A Farewell & Thank You

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello All,

I want to let everyone know that my wife and I will be taking a break from D&D Encounters (DDE) starting this next season. We didn't come to this decision lightly. It was a combination of:

1. Real life changing radically for us both in the next few months (I am in the process of becoming a CPA, we are going to move, etc.)

2. The changes to the DDE that are making it harder for coordinators and DMs to deliver on the original mission of the program (entry level, casual play, etc.)

3. We been doing this since the program started 2 years ago for all 10 seasons and there is a level of burn-out. We need to recharge and find our happy gaming place again.

I personally have felt that DDE met a serious need in Organized Play for WotC and allowed me to rebuild a solid judge core in Portland, OR after it melted down during the Living Forgotten Realms transition from house campaign for WotC to privately run. It was the right program at the right time.

It has been both fun and frustrating and I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. It has been my pleasure to help shepherd this program from its initial stages to the long running bastion it is at Guardian Games (Hey Angel!).

I also want to thank everyone that has made our job easier on these forums. Those that created pre-gens, tracking sheets, and a myriad advice from the authors, DMs and fellow players on how to make what is a great program even better.

Thank you,

Bryan & Melissa Blumklotz
Coordinators, DMs, and Players for D&D Encounters @ Guardian Games

Sorry to hear this Bryan but totally understand.

Best wishes for you and Melissa in your future endeavours, your comments help and insight will be missed.

"Well that encounter was easy....er, guys, why is the DM grinning?" (party members last words)

It's not a party till the screaming starts!

Follow me on Twitter @Vobeskhan or check out my blog http://vobeskhan.wordpress.com/

Oh, how well I know that feeling, Bryan!

Thanks for your tireless efforts on behalf of ALL DMs and coordinators in the program! I haven't played in Portland yet, but I've definitely benefited from your expertise!

I will raise a glass to toast you in your departure, and hope you and your wife recharge the batteries and return to gaming soon!
I picked up D&D and got my first chance to DM during the Encounter program. I owe a lot of what I know to the things you and others have posted on these forums. I myself am probably going to stop after this next season and try to reviatlize my own home campaign using the tools I've learned at Encounters and here.  Thanks for all of the assistance and good luck with the CPA thing (I'm in the process of that myself).

Thank you Perithoth. Your resources have been invaluable since I first started DMing Beyond the Crystal Cave.

@feetz_grande on Twitter

I don't post very often unless I have a question or can contribute to an ongoing discussion, but I wanted to weigh in with my own thanks to Perithoth for his superlative efforts on behalf of the Encounters program.  May you and yours fare well, and return renewed and invigorated.
Bryan, I can't thank you enough for making my life easier as an organizer for the past couple of seasons. Hope to see you soon.
AsmodeusLore D&D Insider News Guide Follow Me

D&D Home Page - What Class Are You? - Build A Character - D&D Compendium

Sign In to post comments