Extremely Loud and Incredibly Small (Pixie Sorcerer/Bard/Voice of Thunder)

85 posts / 0 new
Last post

The Premise

The Bard PP Voice of Thunder has an absurdly powerful level 11 encounter power, Rolling Echo.

Hit: 2d6 + Charisma modifier thunder damage, and you push the target 1 square. Before you take any actions during your next turn, you can repeat the attack as a free action.

Since the repeat rider is on the Hit: line, this means that regardless of whether you think "repeat the attack" means "attack power" or "attack from this power", it will trigger again on your next turn when you hit with it, meaning you get a massive free action, ally-friendly attack power every round as long as there are still enemies around to nuke with it.

The Pieces

Honestly, the only key piece here is Rolling Echo. From there, it's a short matter of taking a Sorcerer and stapling as much thunder damage support to them as humanly possible, and it turns out that's quite a bit.

The Product

Just doing a quick proof of concept here, but I'm pretty sure it's close to maximum on damage for its level. We are a pixie, which gives us two big benefits. First, it lets us ride our elemental companion the Storm Talon everywhere, and second, it means we get the cheapest +item bonus to damage item in the game.

On round 1, we use Pixie Dust as a move action and command our elemental companion to fly, flying up to 11 squares to approach. We then use Rolling Echo as a standard action, grouping as many enemies as possible. If we have an action point available, we follow up with Explosive Pyre, and hopefully everything dies from that. If not, we end our turn.

Every turn after this, we start by using Rolling Echo as a close burst 3 originating anywhere within 2 squares of us, group up all the enemies we can, and follow up with another standard action thunder attack. On the off chance we run out of AoEs in some extremely large battle, start charging with Ensorcelled Blade. It's all pretty easy.

Level 12 Build Snapshot

Race: Pixie
Class: Sorcerer
Theme: Primordial Adept
Paragon Path: Voice of Thunder

Strength: 11
Constitution: 13
Dexterity: 20
Intelligence: 9
Wisdom: 12
Charisma: 22

Feat 1: Born of the Elements
Feat 2: Elemental Companion (Storm Talon)
Feat 4: War Wizard's Expertise
Feat 6: Superior Implement Training (Resonating Dagger)
Feat 8: Bardic Dilettante
Feat 10: Thunder's Rumble (RETRAIN)
Feat 11: Resounding Thunder
Feat 12: Arcane Reach

Pixie Racial Utility: Pixie Dust
Pixie Racial Utility: Shrink
At-will 1: Ensorcelled Blade
At-will 1:
Primordial Adept Encounter Attack: Vezzuvu's Eruption
Encounter Attack 1: Explosive Pyre
Daily Attack 1: Howling Tempest
Utility 2:
Encounter Attack 3: Thundering Gust
Daily Attack 5: Thunder Leap
Utility 6:
Encounter Attack 7: Thunder Bomb
Daily Attack 9: Howling Hurricane
Utility 10:
Voice of Thunder Encounter Attack: Rolling Echo
Voice of Thunder Utility: Doom Echo

+3 Goblin Totem Dagger
Siberys Shard of the Mage (level 13)
Whatever

Level 12 numbers

Attack (Rolling Thunder/thunder attacks): +6 half-level, +6 Charisma, +3 enhancement, +2 expertise, +2 power vs. adjacent enemies = +19 vs. Fortitude (adjacent), +17 vs. Fortitude (non-adjacent)
Damage (Rolling Thunder/thunder attacks): 2d6+6 (CHA), +5+2(Storm Power), +3 enhancement, +3 feat, +3 energized, +3 item, +3 shard, +2 power = 2d6+30 thunder damage
Attack (Explosive Pyre): +6 half-level, +6 Charisma, +3 enhancement, +2 expertise = +15 vs. Reflex
Damage (Explosive Pyre): 2d8 +6 (CHA), +5+2(Storm Power), +3 enhancement, +3 item, +3 shard, +2 power, 1d6 +5+2(Storm Power), +3 enhancement, +3 item, +3 shard, +2 power = 2d8+24 fire damage, 1d6+18 fire damage secondary

DPR Kings Breakdown (Level 12, 1.41 KPR)

First off, let me note that I in no way agree with the system the DPR kings thread uses to rate AoE attacks, as it's severely overvalued. But hey, it's their choice.

Rolling Thunder is a 7x7 friendly attack, which according to their arbitrary chart has a multiplier value of 3.8124. However, it's also a 3x3 friendly attack at a bonus, so we need to break it into two chunks to evaluate.

Rolling Echo (3x3): LVL+7 vs. NAD, 2d6+30=37 (hit), 42+3d6=52.5 (crit). 2.178(.75(37)+.05(52.5))=66.15675

Rolling Echo (7x7-3x3):LVL+5 vs. NAD, 2d6+30=37 (hit), 42+3d6=52.5 (crit). (3.8124-2.178)(.65(37)+.05(52.5))=43.59762

Rolling Echo total per round: 66.16+43.60= 109.8 damage.

After repeating this process a bunch of times for all my other encounter powers and then Charging with Ensorcelled Blade once they run out, we reach our round-by-round DPR:

Aura portion Non-aura portion Total    
Rolling Echo   66.15675 43.59762 109.75437    
Thundering Gust   63.4887 41.84064 105.32934    
Thunder Bomb   69.85935 26.32672 96.18607    
Vezzuvu's Eruption   66.15675 24.92512 91.08187    
Explosive Pyre     69.2523 69.2523    
Ensorcelled Blade   31.95   31.95    

KPR by turn Turn 1 Turn 2 Turn 3 Turn 4 Turn 5 Turn 6 –10
  0.91461975 1.79236425 1.7161703333 1.6736353333 1.49172225 1.18086975

KP2R 1.353492          
KP5R 1.5177023833          
KP10R 1.3492860667          
Mean KPR 1.4068268167          

I like how "as much thunder damage support... as humanly possible" means going Pixie.
Now get 4 warlords with guileful switch....

guides
List of no-action attacks.
Dynamic vs Static Bonuses
Phalanx tactics and builds
Crivens! A Pictsies Guide Good
Power
s to intentionally miss with
Mr. Cellophane: How to be unnoticed
Way's to fire around corners
Crits: what their really worth
Retroactive bonus vs Static bonus.
Runepriest handbook & discussion thread
Holy Symbols to hang around your neck
Ways to Gain or Downgrade Actions
List of bonuses to saving throws
The Ghost with the Most (revenant handbook)
my builds
F-111 Interdictor Long (200+ squares) distance ally teleporter. With some warlord stuff. Broken in a plot way, not a power way.

Thought Switch Higher level build that grants upto 14 attacks on turn 1. If your allies play along, it's broken.

Elven Critters Crit op with crit generation. 5 of these will end anything. Broken.

King Fisher Optimized net user.  Moderate.

Boominator Fun catch-22 booming blade build with either strong or completely broken damage depending on your reading.

Very Distracting Warlock Lot's of dazing and major penalties to hit. Overpowered.

Pocket Protector Pixie Stealth Knight. Maximizing the defender's aura by being in an ally's/enemy's square.

Yakuza NinjIntimiAdin: Perma-stealth Striker that offers a little protection for ally's, and can intimidate bloodied enemies. Very Strong.

Chargeburgler with cheese Ranged attacks at the end of a charge along with perma-stealth. Solid, could be overpowered if tweaked.

Void Defender Defends giving a penalty to hit anyone but him, then removing himself from play. Can get somewhat broken in epic.

Scry and Die Attacking from around corners, while staying hidden. Moderate to broken, depending on the situation.

Skimisher Fly in, attack, and fly away. Also prevents enemies from coming close. Moderate to Broken depending on the enemy, but shouldn't make the game un-fun, as the rest of your team is at risk, and you have enough weaknesses.

Indestructible Simply won't die, even if you sleep though combat.  One of THE most abusive character in 4e.

Sir Robin (Bravely Charge Away) He automatically slows and pushes an enemy (5 squares), while charging away. Hard to rate it's power level, since it's terrain dependent.

Death's Gatekeeper A fun twist on a healic, making your party "unkillable". Overpowered to Broken, but shouldn't actually make the game un-fun, just TPK proof.

Death's Gatekeeper mk2, (Stealth Edition) Make your party "unkillable", and you hidden, while doing solid damage. Stronger then the above, but also easier for a DM to shut down. Broken, until your DM get's enough of it.

Domination and Death Dominate everything then kill them quickly. Only works @ 30, but is broken multiple ways.

Battlemind Mc Prone-Daze Protecting your allies by keeping enemies away. Quite powerful.

The Retaliator Getting hit deals more damage to the enemy then you receive yourself, and you can take plenty of hits. Heavy item dependency, Broken.

Dead Kobold Transit Teleports 98 squares a turn, and can bring someone along for the ride. Not fully built, so i can't judge the power.

Psilent Guardian Protect your allies, while being invisible. Overpowered, possibly broken.

Rune of Vengance Do lot's of damage while boosting your teams. Strong to slightly overpowered.

Charedent BarrageA charging ardent. Fine in a normal team, overpowered if there are 2 together, and easily broken in teams of 5.

Super Knight A tough, sticky, high damage knight. Strong.

Super Duper Knight Basically the same as super knight with items, making it far more broken.

Mora, the unkillable avenger Solid damage, while being neigh indestuctable. Overpowered, but not broken.

Swordburst Maximus At-Will Close Burst 3 that slide and prones. Protects allies with off actions. Strong, possibly over powered with the right party.

I was actually tinkering with a Sorcerer/VoT thunder build a while back.  I'm glad someone is perfecting it, as it seems like a cool and powerful combination.

Although, I'm not good with specific wordings:  Is it saying that you get to repeat the burst as a free action each round as long as you hit at least one enemy, or that you can repeat the attack against each particular enemy that gets hit from the initial attack? 
Burst each round as long as you hit once. For Precedent, we have White Lotus Master Riposte which needed specific errata to make it only attack a single target despite a burst/blast being the repeated power.
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
Oh.

That looks like a much better version of the thunder sorcerer I was trying (and failing) to make.  >_<;

Would it also be worth consideration to make a Dragonborn variant with Thundering Breath/Rod of the Dragonborn, or is that too much damage loss for a broader selection of powers to choose from?
Can't the enemies simply scatter out of range of you? No targets, no repeating the use of the power...
They can try, MWaO, but it's not gonna be easy, particularly if you can troll them by proning them in any way. It's no simple task to escape the echo.

On topic, about time we saw a good VoT build. I was wondering when someone would notice it after we discussed it in the bard and sorcerer topic. It's a really nifty paragon path.
Mountain Cleave Rule: You can have any sort of fun, including broken, silly fun, so long as I get to have that fun too (e. g., if you can warp reality with your spells, I can cleave mountains with my blade).
My friend is basically playing this exact build right now, only a few levels higher. We houserule that Rolling Echo only repeats once, and that's still enough to be good times.

Regarding your theme, Primordial Adept is better for DPR, but Sarifal Feywarden is going to be better for spike damage. With Rolling Echo, you're going to get off at least three attacks (four with an AP) in the space of your aura being up, multiplied by the number of critters you can catch with each spell. Even if you only hit one target, that's an extra 30-40 damage per encounter from your theme, all frontloaded into the first two rounds. The battle has to drag on a lot for the extra 2 damage per hit from Primordial Adept to catch up.

That said, from a pure sustainable DPR standpoint, yes, Primordial Adept does what it sets out to do. From a practical standpoint, though, we love the Death Aura, as it is affectionately called.
OK, that's just hilarious.  Well noted, and I may have to fiddle with a build.  What's the rest of the PP like?
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
So it's actually a pretty solid path even without the poor writing.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
That's not quite true - Rolling Echo is basically Flame Spiral, if Flame Spiral didn't benefit from forced movement. That is hardly, hardly bad, it just means you really want to buy a Weapon of Speed and get Lightning Cuts to spam your target with minor action attacks.
Mountain Cleave Rule: You can have any sort of fun, including broken, silly fun, so long as I get to have that fun too (e. g., if you can warp reality with your spells, I can cleave mountains with my blade).
The U12 is a daily minor action recharge of a bard thunder encounter power, here meaning you do it again if you somehow missed all your targets.

PP powers are not class powers, so the U12 is actually just useless.
Can't you Rolling Echo AP FS?
10/10 Would Flame Again: An Elite Paladin|Warlock The Elemental Man (or Woman): A Genasi Handbook The Warlord, Or How to Wield a Barbarian One-Handed The Bookish Barbarian Fardiz: RAI is fairly clear, but RAZ is different That's right. Rules According to Zelink!
Try this stat array instead.

Constitution: 12
Wisdom: 11
Charisma: 24
Try this stat array instead.

Constitution: 12
Wisdom: 11
Charisma: 24

That's not even possible until level 14...
Wouldn't salve of power be useful.
Interesting. What I was wondering; is it possible to use a ring of burrowed spells to gain access to this encounter power once each day? I can't see anything in the rules that specifically prevents me from picking rolling thunder as one of the two spells during creation; it is an arcane power of level 17 or lower and has a level. Paragon paths do have a rule that prevents you from training out powers (RC 90), but that's supposedly where those restrictions end.
a ring of burrowed spells

One that you found underground? Tongue Out 
Back to Basics - A Guide to Basic Attacks You might be playing DnD wrong if... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
A build that uses Voice of Thunder? Well, now I really have seen everything.
Come now, it was always among the top 5ish Sorcerer PPs!
10/10 Would Flame Again: An Elite Paladin|Warlock The Elemental Man (or Woman): A Genasi Handbook The Warlord, Or How to Wield a Barbarian One-Handed The Bookish Barbarian Fardiz: RAI is fairly clear, but RAZ is different That's right. Rules According to Zelink!
That statement is... painfully true
Keith Richmond Living Forgotten Realms Epic Writing Director
Come now, it was always among the top 5ish Sorcerer PPs!

'Always' is kinda false unless we're rewriting history. It's better to say it instantly became a top 5 sorc PP as soon as people found out about it. (Unless the joke was about it being good and I missed it)
I think the joke was that most every other Sorc PP is crap, and so this would have made top 5 without trying.
Most of us Sorc players knew about it. Just because the Op boards didn't know about it doesn't mean some of us didn't. We just liked keeping our fun to ourselves.
Yes, but doing so results in a completely different character because Just Flame Spiral is preferable to Just Rolling Echo when you don't have an AP available, which has a cascading effect on your choices, so that for maximum damage you optimize around Flame Spiral damage instead of around Rolling Echo damage, and you end up as a Human Adroit Explorer so you can Flame Spiral twice. Certainly a powerful character, but a different character and not the one this thread is interested in.

In short, Rolling Echo is amazing if you get to use it for three rounds. Otherwise the entire set of assumptions falls apart and you should do something else.

You could AP every encounter to do both Flame Spiral and Rolling Echo if you selected Sidhe Lord for your theme (assuming pixie/half-elf/fey, and selecting the Sidhe Bargain E2 power).  You'd lose +2 thunder damage from theme which grants no Flame Spiral default benefit, but then you can more effectively FS + RE every combat, getting the best of both worlds.

Any thoughts on a sorcerer|rogue hybrid base?  Or sorcerer|bard MC rogue base?  Specifically I've been considering revenant elf (feat intensive to be sure) with Elven Arcane Precision and Sneaky Accuracy.  Given your multi-target thunder burst/blast focus, you can now reroll against every target of your arcane powers, assuming you missed (at least) one who granted CA to you during a previous attack.  You might want Hedge Wizard Gloves (for mage hand) + Tome Expertise to get reliable CA, though.

Better yet, forgo Sneaky Accuracy/rogue class and just use Elven Arcane Precision on Rolling Echo.  Now you can reroll *all* your RE attacks every round with this single feat (or two feats, if going revenant with Past Soul).

Another option could be sorcerer|bard MC fighter using elf base.  Pick up Polearm Momentum (possible with elf Dex/Wis stat boosts) and Arcane Implement Proficiency (heavy blades, for glaive) and focus on powers that slide/push 2+ squares (this includes RE).  Makes it easier to keep targets within range of RE if they start their turn prone (and you can move next to them after pushing them).  Since you'd be using the glaive one-handed as an implement, you could pick up Hindering Shield to make it much more difficult for enemies without teleportation to escape your RE 'zone'.  (And I don't think you need shield proficiency to benefit from Hindering Shield).

Or stick with sorcerer|bard MC fighter but forget about Polearm Momentum (for more favorable sorcerer stats/superior dagger) and get World Serpent's Grasp.  Pick up Hindering Shield and you hit an opponent with Rolling Echo first (triggering slow from Hindering Shield) and then follow up with a standard action attack, proning the slowed target.  (Sounds like a more efficient use of resources, but you're more reliant on RE hits).  Pick up Vicious Advantage and your follow-up attacks (after RE) get combat advantage against the previously hit foes (ideally accuracy boosted with Elven Arcane Precision rerolls).

VoT makes a great PP for the less optimizable Elementalist, as well.  Elementalist has Elemental Escalation, which combined with some exclusive Elementalist at-wills is comparable (or even superior) to several of the sorcerer encounter powers you listed.

Rolling Echo is a really. good. find.  (Makes me want to rekindle a 4e D&D game just to try out this sort of combo!)
Thoughts on Elven Arcane Precision with Rolling Echo for a 'dead' elf?  I wasn't aware of the Standard Action requirement for Sidhe Bargain...
The verbage of Rolling Echo appears very similar to a Chaos Sorcerer's Chaos Bolt or Lightning Daggers, which seem like it'd work.

Chaos Bolt (indented under "Hit:")
  "Wild Magic: If you rolled an even number for the primary attack roll, make a secondary attack.
   ...Hit: If you rolled an even number for the secondary attack roll, repeat the secondary attack.  You can attack a creature once only with a single use of this power."

Lightning Daggers
  "Effect: Until the end of the encounter, you can repeat the attack as a free action once per round during your turn."

Rolling Echo
   "Hit: 2d6 + Charisma modifier damage, and you push the target 1 square.  Before you take any actions during your next turn, you can repeat the attack as a free action."

AFAIK, this hit effect is embedded in the attack itself (like Lightning Daggers, or sustainable powers like Crown of Stars).  Guess interpretations vary (whether "attack" means "attack power" or "attack from this power" as you pointed out in the OP).

Regardless, RE stands out as being one of the most abusable encounter powers in the game.  (I fancy Luckbringer of Tymora's Inauspacious Vulnerability for sheer damage enabling potential with the right party mix, too).

Some suggestions:

Take Blazing Starfall for your sorcerer at-will and Energy Admixture at 11th (along with retraining for Resounding Thunder). Your at-will turns into:

Blazing Starfall - Sorc
5x5 Area Burst in 10 vs Ref, each creature
Hit: 1d4 + Charisma radiant and thunder damage. 2d4 at 21st.

As for encounter powers, the following are all area thunder powers. Note that sorcerer powers will always do more damage, as bard powers don't get Sorcerous Power. All areas given are assuming you've got Resounding Thunder (so the lower level ones are smaller before you hit 11th). If you take more than 1 blast power, make sure to pick up the Arcane Reach feat. Remember, if you use a staff, Staff Expertise means your area+ranged attacks don't provoke. I've highlighted some of the parts that are attractive about the powers, using the normal colour scheme.

[spoiler Encounter Powers]1st
Thundering Roar - Sorc
4x4 Blast vs Fort, each creature
Hit: 2d6 + Charisma modifier thunder damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

Shout of Triumph - Bard 4x4
Blast vs Fort, each enemy
Hit: 1d6 + Charisma modifier thunder damage, and you push the target 1 square. Effect: You slide each ally in the blast 1 square.

3rd
Thunder Gust - Sorc
Hit: 1d10 + Charisma modifier thunder damage, and you slide the target a number of squares equal to your Dexterity modifier.
Storm: If you choose not to slide any targets, until the end of your next turn, you gain a fly speed equal to 1+ your Dex modifier, and you can hover.

Swirling Stars - Sorc
Hit: 2d8 + Charisma modifier cold and thunder damage.

7th
Thunder Bomb - Sorc
5x5 Area Burst in 10 vs Fort, each creature
Hit: 2d8 + Charisma modifier thunder damage, and the target is slowed until the end of your next turn. If the target is in the origin square of the burst, it is immobilized until the end of your next turn instead of slowed.

Shout - Sorc
6x6 Blast vs Fort, each creature
Hit: 2d8 + Charisma modifier thunder damage, and the target is deafened until the end of your next turn.

Drums of the Wild Hunt - Bard
5x5 Close Burst vs Fort, 1-3 creatures
Hit: 1d10 + Charisma modifier thunder damage. You can teleport an ally within 10 squares of you to a square adjacent to the target. If you do, that ally gains a +3 power bonus to its next attack roll against the target before the end of your next turn.

13th
Thunder Breath - Sorc
Hit: 2d6 + Charisma modifier thunder damage, and the target is dazed until the end of your next turn.

Primordial Storm - Sorc
Storm: You can choose not to target a creature in the origin square of the burst.
Hit: 2d6 + Charisma modifier lightning and thunder damage. At the start of the target's next turn, it takes 5 cold and fire damage.

17th
Thunderstroke - Sorc
5x5 Area Burst in 20, each creature
Hit: Hit': "2d8 + Charisma modifier thunder damage. If the target is in the burst's origin square, it takes 3d8 extra lightning damage.
Storm: A target hit by this power is also knocked prone.

Resounding War Cry - Bard
6x6 Blast vs Fort, each enemy
Hit: 2d6 + Charisma modifier thunder damage. If an ally hits the target with an attack before the end of your next turn, the target is dazed until the end of your next turn.

23rd
Rhythm of Disorientation - Bard
7x7 Area Burst in 10 vs Will, each enemy
Hit: 1d6 + Charisma modifier thunder damage, and you knock the target prone. In addition, an ally of yours adjacent to the target can make a melee basic attack against it as a free action.

27th
Thunderous Might - Sorc
5x5 Area Burst in 20 vs Fort, each creature
Hit: 4d8 + Charisma modifier thunder damage, and you slide the target a number of squares equal to your Dexterity modifier.
Storm: The target grants combat advantage to the next ally of yours who attacks it before the end of your next turn.

Thunder Pulse - Sorc
9x9 Close Burst vs Fort, each enemy
Hit: 3d6 + Charisma modifier thunder damage, and you push the target a number of squares equal to your Charisma modifier and knock it prone.

Pounding Rhythm - Bard
4x4 Blast vs Fort, each enemy
Hit: 2d8 + Charisma modifier thunder damage. If an ally hits the target before the end of your next turn, the target is stunned until the end of its next turn.[/spoiler]

For themes, there are two that really stand out.

Infernal Prince
This gives +1 power bonus to hit with fire powers, which notably, Blazing Starfall counts as. Getting +1 to an at-will is pretty nice. It also gives no-action bonus damage once or twice an encounter, and +2 to Bluff and Diplomacy, with encounter rerolls if you get 5 or lower.

Primordial Adept
You thought +1 to your at-will attack was good? How about +2 power bonus to damage on all your thunder powers! You still get +2 to Bluff and Diplomacy, but only against elementals, but you also get the +2 on Insight and Intimidate too. No reroll, but meh. The real beauty is the bonus encounter power you get:

Vezzuvu's Eruption
Hit: 1d6 + Charisma modifier thunder damage, and the target falls prone. 2d6 at 11th, 3d6 at 21st.
Effect: The burst creates a zone of difficult terrain that lasts until the end of your next turn. Any creature that ends its turn in the zone takes 5 fire damage.

For feats, I'd recommend the following:
[spoiler Feats]1-Hybrid Talent (Storm Soul)
2-Staff Expertise (no OAs)
4-Superior Implement Training (Quickbeam staff)
6-Dual Implement Spellcasting 
8-
10-
11-Resounding Thunder
11- Arcane Admixture for Blazing Starfall (retrain something)
12- Thunder's Rumble
12- Arcane Reach (retrain something else)
14- Echoes of Thunder
16- Coordinated Explosion
18-
20-
21- Quickened Spellcasting
22- Sorcerour Flux
The rest are open.
[/spoiler]

For Epic Destinies, Destined Scion is good, as your to-hit isn't great. I'm only managing to get Lvl+5 (Lvl+6 with Infernal Prince) to hit. However, I'm managing to get +55 to damage at 30th, and +37 to damage at 16th. At 12th I'm only getting +27.

+55 = 10cha + 4quickbeam+ 6staff + 6of-ruin + 4feat + 12SorcPower + 6dualImp + 2boomingWords + 5shard

Hope that helps! 

Those are...a series of really bad powers and show a lack of understanding of the sorcerer class. Optimizing around at-wills is generally a bad idea.

Some suggestions:

Was that a list of things not to do....? Because that is the only context in which it makes sense.
To be slightly more constructive, the point, and strength of a Thunder Sorcerer isn't to get as large a burst/blast as possible, the point is, as with all Strikers, to kill enemies as quickly as possible. Toward that goal, Hybrid Bard doesn't work well at all, because you lose the ability to deal your Sorc bonus damage on Rolling Echo; nor is Admixture on Blazing Starfall worthwhile because you are already fairly capped on how many Standard Action Burst attacks is actually worthwhile, so your At-Wills should be Basic Attacks so you can Charge/OA/Be Granted Attacks.

Since Ensorcelled Blade requires a Dagger, as a Pixie you can take the Goblin Totem for more damage, War Wizard's Expertise is pretty much required for your unfriendly powers anyway, and this build gets to push enemies away as a free action every turn (and thus be not adjacent), there's no reason to use Staves.

As for the other stuff, he already is taking some of those powers, feats, and has chosen that theme. Did you fully read his post?
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
I dunno most of the suggested encounter powers by thug are pretty bad...
Yeah, but era still took 2 of them. It does kinda go without saying that with the FA burst pushing every round, you are better off with Explosive Pyre, Flame Spiral, and Lightning Cuts (and then Chains of Fire at 13, and then you're pretty much done)
I've pondered admixing thunder into Flame Spiral, and grabbing a Power Jewel to get some more mileage out of it. Not sure when (or if) I'll have the feat space for it.

Also on my sorcerer I was running with Blunder during heroic, and it served me well for tapping into the Flame Spiral damage with an action point as well as give an ally an attack (we have some good melee basic strikers), making it basically a tripple hitter whenever I have an action point. But at paragon, I think my action point is usually going to be spent on Rolling Echo. I'm not sure if I'll keep it or not yet, I may hang on to it till level 13 at least, because it's still a double tap.
Whats the point in admixing FS?
Extra 14'ish damage per target, +3 from resonating dagger, +2 from voice of thunder, +2 from theme, times two for flame spiral, and slightly larger burst for flexibility of picking the three targets. I'm also currently running with implement focus dagger, but if I had thunder's rumble instead it would be a little more damage from that too.
Theme should already give +2 to fire. So its a feat for +10 damage 1/enc. Meh I guess.
Theme should already give +2 to fire. So its a feat for +10 damage 1/enc. Meh I guess.

Twice in one encounter once per day via power jewel. Twice per encounter every encounter with crit opping. It's OK value - not incredible, but certainly not bad either, and these are baselines that assume the rest of your party is a bunch of jerks with no forced movement.
"No forced movement, not a team player."

Bargle wrote:
This is CharOp. We not only assume block-of-tofu monsters, but also block-of-tofu DMs.

Zelink wrote:
You're already refluffing, why not refluff to something that doesn't suck?
Sign In to post comments