DLCR: Sphinx of the Chimes

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays RtR card to rate is...

Sphinx of the Chimes

Show

5.0: First pick no matter what.  I will always play this card.
4.5: Splashable and first pick worthy.
4.0: First pick pack 1.
3.5: Early pick though not always a first pick.
3.0: Solid early/mid pick.
2.5: Solid pick in color.
2.0: Should generally make the deck if in this color.
1.5: Decent filler.
1.0: 23rd card if you have to.
0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in.
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding).

Ok for draft reasons this guy is basically Mahamoti Djinn.   I have never once gotten to use his draw ability in draft.

Being the Djinn though he is a big threat in limited.  A 5/6 flyer demands removal or you are going to lose quickly.

Discuss! 

Like CG said, he is basically just Mahamoti Djinn, but that is still really good in the set. In UW fliers he is a good finisher as their aren't many big flying bodies. 
4.0. I once could have activated him by pitching two Auger sprees. I choose not to.
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
In the PTQ Sealed Event I was sitting near someone who drew 12 cards in one turn off the Sphinx. But my personal experience with the Sphinx has been with him in the role of Mahamoti Djinn, which is worth 4.0 in this set.
4. He dodges Explosive Impact, which is pretty baller.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
I have used his ability one time. I would also go with 4.0
4 for me. Big body. Sad face. Looks like he's waiting for the Sphinx of Trumpets to holla back.

I found Carmen Sandiego before you were born unless you're Zlehtnoba.