11 Extra Cards in Dragons Maze - Speculation

36 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dragons Maze has 156 Cards compared to 145 in a Normal Small Set.  What might these 11 Extra cards be?

Mafia Game Slots:

1. Open

2. Hundred Acres (Dead Town)

3. Open

4. Open

5. Open

6. Open

One for each guild and an extra colourless/five-colour?
Might be odd-ball reprints of the Guildgates and Transguild Promenade.  Given that it will be 1 pack each in draft settings, the likelihood of getting the mana-fixing you need will be pretty dang low, and it would make some sense for draft play to include them in the common spots in Maze.  Granted, reprints in a single set have never happened to my knowledge, but given the setting it seems at least possible with limited in mind.  It would terribly unexciting, however.

3 colour dual guild banners?
Multicolored split cards a la Dissension?  Perhaps with hybrid mana this time?
A cycle of some sort. Really can't predict much more than that this far out though. I am curious though.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
dragons?
Guild champions?
One card in each booster pack is a two faced card again?

Coming up with weird ideas to make everyone happy since 2008!

I have now started a blog as an appropriate place to put my crazy ideas.

Legendary Nephilims?
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
Pirates?
Werewolves? ...wait.
A wise man on film sequels:
Watching sequels to really good films is like visiting a bollock kicking parlour, paying your money and then proceeding to get your bollocks kicked...then leaving and returning at a later date to repeat the process. -iamthehollow
Decks: :R::G: Karn Tron :R::U: Bloody Fish There Will Be Blood (movie).
Clamfolk?
Golden Tickets?
Came for the flavor, stayed for the game. (10/4/2013: Discovered that I suppose I most closely resemble a Vorthos player, right after my odd obsession with making hyper-budget but effective decks and right before being a Johnny)
Boosters inside boosters?

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Clamfolk?

Legendary Creature - Mutant Clam Rebel

11 body parts that when fused together become ... voltron?
I actually like the "reprint" Guildgates/Promenade idea. It'd be good for drafting.
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

Nine new variations of Terramorphic Expanse/Evolving Wilds.

Or Terramorphic Expanse and fetch lands.
57170298 wrote:
Borrowing the East Wind (P3) - Haha, it's like Hurricane but for horsemanship? That makes hilariously little sense. "Oh man, the wind is so much worse up on this horse."
57044478 wrote:
Jon Finkel can win a Magic tournament with a ham sandwich. That doesn't mean ham sandwiches are now the metagame breaker.
97820278 wrote:
Koth: I'm the first viable red planeswalker. Who are you? Tibalt: I'm a two-mana red planeswalker. Koth: I'm the last viable red planeswalker.
Functional guildgate reprints?
11 unique artworks for Naturalize.
Frog Lizard tokens?
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Fetchlands that fetch gates untapped.
Champions plus a guildless 5 colour? Perhaps a reborn old Rav character in spirit form? Super enchantment to remake the Guildpact? Possibly something off the wall for flavor reasons.

EDH: Kresh, the Bloodbraided

In Swansea? PM me if youre up for an EDH game or two!

I am Red/Green
I am Red/Green

Eldrazi obviously.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
Eldrazi obviously.

No, its wedge colored legendary Phyrexian Eldrazi fighting legendary Nephilim that are being lead by a legendary Werewolf.
Reprint of the Black Lotus plus a new dual-color Mox for each guild.

Tongue Out
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Reprint of the Black Lotus plus a new dual-color Mox for each guild.

Tongue Out

Add any color combination, and get rid of the sac cost and you have yourself a deal.
1 Guildhall land for each guild, plus 1 Generic.
IMAGE(http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p268/TsengFox/20804.jpg)
Power 9, Storm Crow and Chimney Imp.
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

My money's on ten split cards (5 wedge 5 shard), and one weird card (five colour? Colourless? Reaper King-esque mana cost?) that's the prize in the middle of the maze. Think something like Conflux.
I have been wondering If a small set had room for 10 legendary creatures aka guild champions.   Reprinting the gates for Limited purposes does have  some merit or at least the need it addresses has merit.  There will be some mana fixing at common.   
The eleventh card will be awesome rare that got pushed my development then changed to common Laughing

My money's on ten split cards (5 wedge 5 shard), and one weird card (five colour? Colourless? Reaper King-esque mana cost?) that's the prize in the middle of the maze. Think something like Conflux.

Its possible the champions can be doe this way.
Much as I hate to be a spoilsport, I doubt they even have a specific concept of which 11 cards of the set are the "extras". They just needed more room in the set, so they made it 11 cards bigger. It's not like they made a full set that worked, then went "You know, let's make another cycle for kicks and giggles and throw it in there."

Rules Nut Advisor
I just realized that it is already a fact that there are going to be tool lands in dragons maze, so im guessing thats what they are. But what of the 11...
11 Nicol Bolases.
Much as I hate to be a spoilsport, I doubt they even have a specific concept of which 11 cards of the set are the "extras". They just needed more room in the set, so they made it 11 cards bigger. It's not like they made a full set that worked, then went "You know, let's make another cycle for kicks and giggles and throw it in there."

But they could not have room for something, even though they would be cool unless they decided to up the size a bit.