Introduce Yourself! Board Code and Off Topic Nonsense Reconstrionist Third Series

4781 posts / 0 new
Last post
Static was neat, but also really hokey at times.

Shaquille O Neal as a guest star and very special episodes about gun violence are all well and good, but they don't really dovetail too nicely with everything else the DCAU was up to.

Also, KEEEEEEPER
Homestuck's being scary again TAT  



Let's not forget the delightful Kwanzaa special shall we?
Hey, at least they were making the attempt, and to me it always seemed pretty badass regardless. I always liked the central premise of Dakota and the Big Bang. One of these days, when I'm not strugging to pay for school, I'm going to track down a bunch of old Milestone comics and read the hell out of them. Anyway, the Milestone properties don't get a lot of respect, for some reason. I don't think the reason is an objective evaluation of quality, either.

Also, after a marathon session of putting applications together, I stupidly decided to A. read Homestuck's latest update and then B. check out a Rule 34 thread on /b/.

I'm done. I'm just done. My brain is over. Like Prince, I thought Internet was over, but it was not. It was brain. My brain.

 
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Hey, at least they were making the attempt, and to me it always seemed pretty badass regardless. I always liked the central premise of Dakota and the Big Bang. One of these days, when I'm not strugging to pay for school, I'm going to track down a bunch of old Milestone comics and read the hell out of them. Anyway, the Milestone properties don't get a lot of respect, for some reason. I don't think the reason is an objective evaluation of quality, either.

Also, after a marathon session of putting applications together, I stupidly decided to A. read Homestuck's latest update and then B. check out a Rule 34 thread on /b/.

I'm done. I'm just done. My brain is over. Like Prince, I thought Internet was over, but it was not. It was brain. My brain.

 



In fairness, you declared the internet victor at least 2 days ago.

And Static was not one of the better milestone properties. If you want to look into what was actually a really great run, check into Icon. Now THAT was a series. Static boiled down to "hip urban reference yo yo dawg", too often.
At the risk of sounding like a racist, which is objectively the best way to start a sentence, part of the reason why I watched the show was that everyone was black.
Growing up I had noticed that most America media was by and about WASPs, but I was too young to understand why, so for Static Shock to firmly aaaaaaaall of that was infinitely fascinating to me.

And there was that one guy that got turned into an Armadillo.
Armadillos are cool. 
Been meaning to provide this for a while, and finally remembered.  Below is a link to my nomination for Internet Video of the Year (tm).  Very impressed with the overall quality and emotion of it, though I'm certainly no expert, so I'm curious on y'all's take.

thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/tea...
Susan Summerson from the Hell breaks loose Flavorful Voting Game http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29076567/Hell_breaking_loose:_an_Avacyn_Restored_voting_game?pg=1 Click here for more Forum Games:
Show
Susan Summerson also appeared in the Innistrad Mafia Game http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28609371/Innistrad_Mafia?pg=1 Writer of Nally Bear from The Gathering Flavorful Voting Game: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28846821/The_Gathering:_M12_flavorful_voting_game?pg=1 Writer of Phyrex the Myr from Phyrexia Reborn: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/27993097/Phyrexia_Reborn:_A_Flavorful_Voting_Game?pg=1 Writer of Tinker the Myr from Legacy of Karn: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/26647005/Karns_Legacy_(A_flavorful_voting_game) Writer of Crusader Tolkana, who has appeared in: Eldrazi Awaken: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/24071149/Eldrazi_Awaken:_A_flavorful_voting_game?pg=1 Colors of Magic: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/25352501/Colors_of_Magic:_a_flavor_game?pg=1 Guildwars III: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/26082093/Guildwars_III:_Shattered_Pact_(A_flavorful_voting_game)?pg=1 Writer of Isaic from Treasures of Zendikar http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/22819881/Treasures_of_Zendikar?post_id=402182877#402182877
Static Shock managed to give me PSA announcement epidodes without making me angry (Unlike you Star Trek TNG). Static also did a better job of being relatable than other teenage heroes (like Spiderman). I thought that show was pretty cool, not as cool as Batman, but pretty cool.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
I don't think it's racist to say you were attracted to a show because it was less whitebread than most other shows on tv. I mean, it pertains to race, but I have a hard time seeing that as part of a system of exclusion rather than inclusion, you know?

And yeah, I think that's part of what attracted me to Static, too. It was just different from a lot of the other stuff I was seeing, and that was cool.

@Barinellos: Thanks for the tip, I'll check out Icon. 



So, I almost just lost an entire application that I've spent days on and that needs to be sent out in a few hours... due to an inauspicious spilling of Soothing Stress Relief Tea.

The universe is **** with me. I swear. I'm about to do an acrobatic @&$# pirouette off the handle, off the planet, and into space. It'll just be me spinning through the void, screaming.

Thankfully it only took out part of one letter of recommendation, and, of that, an unimportant bit. We're safe. Barely.

[cries]
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Dang, that quote is from early Homestuck, like plush-rump times.

Good to see that your stress relief tea failed to give you a heart attack.

Amusing: ("I Scened a Scene")
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!

So, playing an RPG together. 


* Is there anyone willing to DM? I'm certain we'll have enough players, but without a DM, we'll get nowhere.


* Which system? Dungeons and Dragons (4th edition?) might be the most accessible.

After the official forums lost most of their functionality, a once vibrant community of Vorthos was wiped out.The survivors founded a new place to discuss all things concerning with the art, flavor and storylines of Magic: The Gathering. Come join us.

The only pen and paper RPing I've ever done was with whatever system 40k uses, how translatable is that to any manner of D&D?

Also, I seem proned towards playing dangerous psychotics for whatever reason.
I don't really mean to, it just sort of happens... <_< >_>
I'm about to do an acrobatic @&$# pirouette off the handle, off the planet, and into space. It'll just be me spinning through the void, screaming.



Well it will be nice to have company for a bit.
Well it will be nice to have company for a bit.



Funniest thing I've read today.
I'm about to do an acrobatic @&$# pirouette off the handle, off the planet, and into space. It'll just be me spinning through the void, screaming.



Well it will be nice to have company for a bit.

This just made my day so much better.


This, and TED-esque Talks.
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
"To Rebuild a Nation, simply take your pants off"
"Viral Marketing with Swarming Assassain Drones"
"My Big Data, Your Fractal Curves. Let's Make Chaos"

You really brightened my day Keeper.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
I personally vote for 40k Dark Heresy (as this is the only RPG I've played) but I realize this is a Wizards forum. Also, while I'd dearly love to play a game like that with all of you wonderful people, I regrettably can't take time away from getting assraped by my military workload to sit down and enjoy an intellectually- and creatively-stimulating roleplay. Sad days. Sad days indeed.
WHO AM I?
HARDER THAN DIAMONDS STRONGER THAN STEEL AND BURSTING WITH VIGOR. THAT'S THE WAY THE BEAST ENGINE PLAYS.
PROUD BEARER OF THE MOST INCORRECT THING JIVANMUKTA'S READ ON THESE FORUMS YET AWARD. SO BRING IT ON. ALL OF YOU. I have taken the top of the mountain and I will accept all challenges. Attack me, all at once if you must! I will never falter! THE ONLY GLORY IS IN DEATH. AND DON'T FORGET TO COWER BEFORE THE METALLIC MIGHT OF JUSTICE.
My love of Games Workshop and love of Wizards actually grow at about the same time, only the prohibitive expense of playing Games Workshop properties eventually made me choose (Heck, I cut my teeth on internet forums, role playing, and creative writing simultaniously on Warhammer forums).

Then again, I played Warhammer original, not 40K. 
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!

So, playing an RPG together. 


* Is there anyone willing to DM? I'm certain we'll have enough players, but without a DM, we'll get nowhere.


* Which system? Dungeons and Dragons (4th edition?) might be the most accessible.




I have DMed 3.5 DnD for the better part of six years. Didn't have the money or mindset to make the switch to 4.0. If you're willing, though, I can DM a 3.5 campaign, or some sort of rough amalgamation of one.
The only pen and paper RPing I've ever done was with whatever system 40k uses, how translatable is that to any manner of D&D?

Also, I seem proned towards playing dangerous psychotics for whatever reason.
I don't really mean to, it just sort of happens... <_< >_>



I have no idea, really. I've only played D&D, but I assume most RPGs follow the system of "roll dice, add modifier". 


Playing a dangerous psycho can be problematic, because most problems will be solved with "Warhammer diplomacy."

After the official forums lost most of their functionality, a once vibrant community of Vorthos was wiped out.The survivors founded a new place to discuss all things concerning with the art, flavor and storylines of Magic: The Gathering. Come join us.

I personally vote for 40k Dark Heresy (as this is the only RPG I've played) but I realize this is a Wizards forum. Also, while I'd dearly love to play a game like that with all of you wonderful people, I regrettably can't take time away from getting assraped by my military workload to sit down and enjoy an intellectually- and creatively-stimulating roleplay. Sad days. Sad days indeed.



Roll 99 on the Psyker insanity chart. Accidently summon greater daemon to kill team. All the other players stare at you.

"The fuel on which science runs is ignorance. Science is like a hungry furnace that must be fed logs from the forests of ignorance that surround us. In the process, the clearing we call knowledge expands, but the more it expands, the longer its perimeter and the more ignorance comes into view." -Matt Ridley, Genome

I wanna role play! I promise not to stink up the joint!

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Can you do RPG's on a forum-post basis?  If so, I'm all for it.  I don't think I'd have the time to devote a block of time for a game, though.
Susan Summerson from the Hell breaks loose Flavorful Voting Game http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29076567/Hell_breaking_loose:_an_Avacyn_Restored_voting_game?pg=1 Click here for more Forum Games:
Show
Susan Summerson also appeared in the Innistrad Mafia Game http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28609371/Innistrad_Mafia?pg=1 Writer of Nally Bear from The Gathering Flavorful Voting Game: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28846821/The_Gathering:_M12_flavorful_voting_game?pg=1 Writer of Phyrex the Myr from Phyrexia Reborn: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/27993097/Phyrexia_Reborn:_A_Flavorful_Voting_Game?pg=1 Writer of Tinker the Myr from Legacy of Karn: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/26647005/Karns_Legacy_(A_flavorful_voting_game) Writer of Crusader Tolkana, who has appeared in: Eldrazi Awaken: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/24071149/Eldrazi_Awaken:_A_flavorful_voting_game?pg=1 Colors of Magic: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/25352501/Colors_of_Magic:_a_flavor_game?pg=1 Guildwars III: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/26082093/Guildwars_III:_Shattered_Pact_(A_flavorful_voting_game)?pg=1 Writer of Isaic from Treasures of Zendikar http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/22819881/Treasures_of_Zendikar?post_id=402182877#402182877
Can you do RPG's on a forum-post basis?  If so, I'm all for it.  I don't think I'd have the time to devote a block of time for a game, though.



I don't see why you couldn't.


Edit: Where the hell did my dice go?


After the official forums lost most of their functionality, a once vibrant community of Vorthos was wiped out.The survivors founded a new place to discuss all things concerning with the art, flavor and storylines of Magic: The Gathering. Come join us.

Can you do RPG's on a forum-post basis?  If so, I'm all for it.  I don't think I'd have the time to devote a block of time for a game, though.



I don't see why you couldn't.


Edit: Where the hell did my dice go?





I took them! They're ALL MINE NOW!
Bwahahahahahaha!
We had a "Native American Shaman" come up for rituals and vision quests and such. I spoke with him. I can't outright call people out, like: So do you enjoy exploiting both your culture and the stupidity of my fellow Americans? But I can observe. Dude was getting more ass than a toilet seat. Truth is, I'd probably do it too. He was also making bank.



Most of them aren't really Indians, hilariously enough. I mean, the guy in the Earth Day ad, his parents were from Venice.

We actually had fun with them on alt.native, before it was taken over by the wannabes.

Honestly, I don't see how someone could look at a polio vaccine, compare it to homeopathy, and say that any system is equally worthy of our respect, and science is really just another belief. It's just... deathly stupid. Literally deathly stupid. It is a position that is both stupid and inevitably leads to preventable death.



Agreed. The big problem is that they assume supplements will be "safe and effective", when a medicine can only be "safe in doses below X, effective in doses above X". Then there are the "lie about our origin crowd". (Echniacea began on the medicine show circuit. It was claimed to be an Indian treatment for rabies because white people thought we were all dogs anyway.)

In addition, some medical procedures are largely folklore. For instance, one we can see in real time is using "low-fat" diet as a stand-in for "low-calorie" diet, and adding "low-cholesterol", as if cholesterol contained calories (or had as much influence on blood cholesterol levels as the type of fat you eat). As another example, circumcision was touted to cure paraplegia in the 19th century by means of "energy fields"; obviously it doesn't, but no less than Lewis Sayre was convinced it did. (It was then picked up by the "colon-detox crowd" as a treatment for masturbation, and from there became a cure or preventive measure for every disease known to man and twice that many imagined diseases.)

Woo can develop from legitimate medicine as well. Enemas have a use in medicine, but "colon cleansing" isn't it. Mostly they're done to prep for colonoscopy.

The real problem with these people is that they create a strawman for the defender of a procedure that needs reformed. For instance, John Salamone had a lot of trouble convincing public health advocates to use the (dead) Salk vaccine over the (live) Sabin vaccine (after the latter gave his son polio), because...Barbara Loe Fischer exists. The Sabin vaccine does, in about 1 in 4 million cases, cause polio, but the Salk vaccine can't. Even with that, for instance, most vaccines are grown in egg, which can be a problem for children allergic to egg.

I myself ran into this issue during the Iraq war. Us sane people who said Saddam didn't have smallpox versus the crazies who had issues with vaccines. A real divide in the antiwar crowd.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I think that that's a somewhat loaded statement as the overwhelming majority of complaints I hear are
A) tryhards bitching about her card who are unable to distinguish the game from the story, the wretched troglodytes
B) people complaining about not liking her as a person, which is not the same as not liking her as a character  

   
I think that that's a somewhat loaded statement as the overwhelming majority of complaints I hear are
A) tryhards bitching about her card who are unable to distinguish the game from the story, the wretched troglodytes
B) people complaining about not liking her as a person, which is not the same as not liking her as a character  

   



Most issues I saw people making were that she was a fairly unlikeable person who was pushed as being sympathetic.  If she's used appropriately, she could be fine.
Susan Summerson from the Hell breaks loose Flavorful Voting Game http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29076567/Hell_breaking_loose:_an_Avacyn_Restored_voting_game?pg=1 Click here for more Forum Games:
Show
Susan Summerson also appeared in the Innistrad Mafia Game http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28609371/Innistrad_Mafia?pg=1 Writer of Nally Bear from The Gathering Flavorful Voting Game: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28846821/The_Gathering:_M12_flavorful_voting_game?pg=1 Writer of Phyrex the Myr from Phyrexia Reborn: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/27993097/Phyrexia_Reborn:_A_Flavorful_Voting_Game?pg=1 Writer of Tinker the Myr from Legacy of Karn: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/26647005/Karns_Legacy_(A_flavorful_voting_game) Writer of Crusader Tolkana, who has appeared in: Eldrazi Awaken: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/24071149/Eldrazi_Awaken:_A_flavorful_voting_game?pg=1 Colors of Magic: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/25352501/Colors_of_Magic:_a_flavor_game?pg=1 Guildwars III: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/26082093/Guildwars_III:_Shattered_Pact_(A_flavorful_voting_game)?pg=1 Writer of Isaic from Treasures of Zendikar http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/22819881/Treasures_of_Zendikar?post_id=402182877#402182877
Interestingly, it implies that TAMIYO got at least a lukewarm rather than hostile reception. That's good news. And it also tells us that they are specifically separating out character from card. Whether their audience has the intelligence to do the same is still up in the air.
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Considering the public opinion of Jace seems to be that he's a condescending emo douche, I doubt it.

Also, Keeper, what the high holy hell is going on in Homestuck.
This is weird to the power of weird.  
Yeah, part of my current cynicism about people's ability to read media competently comes from the response to the recent updates... although I'm not sure if that's Homestuck fans being incompetent or Reddit being a cesspool of idiocy. >_>

As far as the actual content?

Fffffffffffffffffffiddlesticks if I know.

I've got a few thoughts, though. For one thing, I don't think it's ACTUALLY as much of a joke at the expense of socially conscious fans as it looks. I mean, no other aspect of Trickster Mode has been treated as anything other than terrifying and weird, and one of Homestuck's canon principles is that Abstraction Rules Everything. And Hussie is pretty unambiguously up front about his irritation at people who scour the archives for "proof" that the kids are all white and anyone who depicts them otherwise should stop. I mean, if nothing else, shouldn't the fact that Caliborn is really into what's going on be an indicator that we shouldn't read this as "Ah yes, Hussie is saying that the kids are white and these uppity fans should just get over it"?

In fact, I would actually argue that this is a violation of the fundamental relationship between the reader and the text where wide swaths of territory are left open for our interpretation by conscious design. He wants Trickster Mode to seem like a violation of the laws of the game itself in a way that even other fourth wall breaking stuff (Caliborn breaking the website, or Doc Scratch hijacking the comic) aren't.

Who honestly knows though. This is a weird, weird story arc.

Also, holy hell, the comic is fractally structured. Whaaaaaaaat 
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Reddit being a cesspool of idiocy. >_>

Never been there myself, but I'm told as much.

 no other aspect of Trickster Mode has been treated as anything other than terrifying and weird,

This
And Hussie is pretty unambiguously up front about his irritation at people who scour the archives for "proof" that the kids are all white and anyone who depicts them otherwise should stop.

...This kind of sounds like how Brady said that we'll never get solid timelines or maps for anything. :I

Also, holy hell, the comic is fractally structured. Whaaaaaaaat 


pardon?

Also, didn't at one point Dave make a crack about Jane's grandad being racist because he was a southern gentleman?
Golly, it would be weird if Jake turned out to be racist. :I
Reddit being a cesspool of idiocy. >_>

Never been there myself, but I'm told as much.

 no other aspect of Trickster Mode has been treated as anything other than terrifying and weird,

This
And Hussie is pretty unambiguously up front about his irritation at people who scour the archives for "proof" that the kids are all white and anyone who depicts them otherwise should stop.

...This kind of sounds like how Brady said that we'll never get solid timelines or maps for anything. :I

Also, holy hell, the comic is fractally structured. Whaaaaaaaat 


pardon?

Also, didn't at one point Dave make a crack about Jane's grandad being racist because he was a southern gentleman?
Golly, it would be weird if Jake turned out to be racist. :I



The only thing I've got for fractal structures is that smaller details echo larger patterns. Not entirely sure if that's what Keeper was going for, however.

On a side note, I've gotten a coupon for a free book from Baen, from a limited, but large, selection. I have narrowed it down to three choices:

Chicks n' Chained Males: A collection of short stories featuring well armed ladies running about rescuing dudes in distress from evil witches and wicked dragons, with a decent amount of humor.

The Excalibur Alternative: A group of aliens kidnaps a Roman Legion to use as mercs on low tech worlds against the proxies of other aliens. So the second group of aliens goes and kidnaps a group of English Longbowmen. Its at that point things start to go wrong...

Dead On My Feet: Guy gets a blood transfusion from Dracula. Now he's being haunted by his dead wife, he's dating a jealous werewolf, and the local zombies keep stopping by for advice...

Thoughts? Votes?
Reddit being a cesspool of idiocy. >_>

Never been there myself, but I'm told as much.


It's not better or worse than any other part of the internet (except you guys, but you guys are amazingly exceptional). I've had good discussions on the HPMOR-subreddit and it's a good way to catch up with news and other tidbits, as long as you stay out of the major subreddits. 

After the official forums lost most of their functionality, a once vibrant community of Vorthos was wiped out.The survivors founded a new place to discuss all things concerning with the art, flavor and storylines of Magic: The Gathering. Come join us.

This makes me wonder how much of the content in Homestuck goes completely over my head because I stoically refuse to look in to anything the fanbase does. O.o

Edit: Oooooh, Jake just got the Gamzee treatment. I suppose there are plenty of paralells... Minus one being a clown and the other a, what? Adventurer/Big-Game Hunter/Billionaire? I don't even remember all the titles. 
Yeah, Deckhopper's got what I meant. Remember how the original act five was also broken into two parts? Act six subact five is also the first to be broken into two parts. If this continues act six subact six will have six parts with the fifth in two parts and the sixth broken into six parts of which... and so on.

I would go with the Excalibur Alternative, personally. That sounds cool.

Hm, I should hang out in the HPMOR reddit more... or uh, MOR. 
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
This makes me wonder how much of the content in Homestuck goes completely over my head because I stoically refuse to look in to anything the fanbase does. O.o 



Which is kind of ironic given the amount of content Homestuck has done explicitly because of fan involvement.

@Deckhopper: I'd pick the Excalibur Alternative. The premise sounds like Deadliest Warrior in book-form. And with aliens.


I've also started reading Homestuck because I'm a poser who wants to conform to the group. 


It's intriguing. 

After the official forums lost most of their functionality, a once vibrant community of Vorthos was wiped out.The survivors founded a new place to discuss all things concerning with the art, flavor and storylines of Magic: The Gathering. Come join us.


@Deckhopper: I'd pick the Excalibur Alternative. The premise sounds like Deadliest Warrior in book-form. And with aliens.


I've also started reading Homestuck because I'm a poser who wants to conform to the group. 


It's intriguing. 




It's probably one of the bestworst decisions you will ever make.

@Keeper
Ow, my brain.

@Yxoque
 Careful, its crazy compelling.
One might get

stuck

reading it, especially at

homGod I hate myself.