Best lines this season...

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
D&D is great entertainment if you are playing it or watching. Part of that comes from the action, but also from the side comments in and out of game. The purpose of this thread is to list great comments and or short stories with the characters.

Session 5: The characters are trying to get into the already crowed city filled by those fleeing the fighting.
The stern guard refuses to let the players in stating that they do not all Refugees into the city. The warlord tells them that they are adventurers. To which the guard says..."ah, so you are poor." The player then says "we are sucessful refugees."
My comment: So which one are you Lauren Hill or Wycliff Jean?

Session 4: The players are looking for the mimic and see the rug.
Player: That rug really completes the room.

More to follow.
My best one from a player this season so far was in session 4 - after immobolising his vampire and giving it ongoing damage a player remarked "I hate it when you run drow against us", to which the player of his dragonborn hexblade ally replied "Then the DM's doing his job properly!".

Shortly afterwards they had to flee to survive, without closing the shadow portal.

"Well that encounter was easy....er, guys, why is the DM grinning?" (party members last words)

It's not a party till the screaming starts!

Follow me on Twitter @Vobeskhan or check out my blog http://vobeskhan.wordpress.com/