Craniloth

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Working name, couldn't really think of anything else.

Craniloth
Creature-Beast Avatar
Play with the top card of your library revealed.
~ has power and toughness each equal to 1 plus the converted mana cost of the top card of your library.
1+*/1+*

Thoughts?

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14 (haven't been able to attend any FNMs or prereleases for 18 months now, no sense maintaining RA status)
Joined the crowd and got an Avatar from zammm's Avatar Workshop on 5-6-2012

That "Dual Colors" personality test thing
IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20806.jpg)

I am Black/Green

Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!

Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20801.jpg)

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

Working name, couldn't really think of anything else.

Craniloth
Creature-Beast Avatar
~ has power and toughness each equal to 1 plus the converted mana cost of the top card of your library.
1+*/1+*

Thoughts?

Kinda parasitic off Sylvan Library or Brainstorm on the stick, no?
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Cause Wizards totally does damage control for Legacy.

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14 (haven't been able to attend any FNMs or prereleases for 18 months now, no sense maintaining RA status)

I am Black/Green

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

Cause Wizards totally does damage control for Legacy.

Not that. I meant it's parasitic, meaning that without those types of cards, it's useless.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
No it's not. It's always at least a 1/1, and its p/t fluctuates turn by turn. Or more accurately, draw by draw. But it doesn't require draw to function.

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

I'm jealous that I didn't think of this first.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
No it's not. It's always at least a 1/1, and its p/t fluctuates turn by turn. Or more accurately, draw by draw. But it doesn't require draw to function.

Yeah, it's a 1/1 for four mana.
139359831 wrote:
You're wrong.  In most decks it will be, on average, at least a 3/3 for 4, and that's without doing anything to optimize it.

"Go, then. There are other worlds than these." -- Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Please feel free to copy this message into your sig.

You're wrong.  In most decks it will be, on average, at least a 3/3 for 4, and that's without doing anything to optimize it.

Some 30-50% of your cards are land in a typical deck, especially given that these colors are known for fatties and lots of card draw. And a 3/3 for in two colors is bad, especially when Centaur Courser.
139359831 wrote:
It's only substandard if you don't optimize for it though.  That's how cards like this are supposed to work.  If it was a reliable 4/4 or bigger for four mana and had the potential to beef up to 8/8 with some clever deck manipulation it would be too good.
The World of Eldangard - a three act M:tG block by Fallingman Eldangard Stormfront Ragnarok
I like it, but it needs a buff when you have a land sitting on top of your library.
ehhhh......it's already bordering on the edge of inelegance. =/ I feel adding a clause to cover lands would push it over that edge. Besides, Magic would be a very boring game if every card were perfect.

I am Black/Green

I am Blue/Green

How about this:
If the top card of your library is a land card, ~ is 3/3.
If it is a nonland card, ~'s power and toughness is equal to the converted mana cost of that card.
I want this to be 3+* and cost 5...
I like it, but it needs a buff when you have a land sitting on top of your library.

Sorta my whole problem. I can think of plenty of cards this combos with, but none are in Standard, and it's parasitic off them as printed.
139359831 wrote:
It would see a hella lot of commander play. though I would make it: "at the begining of your upkeep look at the top three cards of your library, pick one, reveal it, ~ power and toughness become that cards converted mana cost plus 1 untill the end of turn. Put those cards back in the same order." 

Sorta my whole problem. I can think of plenty of cards this combos with, but none are in Standard, and it's parasitic off them as printed.

Yes, it's parasitic. It's called build-around, you're not going to get an entire tribe of them, just like Laboratory Maniac wasn't a keyword in Innistrad.
I wasn't aware this was an issue.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)