important life events, a physical description, a personality profile...whatever you need to get an image in your mind.
1) Tall and broad-shouldered, brick-red with a blue nose, boasts thick sideburns and thinning hair with a sharp widow's peak pulled back into a ponytail.
2) Is an orphan, in a sense. Though raised comunally by the religious caste like all Hobgoblins, Haruuc is notably the last of the Vra'taash clan in his tribe.
3) Has a bizarre love/hate complex towards his current superior. He idolizes him as an ideal leader, but he despises him and seeks to surpass him in rank and reputation.
4) In his adolescence, he had a brief stint as an enforcer for an organized crime syndicate, during which he distinguished himself as loyal, efficient, and most unmerciful.
5) Seeks to return Goblinkind to a place of prominence in the world, envious of the apparent affluence of the other humanoid races.
Step 2: List at least two goals for the character. At least one of these goals should be one that the character has, while another should be one that you, as a player, want to see developed over the course of the game.1) He seeks to amass fame and fortune through the mercenary band he's currently with. He plans on using these resources to sieze land and form a sustainable nation for Goblinkind.2) I hope for Haruuc to discover and have to come to terms with the lineage of Clan Vra'taash.
Step 3: List at least two secrets about your character. One is a secret the character knows, one is a secret that involves him but that he is not actually aware of yet.
1) Haruuc hides the fact, almost to the point of denial, that he idolizes his Eladrin commander as much as he despises him. He finds the fey to be despicable, and holding one in such high regard shames him greatly. 2) The reason Haruuc is an orphan is because Clan Vra'taash, sympathizing with the fey, attempted a violent coup against the tribe's leaders. In the wake of slaughter, the few surviving Vra'taash fled into the Feywild, but Haruuc had to be left behind. Step 4: Describe at least three people that are tied to the character. Two of them are friendly to the character, one is hostile.
1) Rhaano Vra'taash: Rhaano is the twin brother of Haruuc, who was taken away by their parents as they fled the Rippers' wrath. He has since had a falling out with his family, longing but being unable to rejoin his race. He believes his long-lost brother stands alone as a proud Vra'taash Hobgoblin, and thus he seeks him out.
2) The Eladrin Commander (yet to be named by the DM): The commander of the mercenary group the party belongs to. Haaruc secretly reveres him as the ideal commander, but he fears how his kindred would view this respect. He tries to channel his frustration through competition, but often the pressure boils over as bigotry and confrontational behavior. 3) Galtai Vra'taash: Haruuc's father and head of the wayward Clan Vra'taash. Like most of the living clan members, Galtai has descended into madness, now heading a heretical cult worshipping Corellon. He believes that Corellon created Goblinkind in the same fashion as he did the Elven races, and that the Fey were meant to rule Goblinkind as the Formorians do their Cyclops slaves.
Step 5: Describe three memories, mannerisms, or quirks that your character has. They don't have to be elaborate, but they should provide some context and flavor.
1) His full name, as per Hobgoblin procedure: Haruuc Vra'taash-kon of the Rippers, Mercenary.
2) Has a very strict personal bubble and will immediately lash out if someone enters it unpermitted. NO ONE is exempt from this rule.
3) Outside of his race, Haruuc loves authority and will do anything to enforce it. He's not above bullying his comrades into obedience.4) Has a brutal-looking scar on his back. This is the result of the initiation into the organized crime syndicate Haruuc worked for in his youth. The idea was that anyone who joins should be willing to follow any order, even if blatantly suicidal. In this case, Haruuc had to let his superior-to-be carve a massive wound into his back and survive on his own endurance. Haruuc remembers this fondly as a testament to his dedication and tolerance to pain.
Character Name: Elurion Di'ren ("World-Eater")Class: Assassin-ExecutionerAlignment: NeutralDeity: Raven Queen/ZehirRace: Shadar-KaiHeight: 5'8"Weight: 170lbsAge: 23 years oldEye Color: Black/White (Right Eye)Hair Color: BlackDistinguishing Features: Tattoos all over body (Neck, Throat, Forearms, Chest, Stomach, Sides, Back, Legs, Head, etc.), long scar over right eye(Right eye is white), "Snake-Bite" piercings,Campaign: Not assigned one yet.
1) Elurion Di'ren is quiet and mostly keeps to himself, but he will also mutter to himself about different things. If any of his fellow party members ask about his past or about his tattoos, he tells them "Its not for you to know." and ends it at that.
2) Elurion was born in the Shadow-Fell, but moved to the Shrouded Pass Citadel to start a new life and get away from the foul memories of when he was young and his village was attacked by legions of undead and the Lich King who commanded them.
3) Elurion has a Shadow Hound that serves him as a loyal companion and follows him everywhere, unless Elurion tells him to stay behind or to scout ahead. They can talk to each other through telepathy and often don't speak out loud to one another.
4) Elurion seems to not want to go back to the Shadowfell, although he must every once in awhile so that he can "crow" about his accomplishments outside of the Shadowfell and assert his position within the Shadar-Kai society.
5) Elurion got the long scar over his right eye, when he was just a youngling and his village was attacked by hordes of the undead that were lead by a great Lich King by the name of ___________. Elurion vowed to exterminate any undead that crossed his path and to hunt down those who seek to rule over the undead; Vampire Lords, Lich's, etc.
6) Elurion is also known as the "World-Eater" by the Shadar-Kai, because his ambition and determination to become the strongest and best of the Shadar-Kai. He takes being a Shadar-Kai to a whole other level and is feared, even amongst his own people. He is stealthy and courageous. People fear saying his name, because they think it will mark them next to fall to his poisoned blades. He appears from the shadows without a sound and leaves without a trace.
7) Elurion believes that when he kills, he is sending the souls of his prey directly to the Raven Queen.
1) Elurion seeks to exterminate the undead and those that wish to usurp the Raven Queen's throne (Orcus).
2) Elurion wants the Lich King who attacked his village and scarred him to die by his blade. He will stop at nothing to hunt down the Lich King and have him kneeling before him, as Elurion executes him.
1) Elurion Di'ren is a member of the Guild of Shadows, where he is a hired Assassin for the Guild. He is often hired out to assassinate Undead Lords, that are seeking to raise the undead to usurp the Raven Queen's throne or to envelope the world in a complete darkness.
2) The Lich King that once attacked Elurion's village is actually is Elurion's father, who was trying to exterminate his son to gain an ancient ritual that Vecna promised him. The Lich King failed, but he is still plotting on how to kill his son and gain the ancient ritual. Elurion doesn't know that the Lich King was once his Father, his Mother has only ever told him that his Father was a great Shadar-Kai warrior who fell in battle to the Lich King. (I plan on giving a more detailed backstory on why his father decided to become a Lich).
1) __________; the Lich King (Hostile): __________; The Lich King, is Elurion's Father and his most hated enemy. Elurion doesn't know that the Lich King is also his Father...
2) Guild Master: ___________ :The Guild Master _____________; trained Elurion in the Assassin ways and taught him, his use of deadly poisons. He often sends Elurion coded messages about his next "targets".
3) Can't think of another one at this moment.
1) Elurion remembers when the legions of undead, controlled by the Lich King attacked his village within the Shadowfell. He remembers the ruin that was left, he remembered the screams of his people that fell to the undead monsters. He remembers when his eye was sliced and the cruel laugh of the Lich King that he heard while the Lich tried to kill him.
2) Elurion remembers his first "target" and remembers how that kill made him feel. He felt powerful, he thirsts for his "prey's" blood and longs to send their souls to the Raven Queen.
3) Whenever Elurion gets information about his next "target", he learns all he can about that being and dispatches them as soon as possible. So that way he can move on to the next job. When he executes his victims, he often says to them before they die, "I may have the pleasure of killing you, but my Queen has the pleasure of keeping your soul." (Or something to the effect of that.)
1) Kat was raised among her father's Adventuring Company, practicing to be a ranger like her father.
2) After much begging, the thirteen-year-old Kat was allowed to go on a mission with the company: Providing added security to a prisoner being taken to trial in a large city to the south.
3) A few days into their journey, in the middle of the forest of Vaelhas, the group was attacked by a pack of wolves. Kat was one of three survivors of that attack. One of the other survivors was the prisoner they were escorting, who made his escape during the fighting.
4) While the girl was weeping, alone and afraid, a fox spirit came and comforted her. It explained that it was a spirit charged with protecting Vaelhas Forest and a certain tree in particular. The tree had borne a single seed, its first in millennia, when her party had entered the woods. One of them had stolen the seed, which provoked the wolf pack, but the seed was not found among the dead.
5) Over the ensuing years, the forest spirit trained Kat as a hunter, able to call on the spirits of the forest, and those of any location in which she may find herself. The forest spirit tasked her with hunting down the other survivors to find the seed and bring it home, warning her that the consequences would be dire if the seed were planted in the wrong place or worse, destroyed.
1) Kat's goal is to find the seed to the world tree and punish whoever stole it.
2) I would like to see her naturally become a less coarse person. She's currently very curt and agoraphobic. Getting her to where she likes her current party members rather than simply respecting their battle prowess would be ideal.
Step 3: List at least two secrets about your character. One is a secret the character knows, one is a secret that involves him but that he is not actually aware of yet. This will help me in creating plots that center around your character. I will also be creating a third secret which you as a player will not be aware of, so expect some surprises!
1) Kat's father stayed behind when he let his daughter journey into the woods with the prisoner. He no doubt believes her dead with everyone else. By the time Kat had an opportunity to leave the forest, she chose to head south after her quarries, not north to reunite with her past.
2) The Forest Spirit refused to explain to Kat exactly what the importance was of the seed. It was adamant that consequences of not recovering it would be dire, but what they would be was never made clear. It will 'end the world' in one sense, though whether that's a literal death of the world or the dawning of a 'new era' is unclear (and probably depends on exactly what happens with the seed).
1) The Spirit of Vaelhas Forest always appeared to Kat as a fox, solid and warm if she ever needed companionship, larger than life and insubstantial when it needed to speak with the authority of a teacher or liege lord.
2) Kat's father--The following are the other two survivors of the attack. I deliberately left their guilt or innocence in my DM's hands because I wanted it to be a surprise when/if I hunt down one of them and to give him the freedom to work either or both of them into his larger plot.--
3) Silvertongue: One of the two survivors, an unusually well-spoken Half-Orc. During his time with Kat's father's Adventuring Company, he claimed to be a Paladin of Bahamut, though she would not be surprised (and in fact, assumes) to find this was a lie, since he may have gotten the Company killed for some nefarious purpose.4) "The Hook Horror" was an old man when the Company agreed to transport him to his trial. He must be ancient by now. In his younger days, he was a rogue and a cutthroat, feared for his hook-shaped daggers and his tendency to take 'trophies' from his victims, which he used in depraved rituals exhorting Ioun for knowledge. He was caught attempting to disguise himself as a priest, so hiding among the clergy again does not seem unlikely.
1) Having been away from people for seven years (and, in the time before that, among coarse, unsavory mercenaries), Kat is extremely uncomfortable among people. She prefers to camp and hunt outside of cities while her party sleeps in inns. She is indifferent to money and other treasures found while adventuring, though she grudgingly admits they're usefulness.
2) She has no problem responding with violence and drawing a bone knife at the slightest provocation (especially where that smug, grabby rogue was involved…)
3) She tries to understand the 'spirit of a place', trying to feel how all the living pieces fit together. This is part of why she finds cities so baffling. All the life in the cities are parasites, not predators or prey. From her outsiders perspective, everyone simply crams together trying to feed off of everyone else. She can't fathom why peopl clump up without room to run or hunt or forage when there's a vast wilderness all around their cramped forests of stone trees, why they don't simply leave and survive on their own if they're all so miserable in the city.
Name: Tilorn KainAllignemet: Lawful goodClass: ClericStep 1: Write 5 background and concept elements that you feel are important to your image of the character. These can be a concept overview, a list of important life events, a physical description, a personality profile...whatever you need to get an image in your mind. 5 is just a minimum...more elements are encouraged!
1) He is a war priest, leading human forces against the forces of chaos and destruction.
2) He is stoic, tall and strong from the constant fighting in the past 20 years.
3) A man of few words, speaking only when spoken to outside of combat.
4) He has many scars across his body, none that stand out, and none on his face.
5) Years of rigorous training and discipline changed his everyday life and distanced him from the common vices of Man.6) After spending so much time in various ruined temples, deep tunnels of ancient times and races, a voice appeared in his head that's not his own. As time goes, he has to fight harder and harder to retain his sanity.
Step 2: List at least two goals for the character. At least one of these goals should be one that the character has, while another should be one that you, as a player, want to see developed over the course of the game.
1) He is sent by his church on a journey to find a great weapon to help against the ever invading hordes of demons.
2) After an epic battle of some sort, a divine intervention takes place that, if he is judged worthy, transcends him to divine status.
1) Slowly loosing sanity, as the voice in his head is slowly spreading seeds of corruption and hatred.
2) No memory of his origin or life before joining the church.
1) My mentor, very old even when I first met him, taught me all I know and has shown me the path to righteousness.
2) The emperor, who I never met in person, is the sole reason of my existance, apart from God. One day, I wish to be able to stand by his side.
3) My greatest enemies, heretics, blasphemers and the corrupted. My whole life I fought against them, knowing no rest.
Step 5: Describe three memories, mannerisms, or quirks that your character has. They don't have to be elaborate, but they should provide some context and flavor.
1) Wearing a holy symbol around his neck, in dire moments he grabs it and shouts: "For the Emperor!".
2) Never being with a woman his whole life, he gets nervous when approached by women.
3) His most prized memory, the day the Emperor spoke to the people of the church, issuing the order that sent him on his mission.
Thom was living (more like surviving) in a small cottage, with a small plot of land he tilled and his small, yet fiery, wife and even smaller baby girl, Rebeka. When they went into town one day to sell some stockpiled goods, a skirmish between a would-be thief and Thom broke out, catching the eye of a King’s-Man. This man, Demetri Skarsgad, noticed Thom’s remarkable natural fighting ability and approached him with an offer to join the King’s Army as a soldier. Good, quick pay for someone with obvious natural talent as a warrior. Thom agreed, on the condition that his wife and child would get the money directly.
During his training, Thom found he was much better than Demetri led on, even potentially being better (with time) than his instructor, Master-at-Arms Geros, who had years of campaigning experience before Thom even met his wife. He showed skill with all manner of weapons, his weapon of choice was a huge, two-handed great sword. Then the King called his soldiers to the field in a war over trading routes. Thom was able to visit his wife and young child before heading to war. As he left, his wife gave him a violet silk band that she used to tie her hair up while working. Throughout the war, Thom kept this token on him, tied to his bracers. Arrows seemed to always miss him, blows from sword and axe and spear and mace seemed to always be a glancing blow, so long as he wore that token his loving wife gave him.
Then came the fateful day his commanding officer ordered him to kill the opposing general’s family that they had captured. He disobeyed, not wanting to tear apart a family when his own was just beginning to start. Instead, Thom struck off his commander’s head with a single slash, stole his prized horse and rode hard back to his small cottage.
When he arrived, he saw a horse he recognized: Demetri Skargad’s horse. Thom kicked open the door into his own house, only to find his loving wife in bed with Demetri. With a roar to put a lion to shame, he threw himself at Demetri, smashing the man’s face in with a single blow. His wife tried to stop him leaving a deep gouge over his left eye, so he backhanded her so hard, he broke her neck. The snap of her neck brought him back to reality and out of his rage. He fell to the floor at her side, cradling her broken form in his lap. When he stumbled from the cottage, he remembered his little girl. He searched desperately for her, but could not find her. Then he saw a small gravestone, on the very fringe of his land. That was the moment Thom ceased to exist. A soul-wrenching, mind-splitting scream erupted from his throat. When the scream died away, all that remained was a large form in chainmail and a pitted great sword, a hollow husk of what used to be a caring man, husband and father.
When Thom returned to his cottage, he found Demetri and his horse gone. He put the cottage and his field to the torch, and watched the flames reduce his old life to ash. Thom left in pursuit of Demetri, the fires still burning behind him.
Step 2: Goals
1. After several years of wandering, selling his sword to the highest buyer, with feeling nothing but rage, memories of feelings begin to surface. Thom tries to suppress these memories, not being able to bear the pain that they bring, yet he yearns for feeling something besides this core-deep fury.
2. Thom’s main goal is to see Demetri Skarsgad dead by his own hand, along with the King who took him away from his budding family.
Step 3: Secrets
1. Thom’s biggest secret is that he still carries his wife’s violet silk band on him. Most people don’t notice it, for it is forever stained with blood as it is now the grip on his sword.
2. Unbeknownst to Thom, his daughter Rebeka is still alive. When Thom’s wife first took Demetri to bed, Rebeka was appalled at her mother for betraying her father. At the age of 8, Demetri threw her from the house and pronounced her dead, telling everybody a wild animal had ravaged her. In the forest, an elven hermit found her dehydrated, starving and exhausted. He took her in and raised her to be a very skilled druid.
Step 4: Relationships
Friends: About a year after Thom disobeyed a direct order, killed a superior officer and discovered his wife’s infidelity, Master-at-Arms Geros found him in a tavern after a very long and tiring search. Thom thought Geros was there to kill him, when in reality Geros came of his own freewill after disobeying his own orders to kill innocents. They travelled together for several seasons until old age finally crept up on Geros and he could not dodge an arrow in time, punching through his armor and severing his spine from his pelvis. Thom carried him to the next town, and got Geros set up in a small house with a local serving girl to help him survive. Every so often, when Thom’s campaigning brings him close by he stops in to check on him.
Enemy: Demetri Skarsgad told the king of what happened, and by then news of Thom’s insubordination reached his ears as well, so the king put out a notice: Thom was to be killed on sight for murder, stealing a horse and disobeying a direct order. Proof of death would bring the slayer of this man 1000 gold. Bounty hunters are constantly accosting Thom everywhere he goes.
Step 5: Memories, Mannerisms and Quirks
Since losing his family, Thom has experience very little memories of his past. The most vivid that brings both fleeting moments of happiness and pain is the day Rebeka was born and he held her in his hands the first time.
A habit that Thom picked up in his training, that still stuck with him through the war and his campaigns since is popping his neck from side to side, first the right then the left.
The Ten-Minute Background
Name: HakkaAlignment: GoodClass: RangerRace: Thri Kreen
Age: the Kreen equivalent to 18 years old
Step 1: Write 5 background and concept elements that you feel are important to your image of the character. These can be a concept overview, a list of important life events, a physical description, a personality profile...whatever you need to get an image in your mind. 5 is just a minimum...more elements are encouraged!
2) Early on during his warrior apprenticeship Hakka took an almost instantaneous liking to the Two Blade Fighting Style (of the Ranger class) so by extension that's the style/outlet he chose to grow up using as a warrior. He particularly came to appreciate two things: the offensive efficiency and artistry of the style. In terms of efficency, hitting an opponent hard multiple times to take him out before he can respond with a single attack. In terms of the artistry, the beauty and romanticism he personally was able to develop into his own Two Blade Style, his trademark eventually becoming his finesse, grace, and power. His swordsman style is "flowy" and "precise" rather than primarily "straight-lined" or focused on the brutality of the swing.
3) Hakka is very honorable and has a deep respect for both nature/the natural world and challenging opponents in battle. Like most Kreen warriors he thoroughly lives for "the hunt", he enjoys fighting (he's made more than a few friends among those who also appreciate good combat). He's had many masters (of many different races and character fyi) over the course of his vagrancy/apprenticeship with his father and learned to love fighting and the way of the warrior as more of an artform/way of life and even a philosophy rather than sport or the like (he always finds ways to spout philosophical proverbs he's learned in his training to relate something to battle ie: "father always said that the blade is only as sharp as the wielder...never allow yourself to dull, for what's the use of a dull blade in battle?"). He has a rather "worldly" perspective on life.
4) Hakka in particular grew up a well fed Kreen. Many believe that the difference in size between the Tohr (settled) and Thri (traveling/vagrant) Kreen is genetic. This isn't necessarily true. As a result of growing on a more than sufficient diet, Hakka is a rather "hulking", "muscular" Kreen in figure standing at 6'6" and weighing around 240 lbs. He inherited his father's light-green eyes and has dark/forest-green skin. One notable feature is that Hakka was born with one arm/shoulder noticeably larger/thicker than the other.
5) It's worth noting that Hakka at the end of the day has a very warm/good heart (he's beloved by his people of Thaythilor for being a loyal/loving prince). He's not exactly easily trusting but once you earn his trust/absolute friendship he'll gladly put his life on the line for you as a "clutchmate". He's can be quite witty and snarky at times when enticed. At the same time Hakka maintains the ability to keep creepily calm and cheerful when in high-tension situations. Hakka generally maintains a fairly innocent/cheerful (almost childish if not a bit naive) demeanor which in turn completely surprises most when he displays his impressive combat skill. Still certain things can trigger Hakka's anger/fury, the most blatantly obvious being betrayal (in the Kreen culture your "clutch" or close family/friends are everything). When enraged Hakka turns into the polar opposite of his normal self, unleashing a destructiveness and fury only few have seen and even fewer have survived.
6) The "Whirlwind family" (if you want to call it that) in any case are seemingly tight-knit. Since birth the two brothers although seperated during their early childhood worked on apprenticeship almost simultaneously. The two being child prodigies in their own respect finished their apprenticeship in an unprecedented amount of time (finishing their training when they reached the Kreen equivalent to 10 years old). Upon Green Whirlwind's retirement from adventuring (when Hakka was the Kreen equivalent of 10 years old) he entered the political race to be named King of Thaythilor and won by a landslide. By 13 and 12 years of age respectively (or the Kreen equivalent) Hakka was already leading the front lines of the Thaythilor army against foreign bandit raids and such with Ka'tho helping plan the battle strategies and assisting his father's rule as an official member of his political cabinet.
7) Although not nearly as a renowned as his father yet, in some Kreen circles Hakka has been nicknamed "The Amber Blade" (Thaythilor is essentially built of amber) and "The Guard Arm of Thaythilor". Like most Kreen (despite being far more cultured/well-traveled) he doesn't know how to swim and in particular has something of an anxiety over large bodies of water.
1) As part of his backstory, Hakka is exiled from his home city as a result of being framed for the mysterious murder of his father (with his brother becoming the de facto king of Thaythilor). I'd like to see Hakka solve the mysetery of his father's killer, take vengeance, and prove his innocence to his people.
2) As part of his backstory, the Kreen emperor (who rules from the enigmatic Kreen capital located in the nigh unreachable northern reaches) drafts the best warrior from each of the Kreen cities and notable/note-worthy Thri Kreen packs (in number, a select few) to find the Star Shrine of the Great One and the star shards/pieces required to reach it's hidden power. The first to bring the emperor back this power will be named heir to the throne. I'd like to see Hakka see this quest through.
3) The Emperor is an ominous figure and no Kreen knows much about his past or what he is aside from public appearances and what's leaked out. I'd like to see Hakka discover the Emperor's past.
4) I think it'd be cool if Hakka fulfills a "secret destiny"
1) Hakka being the son of a king of a major Kreen city knows the secret location of the Kreen capital (many Kreen and next to no outside races know the location of the Kreen capital although Kings do stay in communications/contact with the Emperor and on rare occasion regular kreen get notices and news updates from the capital)
2) Somehow Hakka's mother is related to the Great One (whether she was actually the Great One or some sort of divine reincarnation/medium I haven't decided yet). She met and eloped with the Green Whirlwind during a time of struggle among the Kreen people. The Kreen's racial nemesis the Halflings were in a time of arrogance. The Halfling leaders believed they could bring the entire world under the Halfing banner/leadership and were so desperate to do so that they were willing to bring a several million year old ancient demon back from the dead (via ritual) to aid them in their conquest. Unfortunately the Halflings did not anticipate that they could not control the demon and it almost looked as if it would potentially bring about the end of all nations starting with Tyr. The Halflings and Kreen decided to call a temporary truce and join forces to try to defeat the demon. A special task squad was formed of the best Halfling and Kreen warriors available (which featured both The Green Whirlwind in his prime and Hakka's mother) to try to take down the evil spawn. A final assault was launched in a major city in Tyr. In the final assault, all of them were killed except Hakka's parents. Hakka's mother deciding there was no other choice decided to channel the energy of the Great One to sacrifice herself (think big holy energy explosion) to send the demon to the Thri Kreen equivalent to hell. Before she teleported the Green Whirlwind out of the vicinity of the city, she proclaimed that she would return in one form or another.
3) There have been mysterious reports of kreen going missing in the capita city. The Emperor's quest is all a ruse. The Emperor himself was somehow given a soul-sucking music box by a stranger over 100 years ago and has been using it to siphon the souls of his people to keep himself alive and young for FAR longer than the Kreen lifespan allows. In fact, the Emperor has been ruling the Kreen under different guises for several generations. The power in the Star Shrine is an artifact that will allow the Emperor to amplify his music box's powers to levels where he can consume entire nations at a time and net himself "immortality". For every soul that the Emperor "eats" he gains the person's youth and combat ability as well as some of their knowledge/memories.
1) Hakka’s younger brother (by 1 year) “Prince” Ka’tho is something of a foil to Hakka in his skillset. While both were child prodigies, Hakka developed into a fierce warrior with Ka’tho becoming a genius scholar, military strategist, and political mind. The two boys spent a large part of their initial childhood separated from each other due to their differing apprenticeships. In time they learned to love each others like brothers should however. Hakka’s father has tremendously high hopes for Ka’tho and feels that his youngest son’s future is going to be a difference-maker to all Kreen. He feels as if Ka’tho can aid the Kreen race in ways that he could not as a warrior. He sees Ka’tho one day becoming the leader of the Kreen race and leading them into an age of peace and prosperity not with a blade but with his mind. Secretly, Ka’tho harbors a smidge of jealousy towards his older brother for what it seems like (to him) taking his father’s love away (Whirlwind and Hakka act more like brothers than a father and son, while the dynamic regarding Ka’tho is that Whirlwind is particularly strict/hard on him). His nicknames in some Kreen circles are “The Desert Strategist” and “The All-Seeing Eye”.
2) Hakka’s father is none other than one of the more iconic warriors of the Kreen race, The Green Whirlwind. Whirlwind is known as one of the all-time great Kreen adventurers and has written many legendaries tales with his combat skill (which at one time was unable to be matched by anyone in the entire race). He loves both his sons. He and Hakka act more like brothers than father and son (partly because Hakka grew up adventuring with his father). He is particularly hard on his younger son Ka’tho secretly having the highest hopes for him to someday lead the Kreen race to a utopian era of peace with his mind, not by the force of his blade. Whirlwind comes off as a big, jolly, lush/drunk but his resolve couldn’t be clearer when tasked with something important.
3) The Kreen Emperor of the capital city (aptly named “The Forbidden Hive”) is the enigmatic figure that rules over all kreen remotely from his throne. Not much is known about him by the Kreen and even less by outside races. His name as he’s known to the public is “Pat’chka the Kind”. From what he lets the Kreen people see of him, he’s soft-spoken, kind-hearted, almost to the point of femininity. He’s known for his mercy, kindness, and desire for peace. This is a front he puts on however. His true nature is that of a cold, calculated, self-preserving, psychopath whose actions are motivated both by the fear of death which eventually developed into the thrill of taking life/inflicting pain.
1) Like most kreen, he can't swim and has anxiety over large bodies of water
2) Hakka's father instilled some racism towards Halflings feeling as if it was the Halflings that took Hakka's mother away.
3) Hakka for some reason is defensive about his antennae (it's the closest thing the Kreen have to head hair and Hakka likes having his antennae look just right, also it physiologically annoys him). If you're not an accepted clutchmate or at least friend, he's very likely to snap at you
4) Although a brilliant warrior, Hakka was raised in the way of the warrior and was never schooled properly in academics. Therefore despite having a certain degree of regality to his demeanor and persona, doesn’t know how to read or write (this would fit well with the fact that stat-wise INT is a dump stat for him). This typically leads him to have difficulty finding his way in large cities, having to rely on the tracking abilities he developed during his apprenticeship to find his way anywhere.
Ten MInute Background
Name: Castrian Wyxef
1. Castrian was born into a life of priveledge and ease as a Prince of a small kingdom.
2. Castrian was born as the 9th in line for the throne leaving him with little need to prepare to be king and lots of time to do what he wanted, magic.
3. Castrian was removed from the castle to train under the Mage Fellthorn. HIs fathers advisor and life long friend.
4. Castrian was sent to an academy to finish his magical training with no thought as to when he would return home.
5. Castrian loved school and longs to go back there to share his exploits and stories with new students, after he has made a name for himself.
1. Castrian seeks to become an artificier of legend on par with the greatest wizards of antiquity, instead of being seen as another magic mechanic.
2. I would like to see him return home and be a hero for a little bit, and not take the throne.
1. Castrian is scared he will never live up to his father, brothers, or old teacher.
2. Castrian is tied into the magical weave in a way that only sorcerers are known to access magic, he is able to tap into all forms of magic - of course he doesn't realize he is doing it.
1. Motorius: Motorius is Castrian's best friend. They met on the first day at academy and seldom leave other's side. They were a natural match each having bright green eyes, black hair, fine features, and both were distant in the lines of succesion to a throne. The only differences are their ears, as Mortorius is an eladrin. The day they graduated they set out together.
2. Arjan: Arjan also went to school with Castrian and Motorius. Castrain and Motorius were the best in their class. The lessons came easy to them. Arjan was one of the last in their class, his talents were not from a class text. Arjan was one of the best duelists in school, his talents were that of a sorcerer.
3.Jaxian Fellmantle: Jaxian was number 3 at academy. He was consistently outdone and embarrased by Castrian and Motorius. But, Castrian's desire to be an artificier was taken as a personal insult. Jaxian holds onto the bitterness that built up over the years and that bitterness has turned into dangerous obsession.
1. Castrian smiles, alot. He is generally a happy person, this in part due to the naivate about the world around him. He has lived at home, with his first teacher, and at the academy. Almost all knowledge he has about the rest of the world is from books.
2. Castrian is also very blind to the fact he has so little real experience. He is cocky and doesn't understand how little he really knows that is of use in the world.
3. On graduation day Castrian snuck into the Headmasters office and stole a map to an ancient wizards fortress.
This is Castrian early on, he has since been played to lvl 6 and has changed alot since that point, especially with Motorius' death.
Flynt of the Summerwind
looks like this:
-He is outgoing, adventurous, reckless and sure of himself, he easily get drunk though, a glass of wine is enough to make him feel tipsy.
-He is not your usual rogue, he has a talent in thievery and stealth, but has hardly used his sword in battle, instead he uses his other abilities to solve problems. He is not the guy that wants to make his hands dirty unless he has to.
-He left his poor farmer "family" to join an adventuring group, he believes that dungeon delving is the life, but all he actually can think of is the loot and the reputation and fame that goes with it.
the thing that made him leave was when a girl ignored him and charmed an adventurer instead.
-He sees himself as the leader of the group, and always acts like that, authority will not stop him.He has a strong will, if there is a chance of getting famous even though the risk is very high, he will give his all to succeed.
-He used to go inside the city in disguise and steal jewelry and food from citizens in order to have a "luxury" life on the farms. that's how he got so good at thievery and stealth and how he got his equipment.
-become rich and famous, have his own keep, live like a king.
- a moment where he would have to choose between treasure and his group, (very cliche but c'mon) or a moment where he would find his actual parents.
-a moment where he meets winfrey in the city
2 secrets he knows:
-he is always acting like a playboy and sure of himself, but he is actually very insecure and wants to prove himself with these adventures.
-although he seems arrogant at first, he is actually very nice and kind.
-his farmer family is not his real family, they say he has been found in a well, suposedly abondoned and unwanted.
1 secret he doesn't know:
-his farmer is family is not his real family, his real family is a royal one, and he got thrown in a well by his sister because she wanted the throne.
-his sister auriella wintercrown, who tried to kill him, and on notice of his survival, sends assassins.
-his farmer "family" of the summerwind. a fat old father and a hag of a mother. very close relation because he thinks they are the ones that saved him, and he owes them a lot.
- i want him to be friends with a bear somehow, don't know if that's possible
-a daughter from another farmer called winfrey whitewheat, they were close untill she got taken into the city life with an adventurer.
-him growing up with his farmer family with other farmer kids.
-Him discovering the big city and the wonders of fame and money.
-Him almost killing someone to get away for a theft.
i can''t see the stories why?
Greetings, an amazing post but I cannot see the stories on page 1 at original post.