A new type of EDH, made by me and a group of friends!

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Well, this EDH is only a little different from normal EDH.
The big thing we changed is this; your general does NOT have to be legendary (although the creature you pick is a legend in addition to it's other types, so the legend rule applies).

There are a few creatures that would make good non-legendary generals, such as Corpsejack Menace or Champion of the Parish.
This could open up huge doors for the format, but since the amount of creatures is high, you're probably gonna think the ban list will be too, but I can't think of extremely OP generals for this format (If you can think of one, let me know below!).

I decided to play a game with some friends on cockatrice to see how it went, and it was fine. So get some friends together, make a deck, and play!

Ban list: 
Not to be a debbie downer, because I encourage this sort of thing, but you're not the first to think of this idea. The only thing I can think of that would maybe make the banlist is psychatog.
Sheltering Ancient and the hunted creatures Hunted Horror would warp the format (in Multiplayer). It might make for a much faster format.

Budget EDH:EDH on $20 a Deck. Join the Group

Not to mention creatures with self returns built into them to avoid the 2 CMC increase. Epochrasite is probably the worst offender,.but something like Ghastly Remains will change the format. The game will switch to emphasize 21 general damage, and trying to prevent those fast EDH kills.

Yore tiller nephilim is ridiculous. I've played against one...

3DH4LIF3

Obligatory Serra Ascendant.
Maelstrom Archangel as a general? Finally, except when they cheat Omniscience, Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur, Conflux, Aggravated Assault, Bear Umbra, and Avacyn, Angel of Hope and Progenitus into play.

Also lol.

EDH is already considered a bustable format, now if your friends don't mind, by all means, play. Thanks for bringing this idea up for those "derp" players like myself who have little to no imagination.
Decks I run
Show
I currently run a deck for Standard, Modern, Commander and Legacy. For standard, I have a typical, horribly budget Rakdos Deck Wins. For Modern, I have a B/G/U/W Draw-go Reanimator featuring my favorite creature, Wurmcoil Engine. For Legacy, I'm trying too hard to break Pyromancer Ascension. I also run a Naya Zoo with all the oldies. For Commander/EDH, I'm running The Mimeoplasm. A little morals thing about me, I like winning through combos, but not infinitely. However quiet, I am a Christian, so feel free to tell me you are too, it's always a relief.
How to be saved?
Show
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved and your house. Book of Acts 16:31
Cheers!
Obligatory Serra Ascendant.

I don't know why that one didn't come to mind, as popular as it is in 2HG. Serra Ascendant is a very fast clock.

I don't think Maelstrom Archangel is that big of a deal. You're going to spend your first turns fixing your mana just to play it. Wasteland, Strip Mine, and Dust Bowl may keep you off it if your group knows you're playing something broken.

People are going to save removal for it. Seeing as how it's not Griselbrand it has to connect to do anything worthwhile.

Consider Kaalia, of the Vast and ask if they're really that different?