opportunity attack Question

47 posts / 0 new
Last post
I wasn't talking about a power, i was talking about disarming an enemy in a general sense when you make one prisoner for exemple...

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

You are mixing up in-combat mechanics with out-of-combat fluff.
Back to Basics - A Guide to Basic Attacks You might be playing DnD wrong if... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
I think you are the one mixing up things bro, i made no reference to in or out of combat mechanic whatsoever. 

But if you want powers, there's the Fighter power Exorcism of Steel,  Jarlaxle Baenre's power Flashy Disarm and Shadar-kai Weaponmaster's power Disarming Strike. They are far less likely to happen than disarming foes subdued after combat though.

Yan
Montréal, Canada

You said taking people prisoner, there are no rules for doing that in-combat.
Back to Basics - A Guide to Basic Attacks You might be playing DnD wrong if... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
You can also disarm an Helpless creature with the Pick-up An Item action. (RC 246)

Yan
Montréal, Canada

When a monster does it to a PC there is no issue, it is rules defined.

The only way a PC can do it to a monster is via one power (which is rather badly worded) and through helplessness which provides a "disarmed" status, that actually has no effect on monster statistics. Though usually at the point a monster is helpless you are better off just CdGing them and then wrapping up the combat.