Deathtouch and Infect

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
If a creature has deathtouch and infect, will damage dealt by the creature still destroy the blocker/blockee?
yes

(unless it dealt more damage than the other creature had toughness, in which case it would not be destroyed, despite deathtouch, but simply moved to the graveyard)
proud member of the 2011 community team
So if i had a prodigal Sorcerer equiped with a basiisk collar and phyresis i could ,in theory , tap destroy target creature, ping to death an indestructable, and hit a player for poison counters?
You wouldn't be able to "ping" an indestructible to kill it. It would receive 1 damage from a source with deathtouch (and get a -1/-1 counter because of infect), the game would try to destroy it, but since it can't be destroyed, nothing happens. You would need to ping it additional times until the -1/-1 counters brought its toughness to 0.

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.

yes

(unless it dealt more damage than the other creature had toughness, in which case it would not be destroyed, despite deathtouch, but simply moved to the graveyard)

Shouldnt that be "equal to or more than"?

(for example, if a source with Infect and Deathtouch deals 1 damage to a 1/1, that creature wont be destroyed. You make it sound like it would need to deal 2 or more damage for that to be the case) 

So if i had a prodigal Sorcerer equiped with a basiisk collar and phyresis i could ,in theory , tap destroy target creature, ping to death an indestructable, and hit a player for poison counters?

Yes, under the caveat that a single point of damage will only be enough to remove an indestructible creature if it has toughness 1. (you cannot kill a 12/12 indestrucible creature with a single ping, for example, but you could destroy a normal 12/12 with just 1 point of damage, and you could kill the 12/12 indestructible if you pinged it 12 times) 

You wouldn't be able to "ping" an indestructible to kill it. ... You would need to ping it additional times until the -1/-1 counters brought its toughness to 0.

Where did he say it had more than 1 toughness, or that he was only pinging it once? ;) 

~ Tim 

I am Blue/White Reached DCI Rating 1800 on 28/10/11. :D
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Not bad. But what happens flavor wise when one kamahl kills the other one?
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Is algebra really that difficult?
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
You want to make a milky drink. You squeeze a cow.
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
And no judge will ever give you a game loss for playing snow covered lands.
I now have a new goal in life. ;)
Shouldnt that be "equal to or more than"?

yes
proud member of the 2011 community team
Sign In to post comments