Does anyone know of any other miniatures set that i could use with D&D dungeon command that will work with the games and rules? If so please leave me a list of minis i could use or a site of where i can locate some if not please tell me so

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Does anyone know of any other miniatures set that i could use with D&D dungeon command that will work with the games and rules?  If so please leave me a list of minis i could use or a site of where i can locate some if not please tell me so
Hey dude.

I'm not all that familiar with dungeon command, but for regular D&D I've seen people use other minis:
Ral Partha Minis, Reaper Minis, Warhammer Minis, or even Warmachine/Hordes Minis.

Though if dungeon command is more like heroclix - where there are actual stats on the minis, then there aren't any other minis set up with the stats.
ahh yeah the cards have attack stats and health stats and abilities i consider it a bit more like magic and d&d combined thx for info
Ah. The Cards have the stats.

Then yes. You could use the minis from the other games I mentioned and the cards from dungeon command (say if you need more goblins or something). You could make your own cards on the computer for the new minis if you have some time (I read that the The monster stats in dungeon command are based on the monster's stats in the 4e monster manuals.)

But yeah. Minis from other companies won't come pre-made with the stats for dungeon command.

Additionally, most of them come unpainted.
Oh.

Looked into Dungeon Command a bit more.

Yeah, if you bought minis from another company they wouldn't come with any of the cards.

Most other minis games aren't card-based. Some of them are for RPGs, and some are for Wargames without cards. Hordes/Warmachine has its own cards, but they don't go in a deck or anything, they're just the stats of the creatures so you don't need to open the book for reference, and its for their own system.

So - you'd need to be able to make your own cards or something, and obviously that won't be okay at any organized events.
yeah me and my friend figured we may just have to make our own cards or something untill thy start selling them 
There are communities of people making their own cards for magic (for their own use). It wouldn't be too hard to do it with photoshop and a printer and some cardstock - if you're wanting to have cards to use with unofficial minis.

If the stats in dungeon command are drastically different than the stats for D&D though, you may need to figure out how to convert them.

And you may need a way to guage what qualifies as a fair team.
When they relased the revised rules for DDM, the 2.0 rules, they began retroactivly releasing cards in PDF form for the 1000+ minis released under the old rules. However, WotC has made no indication that they will do the same for Dungeon Command.   

However, since I assume these are still kitchen table games and not any kind of tournament, feel free to make your own creature cards.
damn i want more minis lmao
Sign In to post comments