Run! It's a lion!

33 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
The link is broken

Anyway, once during a picnic my friends and I had we saw a baby bear. It was so adorable but we had to run inside. Not so secretly I wanted to cuddle it but of course I know better than to try... 
IMAGE(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/RockNrollBabe20/Charmed-supernatural-and-charmed_zps8bd4125f.jpg)
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
What is this I don't even.
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

someone shaved their dog to look like a cat!? What is the matter with people!?
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
That's horrible. I don't understand why anyone would do that...
IMAGE(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/RockNrollBabe20/Charmed-supernatural-and-charmed_zps8bd4125f.jpg)
That looks nothing like a lion. Unless you're from NJ, I guess.
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Resident Invisible Man Lurker in the House of Trolls A Testament to My Glory
That looks nothing like a lion. Unless you're from NJ, I guess.

Its because people likely do not look close enough to actually see it. They see a mane and then assume. Well that doesn't account for the stupid people who believe him when he tells them its a dog-lion....lol. 
You don't have to look closely. Dogs and cats (big or small) are built completely differently (just look at the head.) And a lion the size of a dog like that isn't going to have a mane.
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Resident Invisible Man Lurker in the House of Trolls A Testament to My Glory
They see a mane and then assume.

That is the problem. People assume concepts because they don't want to think critically.

That is the problem. People assume concepts because they don't want to think critically.

I'm not going to deny that people simply do not want to think critically but I think it even goes beyond that. Those people might have other priorities and perhaps panic too over. Who knows. Maybe the dog was running around and only a glimpse was gotten. If it wasn't quiet though then it should have been more than obvious... haha. 

You don't have to look closely. Dogs and cats (big or small) are built completely differently (just look at the head.) And a lion the size of a dog like that isn't going to have a mane.

Egg-zaktly.  No baby lion got no mane never.  Don't work that way.  Peeps be dummin', yo.
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

I'm not going to deny that people simply do not want to think critically but I think it even goes beyond that. Those people might have other priorities and perhaps panic too over. Who knows. Maybe the dog was running around and only a glimpse was gotten. If it wasn't quiet though then it should have been more than obvious... haha. 

Humans are strange creatures. As had been stated previously, labrador retriever-sized lions don't have manes. That requires little cognition to understand that even with a glimpse, the perceived anomaly wasn't a lion. 

Then you have the humans that apparently believe that this "labradoddle" (humans come up with the most peculiar names) is a lab-a-lion. Critical thinking (and a basic understanding of biology) would have allowed those humans to deduce that canines and felines are incapable of breeding, thus a lab-a-lion would be theoretically impossible without genetic engineering that I doubt humans are currently capable of.

I will concur with ZB. "Peeps be dummin' ".

Humans are strange creatures. As had been stated previously, labrador retriever-sized lions don't have manes. That requires little cognition to understand that even with a glimpse, the perceived anomaly wasn't a lion. 

Then you have the humans that apparently believe that this "labradoddle" (humans come up with the most peculiar names) is a lab-a-lion. Critical thinking (and a basic understanding of biology) would have allowed those humans to deduce that canines and felines are incapable of breeding, thus a lab-a-lion would be theoretically impossible without genetic engineering that I doubt humans are currently capable of.

I will concur with ZB. "Peeps be dummin' ".

I'm not saying that people aren't being dumb because it is dumb to not pay enough attention to the obvious. I'm saying that people see a mane and automatically assume lion without realizing that durrr small lions don't have manes. They take action without thinking. On a different note the owner of that dog is stupid because his dog looks retarded like that. He's a dog- not a lion. Poor thing.
I'm not saying that people aren't being dumb because it is dumb to not pay enough attention to the obvious. I'm saying that people see a mane and automatically assume lion without realizing that durrr small lions don't have manes. They take action without thinking.

Translation: peeps be dummin', yo.  ;)

On a different note the owner of that dog is stupid because his dog looks retarded like that. He's a dog- not a lion. Poor thing.

Bit o' insight for the day: dogs don't really care what they look like so long as they're treated well.

Section Six Soldier

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

I suppose that will be enough since we seem to be on the same metaphorical page that humans are being dumb.
I'm not saying that people aren't being dumb because it is dumb to not pay enough attention to the obvious. I'm saying that people see a mane and automatically assume lion without realizing that durrr small lions don't have manes. They take action without thinking.

Translation: peeps be dummin', yo.  ;)

On a different note the owner of that dog is stupid because his dog looks retarded like that. He's a dog- not a lion. Poor thing.

Bit o' insight for the day: dogs don't really care what they look like so long as they're treated well.

Lol, I care! 

That being said, cat's are better than dogs. Although I wish my cat would come inside more. She's a crazy little hunter and loves jumping straight up trees! She's part Maine Coon. 
That being said, cat's are better than dogs. Although I wish my cat would come inside more. She's a crazy little hunter and loves jumping straight up trees! She's part Maine Coon. 

Cats suck.  Your relationship is on their terms - which makes you their pet.  I guess that's cool in a sort of creepy-kinky way.

My brother has a cat named Simba who's part Maine Coon (he, like two of the other three, is a rescue).  He's the laziest li'l bastard you'll ever meet - especially when the fireplace is on.

Section Six Soldier

Cats suck.  Your relationship is on their terms - which makes you their pet.  I guess that's cool in a sort of creepy-kinky way.

Serpents are more entertaining anyways.

My brother has a cat named Simba who's part Maine Coon (he, like two of the other three, is a rescue).  He's the laziest li'l bastard you'll ever meet - especially when the fireplace is on.

My cat's brother was kind of lazy. We believe that a crazy dude up the street was drunk and confused him with a possum. Now, we just have Max's sister. Poor baby, she really misses her brother a lot. Max and Taz were strays who followed another cat I had home. My old cat was a pet shop cat and honestly he turned out terribly. He got mean and left us but before that he brought us Max and Taz. Max and Taz were the product of someone who doesn't believe in spaying their cat. The cat got pregant and let her roam around which well many around here used to let their cat's roam but they'd spay and neuter with regular vet visits. A neighbor allowed the kittens to sleep under her porch until they followed my cat home. Then we took them in and after we found they were no one's and needed a home we kept them and got them shots/neutered. Then cats started disappearing and we were confused. This was a cat neighborhood. Now they are gone except Taz. Thank God that creep is in jail. On Thanksgiving he barracaided himself in with hostages and guns so he's in jail and lost his house. Later they found cat skeletons. Max and Taz would hunt in that area and we highly suspect since he was the friendliest kitty ever he was shot. Taz is more skittish which is good and bad. Good because it probably is why she didn't get shot but bad because now we have dogs we are extended pet-sitting and its not meshing well.... 

Not really.  I mean, I've had 'em.  Just not what you think they'd be.  Although if they get big enough they can eat cats ... hmm ...

My cat's brother was kind of lazy. We believe that a crazy dude up the street was drunk and confused him with a possum. Now, we just have Max's sister. Poor baby, she really misses her brother a lot. Max and Taz were strays who followed another cat I had home. My old cat was a pet shop cat and honestly he turned out terribly. He got mean and left us but before that he brought us Max and Taz. Max and Taz were the product of someone who doesn't believe in spaying their cat. The cat got pregant and let her roam around which well many around here used to let their cat's roam but they'd spay and neuter with regular vet visits. A neighbor allowed the kittens to sleep under her porch until they followed my cat home. Then we took them in and after we found they were no one's and needed a home we kept them and got them shots/neutered. Then cats started disappearing and we were confused. This was a cat neighborhood. Now they are gone except Taz. Thank God that creep is in jail. On Thanksgiving he barracaided himself in with hostages and guns so he's in jail and lost his house. Later they found cat skeletons. Max and Taz would hunt in that area and we highly suspect since he was the friendliest kitty ever he was shot. Taz is more skittish which is good and bad. Good because it probably is why she didn't get shot but bad because now we have dogs we are extended pet-sitting and its not meshing well.... 

I ... I never imagined I'd find myself bored listening to a woman tell me about her kitty.  What's become of me!?!

Section Six Soldier

Not really.  I mean, I've had 'em.  Just not what you think they'd be.  Although if they get big enough they can eat cats ... hmm ...

I ... I never imagined I'd find myself bored listening to a woman tell me about her kitty.  What's become of me!?!

You are on the right metaphorical track.

Much like your favorite character, nobody wants to hear about your stupid pet.  That applies to everyone ever. 

Section Six Soldier

Im thinking somebody never had a pet growing up.
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
I am certain at least one individual didn't have a pet as a child.
Eh.  I always had dogs in the house up until I first moved into a dorm.  But you still won't see my talking about any of the dogs, fish, gerbils, or bird.  It's sorta like talking about your D&D character... it might be really cool, but nine times out of ten, no one is gonna care.

So go find yourself someone that does care.  You'll both enjoy it a lot more.1
________
1This is general advice to anyone that wants to discuss a niche interest. 
Resident Over-Educated Ivory-Tower Elitist [You don't have the Need-to-Know for that, citizen]
Eh.  I always had dogs in the house up until I first moved into a dorm.  But you still won't see my talking about any of the dogs, fish, gerbils, or bird.  It's sorta like talking about your D&D character... it might be really cool, but nine times out of ten, no one is gonna care.

________

So true.
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

________

/Tee hee.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
bizzare... thats like saying I own a ridgeback  and tell people I own a dog thats part hyeena...
a mask everyone has at least two of, one they wear in public and another they wear in private.....

________

Wait, so all the times ive told you guys about my D&D chareacters, you, you never really cared!?

And you only had one bird? Possible you only had one fish too being as fish could be singular or plural, stupid English language. 
FOR MANDALORE the Ultimate
a mask everyone has at least two of, one they wear in public and another they wear in private.....

I only ever tell pet stories after somebody brings up the subject, and only the ones that are actually interesting stories.
 Like the time my big ugly mutt of a cat named Tommy got chased up a tree by a local great dane that had killed a couple of the local smaller dogs - and then kamikazied the thing from 20 feet up, dug in with all claws and pulled a hurricanrana Rey Mysterio would have been proud of... It took more than 30 stitches to put the dane's face back on, and from then on it ran like hell whenever it saw the cat coming. I'm not a big cat person but Tommy was pretty cool for a cat - he was a total bastard. We eventually found him paws up on our back deck, poisoned after he knocked up a papered Siamese in the neighborhood, lol.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...