Superior Implement Training not working in Character Gen tool? or am I doing something wrong?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi, I created a dwarf cleric, typical dwarf cleric build...took the versitile feat (holy symbol and mace)...then a few other ones that simply do stuff for healing...at at level 12, his to hit with his implement is +17...I had an extra feat, so I decided to take Superior Implement Training (Accurate Symbol). I then equiped him with a Champion's Acurate Symbol...however, there was no boost to his accuracy, it still shows up as +17...when I look at the power breakdown (by clicking on the power), there is no indication that it is adding it (even when you stack feats that aren't stackable, it shows up and says so)...in this case, there is nothing that indicates accurate...

Now, to test this, I also have a wizard...I went ahead and added superior implement training (accurate staff) to his feats and it did show up just fine.

Is this an issue with the Char Gen or is this an issue with clerics?
Hi, I created a dwarf cleric, typical dwarf cleric build...took the versitile feat (holy symbol and mace)...then a few other ones that simply do stuff for healing...at at level 12, his to hit with his implement is +17...I had an extra feat, so I decided to take Superior Implement Training (Accurate Symbol). I then equiped him with a Champion's Acurate Symbol...however, there was no boost to his accuracy, it still shows up as +17...when I look at the power breakdown (by clicking on the power), there is no indication that it is adding it (even when you stack feats that aren't stackable, it shows up and says so)...in this case, there is nothing that indicates accurate...

Now, to test this, I also have a wizard...I went ahead and added superior implement training (accurate staff) to his feats and it did show up just fine.

Is this an issue with the Char Gen or is this an issue with clerics?

I think it has to do with holy symbols.  I tried to reproduce the problem and got the exact same thing you did. 

I then took my test cleric, and selected the theme primordial adept, which grants the ability to use rods as an implement.  I swapped out accurate holy symbol for accurate rod, then selected from versatile expertise, rod.  I checked my power card, and my bonus went from +17 to +18, and listed a +1 bonus for superior implement (rod).
Not not just Clerics, its Holy Symbols in general. As always, check your work when it comes out of the character builder, and consult with your DM. You can look into the break down of the powers in question. Select the power in the builder, and on the right it should break down your attack, damage, and additional effects. 

The problem only gets worse as you continue to level up. My latest epic character had errors on five of his attack powers, a resistance wasn't on the sheet, and several of his PP powers were blank. I even had to rewrite two of my powers, because they were just plain wrong. If you glance over at the char op board, you will see tons of posts in "simple question, simple answer" related to the woes of the character builder. Always, always, check your work!
Sign In to post comments