Introduce Yourself! Board Code and Off Topic Nonsense Reconstrionist Third Series

4781 posts / 0 new
Last post
Welcome to the Flavor and Storyline board

This forum is for the discussion of anything and everything involving flavor. Flavor texts, names, worlds, storylines, books, characters, web-comics, the color pie, authors, fanfiction, and anything else that makes the multiverse of Magic: The Gathering such an awesome place.

These forums are designed to foster an open discussion on flavor. That is, don't feel too restricted in your commentary. If you like something, you're free to talk about that; if you dislike something, share that as well. 

We ask that you be courteous to your fellow posters. We also ask that you refrane from making personal attacks against authors and artists while here. There is a long history of Magic fans alienating the creative folks behind the storyline. This does not rule out constructive criticism, and complaining is almost a professional sport for some of us, of course, but if this forum is filled with hate speech and irrational arguments then there is little hope that anyone new would want to post here. And worse still, there is little hope that anyone from Magic's Creative Team would want to post here, either. So keep it cool, keep it respectful, and try to reserve your flames for the truly deserving.

What can I look forward to in this forum?

You'll find here great discussions on almost anything flavor based. 

Furthermore, many of us are involved with the Magic: Expanded Multiverse project, which seeks both to archive and preserve official works of fiction, old and new, and to create a cohesive expanded canon for Magic, filled with art, stories, poems and comics created by the fans, for the fans. You can find the product of our efforts in the slowly expanding archive.

Also we are fortunate to have Brady Dommermuth, Magic's Creative Director, answering questions in his very own thread (although please read through his answers before asking a question that may already have received a response!), and various authors past and present stick their noses in from time to time. Robert Wintermute, Ari Marmell, Laura Resnik, and Pete Venters all have appeared here, and still do from time to time, so keep an eye out for their posts.




In summary, come in, pull up a chair, grab your drink of choice and enjoy the company of your fellow Vorthosi. Vorthoses. Vorthosilim. Flavor lovers, shall we say?

Introduce yourself here, and be welcomed into the community!




Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Alright. The Underworld is mine, because no sane man would choose it as his domain. Now fight over the rest.
WHO AM I?
HARDER THAN DIAMONDS STRONGER THAN STEEL AND BURSTING WITH VIGOR. THAT'S THE WAY THE BEAST ENGINE PLAYS.
PROUD BEARER OF THE MOST INCORRECT THING JIVANMUKTA'S READ ON THESE FORUMS YET AWARD. SO BRING IT ON. ALL OF YOU. I have taken the top of the mountain and I will accept all challenges. Attack me, all at once if you must! I will never falter! THE ONLY GLORY IS IN DEATH. AND DON'T FORGET TO COWER BEFORE THE METALLIC MIGHT OF JUSTICE.
Last time on Introduce Yourself II: Mizzetic Boogalo!

Next time on Introduction thread the third: How Stella Got her Groove Back.
Will Shinji finally stand up to his father?
Why is Asuka such a bitch?
How is Kaoru breathing in space?
And some fan service!   


 No.
Her mom went crazy.
Albinos have super powers.
For science. 


Hiiiiiii.
I'm a hairless Thoctar.
You can call me HairlessThoctar.
I like designing cards and Magic fluff.
I hope to work at Wizards one day.
I've got a blog where I don't post much, there's a link to it in my signature.
I host contests on YMTC, also in my signature. 

I like video games and terribly cliche battle manga.
My favorite food is all of it.
Alright. The Underworld is mine, because no sane man would choose it as his domain. Now fight over the rest.



In classic fashion then, I claim the heavens.
So, which of you ends up with the seas?

Another thread, another introduction:


"Greetings, stranger. Or is that a familiar face that I can  discern. 


Anyway, welcome. Or welcome back, as the case may be. 


My name is Yxoque, which doesn't mean anything, so don't break your head over it. This forum is my home, my safe-haven, on the internet. I love every bit of it, and I'm certain you can love it too. I must warn you, because beautiful and interesting as this place is, it's also wild and dangerous (So in a way, this forum is like a more interesting Zendikar). Dangers you need to be aware of are:


Thinking there is such a thing as a topic. That way madness lies. A thread is never about what you think it is. It's probably about postmodern gardening, or something.


Baseless speculation. Speculating about future events can be fun and can provide interesting discussion, but be sure to have some facts to back it up. If you don't, you'll be sucked in an abyss of fire and darkness, where the horrors of Phyrexia will seem like a pleasant merry-go-around. (Not a joke, by the way.)


TvTropes. Really, warn people when you post a link.


So, now that you know a bit more about this strange place, allow me to properly introduce myself.


As said, my name is Yxoque. I try to be the mediating force of this forum, dismantling problems before they arise. In the previous thread, I was dubbed an Avatar of Balance, which sounds pretty cool.


I'm here more for the discussion, but when things are on-topic, I tend to focus more on flavor and color-discussion than on the storyline.


I'm also from Belgium, which I bring up all the time (and I don't know why myself, to be honest).


If you want to know more, feel free to ask.


PS: If you're lurking here, feel free to use this thread as a stepping-stone in the wonderful world of the Flavor and Storyline-forum. There's little to be afraid of.


Alright. The Underworld is mine, because no sane man would choose it as his domain. Now fight over the rest.


Dibs on the library!

After the official forums lost most of their functionality, a once vibrant community of Vorthos was wiped out.The survivors founded a new place to discuss all things concerning with the art, flavor and storylines of Magic: The Gathering. Come join us.



In classic fashion then, I claim the heavens.
So, which of you ends up with the seas?



Dibs.
>immediately drowns 

Also, this seems a good as place as any.
Barrinellos, did you get that thing I sent you?
I only ask because I didn't notice for approximately seven months that you had sent me a message because the inbox is so inconspicuous.  
Second introduction:

I'm the reason everyone here has lost faith in humanity.
IMAGE(http://www.wizards.com/global/images/mtgcom_daily_mc52_picMain_en.jpg)IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/73821e61e013eadf56a8e4e2226d89a3.jpg?v=90000)
Baseless speculation. Speculating about future events can be fun and can provide interesting discussion, but be sure to have some facts to back it up. If you don't, you'll be sucked in an abyss of fire and darkness, where the horrors of Phyrexia will seem like a pleasant merry-go-around. (Not a joke, by the way.)

Flattery will get you everywhere.
Also, this seems a good as place as any.
Barrinellos, did you get that thing I sent you?
I only ask because I didn't notice for approximately seven months that you had sent me a message because the inbox is so inconspicuous.  


I did, but I'm waiting on a thing before I respond to you. Hopefully it won't be much longer, but I promise nothing.
Second introduction:

I'm the reason everyone here has lost faith in humanity.

I resent the implication I had any faith to lose.

Barrinellos, did you get that thing I sent you? 


I did


Good enough for me.
 

I'm Terti. My thoughts are anti-thoughts. My matter is anti-matter. Thus, I claim dibs over all that the earth-domainers cannot fathom, and try not to post too many of my opinions too soon after one another.
Show
Obligatory and Preliminary Smiley Reservoir: IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/Wee.png)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/Dancing%20AIM.gif)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/rawr.gif)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/ghgh.png)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/%5D%5D.gif)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/luv.gif)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/circle.png)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sly.png)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/turtle.gif)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/jade.png)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/proud.gif)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/wilson.gif)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/pcXQL.gif)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/blushing.png)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/proud.png)
Countdown to this threads first completely absurd conversational breakdown begins.

"The fuel on which science runs is ignorance. Science is like a hungry furnace that must be fed logs from the forests of ignorance that surround us. In the process, the clearing we call knowledge expands, but the more it expands, the longer its perimeter and the more ignorance comes into view." -Matt Ridley, Genome

Thus, I claim dibs over all that the earth-domainers cannot fathom.

You can't have my stuff no matter how nice it is.
Second introduction:

I'm the reason everyone here has lost faith in humanity.



Don't flatter yourself. I lost faith in humanity over a decade ago.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I'm Tevish Szat.  I'm a pro lurker, and read a lot more of the boards than I reply to.  If you've made a thread here, I've probably read it, and if I haven't replied it's just because I didn't feel like adding anything in particular to the discussion: Either I was undecided, or someone else had already made the point I wanted to make (I don't believe in "+1" posts unless the thread is an informal poll).  That's not to say I won't occassionally enter the banter, but it's an uncommon occurance.

Additionally, I fully support the Expanded Multiverse Project.  If you're reading this thread and haven't been there (in the last 3 days or so, even) you owe it to yourself to follow this link and read/reply.  I urge everyone to get involved.  We're a swell team, but in need of members.

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

 

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

 


THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

The Underworld also includes the surface of the Underworld, which is the land. So we're all clear on this.

I also claim death, undeath, and the forces that both drive and manipulate the cycle of life. Tenacity, will, and justice are my spheres of influence. Be virtuous, or be damned to an eternity of stone shackles and consuming dark.



( and sometimes )


REAL INTRODUCTIONS ARE WORTHLESS AND STUFF
WHO AM I?
HARDER THAN DIAMONDS STRONGER THAN STEEL AND BURSTING WITH VIGOR. THAT'S THE WAY THE BEAST ENGINE PLAYS.
PROUD BEARER OF THE MOST INCORRECT THING JIVANMUKTA'S READ ON THESE FORUMS YET AWARD. SO BRING IT ON. ALL OF YOU. I have taken the top of the mountain and I will accept all challenges. Attack me, all at once if you must! I will never falter! THE ONLY GLORY IS IN DEATH. AND DON'T FORGET TO COWER BEFORE THE METALLIC MIGHT OF JUSTICE.
Oh don't go changing your avatar to make a point, I had gotten used to the GORILLA OF INFINITE MANLINESS
I don't think I actually did an introduction in the last thread, so hey, I'm Morgothra - from the grand centre of the British Empire and studying architecture. I'm interesting in design, stuff and arguing.

If no one else takes it I claim the earth and all its wonders, from the boundless wilds to the fires underneath. 
Ego
144902215 wrote:
Morgothra has the Syntax and Grammar of a God.
56754738 wrote:
I love this card.
56771968 wrote:
I can't compete with this.
57461258 wrote:
@Morgothra: Beautifully said, sir. Beautifully said.
Contest Winners
CKY, magicpablo666 and Dinobeer combined ingenuity and silliness to win a Summer fUn contest each! vlord beat the rest to become the architect of a better tomorrow in Build it and they will come! CityofAs pranced masterfully to victory in Skipping Merrily! ConfusedAsUsual conquered both tropes and opponents to ascend in Metafiction! FirstTurnKill condensed Success into Art form in Summing it Up!
DEATH CONSUMES YOU ALLLLLLLLL

Adopting a more realistic tone, Green and I broke up a few months ago. We both just decided mutually that it wasn't working out and we'd be better off with other people. I'm actually dating Black now and things are going swimmingly. Y'know, we've known each other for years, but I never thought to ask her out, y'know? Turns out we're made for each other.
WHO AM I?
HARDER THAN DIAMONDS STRONGER THAN STEEL AND BURSTING WITH VIGOR. THAT'S THE WAY THE BEAST ENGINE PLAYS.
PROUD BEARER OF THE MOST INCORRECT THING JIVANMUKTA'S READ ON THESE FORUMS YET AWARD. SO BRING IT ON. ALL OF YOU. I have taken the top of the mountain and I will accept all challenges. Attack me, all at once if you must! I will never falter! THE ONLY GLORY IS IN DEATH. AND DON'T FORGET TO COWER BEFORE THE METALLIC MIGHT OF JUSTICE.
My New Year's Resolution for 2012 was to try Black. I have 12-ish days. Probably not enough time, unless I'm willing to spend some money down in the Tenderloin.


Hey, Keeper. You were nominated for something in YMtC. Not by me. I thought you should know.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
I didn't post an official intro in the last thread, I don't believe, because it was already something around several hundred pages or whatever.

Since we're making claims of deific portfolio, I'll take the cognitive mind, the engine from which sapience is formed and volition affects itself upon the multiverse.

But otherwise, I'm FirstTurnKill, more commonly known as PlaneShaper outside these here parts.  DM extraordinaire.

Somnia, the Evanescent Plane -- A 3-set Block
Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD
Planeswalker's Guide to Somnia

Build Around This
A weekly MTG Cards and Combos forum game.
Build Around This #1 - Sage's Starfish Wish
BAT #1 was built using the Legacy format with Spiny Starfish, Sage's Knowledge, and Make a Wish. Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire with Fishy Starfishies. Runner-Up: JBTM
Ok, I'm lazy and its late, so I think I will just copy  my intro from the first.
  

Heaven-o all, I’m Batman_Villain. I’m a slightly quirky (crazy) man who loves magic, cats, video games and fedoras. I’ve been a stalker on these forums for over a year, so I’ve learned the basic rules (stay away from Beast, Pablo smells, ignore Kevin, Zammm and Barn are omnipotent gods). I love the magic story line and hope I’m crazy enough to keep up with all of you.


(PS, I have another personality who’s bent on taking over the world. If he ever posts, just ignore him)




PS if we're calling domains, I call cats. Not any of your heaven and hell stuff, I just want mah kittys.
Oh. God. It's a medical condition you guys! Trimethylaminuria. Genetic. Bastards.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Hi, I'm EyeHunter. I thought that name sounded cool when MTGO started and I was 12. I'd like to leave it behind, but I also like having just one name across everything.
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
Hi I am sage62 and sort of post here sometimes.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
Second introduction:

I'm the reason everyone here has lost faith in humanity.



You made the comments section on Youtube?
 
Thanks to Long_Con for the avatar.
River Guide
56756068 wrote:
58147568 wrote:
121816979 wrote:
56819178 wrote:
147112461 wrote:
Hi everyone,I have two questions. 1. If my opponent already controlled a planewalker , then he cast avacyn,angle of hope ,and resolved on battlefield.Now his planewalker in indestructible right?
[c]Avacyn, Angel of Hope[/c] -> Avacyn, Angel of Hope
No need to be so obtuse, maybe he's just trying to complement her. That's not too radical of a concept, I mean she is pretty acute, right?.
This right here should be a bannable offense :p
No, not an outright banning, that's too easy. He should be punished ... ... by degrees.
DEATH CONSUMES YOU ALLLLLLLLL


In darkness between stars, you consume death!
No but seriously. ಠ_ಠ

Second introduction:

I'm the reason everyone here has lost faith in humanity.



You made the comments section on Youtube?
 


Well played...

I also claim death, undeath, and the forces that both drive and manipulate the cycle of life.


Lich, please.

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
I don't really have Trimethylaminuria, and I apologize to all who do suffer this condition. However, it is true that I smell, like a man. Steak Sauce and Biceps and Freshly Chopped Wood!

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Hey all! I'm Hail_The_Mill_Crab, more often Mill Crab or even just Crab. Yup, good ol' Hedron Crab was my favorite from Zendikar. I mean, come on, he's so adorable being all confused and taking your memories and ALL GLORY TO THE MILL CRAB

*ahem* sorry about that. Anyway, I was really active when it came to the voting games (when we still did those ), then I came down with a nasty bout of phasing and just came back recently.

When not busy beating my friends senseless with pieces of cardboard, I'm probably reading some sweet novel (go read Ari Marmell's stuff! Seriously!) or watching cute marshmallow ponies do absurd things.
Show
IMAGE(http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/images/2/23/Phyrexian_Loyalty.png) Thanks Gamma_Mage for the awesome banner! IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/5b6c77c9b167a1916a659c5ddb3cf613.jpg?v=90000)
Another one?

...

Gah... I don't think I even introduced myself on the last one until it was nearly 100 pages long.

But I haven't been on in for-freaking-ever, so another introduction may be in order. Then maybe I'll take one of my introductions and just put it in my sig, so I don't have to do this every time I take a hiatus.

...

This is going to take a while.
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

So, having briefly perused the (so far) three pages, I'm going with a two-fold aproach.
One, directly steal Szat's lines because they fit very well.
I'm a pro lurker, and read a lot more of the boards than I reply to. If you've made a thread here, I've probably read it, and if I haven't replied it's just because I didn't feel like adding anything in particular to the discussion: Either I was undecided, or someone else had already made the point I wanted to make (I don't believe in "+1" posts unless the thread is an informal poll). That's not to say I won't occassionally enter the banter, but it's an uncommon occurance.

Additionally, I fully support the Expanded Multiverse Project. If you're reading this thread and haven't been there (in the last 3 days or so, even) you owe it to yourself to follow this link and read/reply. I urge everyone to get involved. We're a swell team, but in need of members.



Two, claim All of the Fractals as my domain. That includes everything between two and three dimensions, as well. (I'm willing to share where my domain overlaps with others'.)

Three, come up with a way to describe myself that meets or out-does my last introduction. Probably going to wait a day or two for that one.


Hmmmm.... I've got some commenting to do!

Oh don't go changing your avatar to make a point, I had gotten used to the GORILLA OF INFINITE MANLINESS


And that gorilla has been in his last two avatars! I literally did a triple-take on his first post.

Beast, you should always mention JUSTICE. How else are we supposed to know it's you?


I wish I knew how to change sizes of single words on this bloody forum.





For science.



Why hasn't Keeper kissed you for finding this yet? Or did you sneak that in somewhere in his Meet-Karn-the-Ladies-Man thread?


@magicpablo: I never did catch on about the you-smell thingy. Might I ask what brought it on? (the thingy, not the smell)


@Barinellos: I'm going to send you a thing, in a few minutes here, so get back to me sometime in the next few days, please.

Profile Picture taken with implied permission from Trildar.

KeeperofManyNames wrote:

Alright, new theory: these forums are an experiment in ultraminimalism. By Monday everything--yes everything--will be the color white, and typing any character will simply produce a solid rectangle of variable height and width.

I got that lich a phylactery. Liches love phylacteries.
WHO AM I?
HARDER THAN DIAMONDS STRONGER THAN STEEL AND BURSTING WITH VIGOR. THAT'S THE WAY THE BEAST ENGINE PLAYS.
PROUD BEARER OF THE MOST INCORRECT THING JIVANMUKTA'S READ ON THESE FORUMS YET AWARD. SO BRING IT ON. ALL OF YOU. I have taken the top of the mountain and I will accept all challenges. Attack me, all at once if you must! I will never falter! THE ONLY GLORY IS IN DEATH. AND DON'T FORGET TO COWER BEFORE THE METALLIC MIGHT OF JUSTICE.
I'm Isaic16, though usually just Isaic.

Probably the best way to describe me is Yxoque-lite.  Except not from Belgium.  And I'll claim the Banks & other Financial Centers, just because I know no one else here wants anything to do with them...

Also, I'm the guy who keeps saying I'm going to try to do more here and in the Multiverse, but then doesn't, because life is an unending stream of more things to see than can ever be seen, more to do than can ever be done.  'Cause it's the Circle of Life.  And it moves us all.  You know the rest.
Susan Summerson from the Hell breaks loose Flavorful Voting Game http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29076567/Hell_breaking_loose:_an_Avacyn_Restored_voting_game?pg=1 Click here for more Forum Games:
Show
Susan Summerson also appeared in the Innistrad Mafia Game http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28609371/Innistrad_Mafia?pg=1 Writer of Nally Bear from The Gathering Flavorful Voting Game: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/28846821/The_Gathering:_M12_flavorful_voting_game?pg=1 Writer of Phyrex the Myr from Phyrexia Reborn: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/27993097/Phyrexia_Reborn:_A_Flavorful_Voting_Game?pg=1 Writer of Tinker the Myr from Legacy of Karn: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/26647005/Karns_Legacy_(A_flavorful_voting_game) Writer of Crusader Tolkana, who has appeared in: Eldrazi Awaken: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/24071149/Eldrazi_Awaken:_A_flavorful_voting_game?pg=1 Colors of Magic: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/25352501/Colors_of_Magic:_a_flavor_game?pg=1 Guildwars III: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/26082093/Guildwars_III:_Shattered_Pact_(A_flavorful_voting_game)?pg=1 Writer of Isaic from Treasures of Zendikar http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/22819881/Treasures_of_Zendikar?post_id=402182877#402182877
I got that lich a phylactery. Liches love phylacteries.



I got 99 problems but a Lich ain't one.
Sup. Mown. This is about the third time I visit this section. I like tangential arguments that don't relate to a topic, caring more about how an post is presented than what the post is about, hoarding ymtc titles and being mad at everyone with a higher post count than me.

The only mtg novels I have read is the first Time Spiral novel and the entirety of LOR/SHA block.
I might start lurking here, as the other forums can't keep up with my F5 button.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Are you sure you'll be able to handle all seven posts we make a week?

Unrelatedly, Hpmor updated last night, and I don't have the time to read it right now IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/jade.png)
Show
Obligatory and Preliminary Smiley Reservoir: IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/Wee.png)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/Dancing%20AIM.gif)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/rawr.gif)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/ghgh.png)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/%5D%5D.gif)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/luv.gif)IMAGE(http://rsescape.net/forum/Smileys/RSE%20emotes/circle.png)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/sly.png)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/turtle.gif)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/jade.png)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/proud.gif)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/wilson.gif)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/pcXQL.gif)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/blushing.png)IMAGE(http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/proud.png)
Unrelatedly, HPMOR updated last night, and I don't have the time to read it right now

It's a shame. It's a pretty good chapter, and Alastor Moody is every bit as badass as he should be.

And be sure to reread the previous chapter, because it was changed somewhat.

After the official forums lost most of their functionality, a once vibrant community of Vorthos was wiped out.The survivors founded a new place to discuss all things concerning with the art, flavor and storylines of Magic: The Gathering. Come join us.

I got that lich a phylactery. Liches love phylacteries.



I got 99 problems but a Lich ain't one.



I know it's again the CoC, but I'm still tempted to start a petition to get CoP black reprinted in M14 with this flavor text.
Thanks to Long_Con for the avatar.
River Guide
56756068 wrote:
58147568 wrote:
121816979 wrote:
56819178 wrote:
147112461 wrote:
Hi everyone,I have two questions. 1. If my opponent already controlled a planewalker , then he cast avacyn,angle of hope ,and resolved on battlefield.Now his planewalker in indestructible right?
[c]Avacyn, Angel of Hope[/c] -> Avacyn, Angel of Hope
No need to be so obtuse, maybe he's just trying to complement her. That's not too radical of a concept, I mean she is pretty acute, right?.
This right here should be a bannable offense :p
No, not an outright banning, that's too easy. He should be punished ... ... by degrees.
I know it's again the CoC, but I'm still tempted to start a petition to get CoP black reprinted in M14 with this flavor text.



Honestly considering how iconic the CoP spells were, I'm still very morose over their decline. It's just a real shame, especially considering some of the brilliant art that was put to them over the years.
I know it's again the CoC, but I'm still tempted to start a petition to get CoP black reprinted in M14 with this flavor text.



Honestly considering how iconic the CoP spells were, I'm still very morose over their decline. It's just a real shame, especially considering some of the brilliant art that was put to them over the years.


Indeed. I'd kinda like to see them keep printing red and black as part of the whole enemy color thing. Although I guess they're prolly pretty bonkers in limited .
Thanks to Long_Con for the avatar.
River Guide
56756068 wrote:
58147568 wrote:
121816979 wrote:
56819178 wrote:
147112461 wrote:
Hi everyone,I have two questions. 1. If my opponent already controlled a planewalker , then he cast avacyn,angle of hope ,and resolved on battlefield.Now his planewalker in indestructible right?
[c]Avacyn, Angel of Hope[/c] -> Avacyn, Angel of Hope
No need to be so obtuse, maybe he's just trying to complement her. That's not too radical of a concept, I mean she is pretty acute, right?.
This right here should be a bannable offense :p
No, not an outright banning, that's too easy. He should be punished ... ... by degrees.
I know it's again the CoC, but I'm still tempted to start a petition to get CoP black reprinted in M14 with this flavor text.



Honestly considering how iconic the CoP spells were, I'm still very morose over their decline. It's just a real shame, especially considering some of the brilliant art that was put to them over the years.


Indeed. I'd kinda like to see them keep printing red and black as part of the whole enemy color thing. Although I guess they're prolly pretty bonkers in limited .


I basically agree, but I was okay with Story Circle: it still represents the basic (and very resonant) idea of a circle of protection, even if not as well as the CoP spells did or perhaps some new circular warding spell could.

"Enjoy your screams, Sarpadia - they will soon be muffled beneath snow and ice."

 

Follow me to No Goblins Allowed

A M:tG/D&D message board with a good community and usable software

 


THE COALITION WAR GAME -Phyrexian Chief Praetor
Round 1: (4-1-2, 1 kill)
Round 2: (16-8-2, 4 kills)
Round 3: (18-9-2, 1 kill)
Round 4: (22-10-0, 2 kills)
Round 5: (56-16-3, 9 kills)
Round 6: (8-7-1)

Last Edited by Ralph on blank, 1920

I basically agree, but I was okay with Story Circle: it still represents the basic (and very resonant) idea of a circle of protection, even if not as well as the CoP spells did or perhaps some new circular warding spell could.



Story circle really fell down in a lot of regards. It just didn't quite live up the legacy, both in terms of looks and resonance.
the CoP felt... right. Meanwhile, this one is just kind of scattershot. I wouldn't mind what is essentially a functional reprint, but I'd want to see it pay homage a little closer than Story Circle did.