great and love

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Great Blade

Artifact
Your creatures have "t: Gain a -1/-1 counter. Create a token that is copy of this creature, the copy is a 1/1.".

Great Thief

Artifact
Perminents also have the subtypes of Darksteel Mana Thief.
t: Remove a subtype from target permanent, adding that subtype to Darksteel Mana Thief.

Love as Order

Enchantment
Two target permanents are grouped, or groups are combined. All group members have each others abilities and types, all targets and combat effects to any group members effect all group members.

Love Beyond

Enchantment
Two target permanents are grouped, or groups are combined. All group members have each others abilities and types, all targets and combat effects to any group members effect all group members.
All grouped cards have "t: Add target permanent to the group, or groups are combined. All group members have each others abilities and types, all targets and combat effects to any group members effect all group members.".

I've included thease cards in a set I recently designed and posted, I'm after feedback for the cards, what do we think?
bump
for Great blade, what does the power counter do? also what does the whole thing have to do with being a great blade? it sounds more like some sort of clone factory. 

I assume that Great Thief was originally Darksteel Mana Thief and you just never changed the name on the card. what exactly is the goal of redistributing subtypes? to stop tribal decks? also there's a lot of bookkeeping involved. why is a thief a non-creature artifact? how do the rules handle a Goblin that isn't a creature or tribal? these all seem like questions you need to answer before you make the card and it doesn't seem to be worth the trouble, quite honestly.

Love as Order needs some serious rewording and it also runs up against a rules issue in that static ability-sharing can really mess with the layer system. that's why things like concerted effort use a trigger. it's also an issue in that if you use it on a tarmogoyf and an avatar of the wild there's no obvious answer as to what their power and toughness should be. on top of that, because it can target any permanent, this is an incredibly easy way to give a loyalty ability to a non-planeswalker, and while the rules can handle that it's not something you want your everyday player to have to deal with.

same with Love Beyond.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.
Sorry, mistake with the power counters, this card in the set thread had it fixed in ages ago, not sure how that happened.

It's "great" because I needed a sort of theme for a few items and I'm not so good with names. The blade part is because it slices, the new creature is a 1/1 and the old one is reduced by one, like a loaf of bread becoming a slice of bread and the rest of the loaf.

I've renamed in both threads, taking out the darksteel part because I dropped the idea of those items being darksteel.

I kinda liked the idea and though it fit with the grouping and slicing ideas, it could see very little play, I hadn't considered it as tribal hate but that a great use, I imagined that in the right decks making all cards goblins for example could be useful or making all land also have land subtypes like forest.

I came up with the idea that this group of things would be artifacts, it works well in the set where there are few other artifacts and it also makes them difficult to remove, which I wanted. Later I came up with names, could it be a robot theif? Otherwise perhaps it needs a better name.

I presume a "Land - Forest Goblin" is functionally the same as a "Land - Forest", the Goblin shouldn't have any effect, same as irrelevant creature types. I don't know this for sure. I might need to restrict it a bit from "perminents" but I'd rather not.

What happens if tarmogoyf sees a changeling in a graveyard?

I see, tarmogoyf and scion of the wild. I guess superposition is not the answer, maybe one occurs before the other but it seems like a messy and complex solution. Given that it would be a new mechanic perhaps there would be a set of rules for dealing with such eventualities, like neither can resolve so they are a 0/0 and die, or neither can resolve so they are undefined/undefined and the card can't be cast.

As in the goblin land, would a creature with loyalty counters matter? The creature can't use them, they effectively do nothing.

On a similar theme, I never found out what was the problem when there was a hack that could put a Sorcery onto the battlefield, shouldn't the Sorcery sit there uselessly after its effect until target permanent is removed or the game ends, causing no problems with the rules? It wouldn't have summoning sickness or be able to attack because it's not a creature, it couldn't tap because they never can, but if somehow it was given an ability I still don't see the conflict, it's just a permanent without any of the specific things anything else gets because of its type deficits given that it's now a permanent.
As in the goblin land, would a creature with loyalty counters matter? The creature can't use them, they effectively do nothing.

Incorrect. Using Razor's example, if you have a goblin creature grouped with a planeswalker (let's use Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker as example), the creature has all loyalty abilities of that planeswalker, and the planeswalker has all abilities of the creature. Now, luckily, loyalty abilities are intrisically limited with "one per turn" and "as a sorcery" restrictions. Not so luckily, those restrictions are "per permanent." So, the goblin creature can use Bolas' +3 ability, thus enabling it to use the -2 for next turn. Or, three turns of +3 can enable it to use the -7, and if Bolas also has 7+ counters...ouch for whoever takes the 14 damage and has to discard 14 cards and sac 14 permanents.

Although, looking at the card again...I'm not so sure that grouping a planeswalker with anything would yield such a situation. If the creature gains the types...but which types? Card types? If it only gains card types, then yes, both are usable the planeswalker dies due to no p/t and the creature dies to no loyalty counters. If subtypes, then no, you just killed your own planeswalker due to the Planeswalker Uniqueness Rule. If both, you just lost both the planeswalker and the creature again.

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14 (haven't been able to attend any FNMs or prereleases for 18 months now, no sense maintaining RA status)
Joined the crowd and got an Avatar from zammm's Avatar Workshop on 5-6-2012

That "Dual Colors" personality test thing
IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20806.jpg)

I am Black/Green

Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!

Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20801.jpg)

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

Interesting, I can see this is going to require some consideration.