Elite Inquisitor vs Malakir Gatekeeper's kicker

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Would he be effected by it even if he is the only creature up or do you have to sacrifice him?

Would he be effected by it even if he is the only creature up or do you have to sacrifice him?

Sure, Elite Inquisitor can be sacrificed, and even must be if it's the only creature the player controls.

Gatekeeper of Malakir's ability targets the player, not the creature. So the Inquisitor's protection won't save him.

[<o>]
[*c]Elite Inquisitor[*/c] without *s becomes Elite Inquisitor
Gatekeeper of Malakir

If the Gatekeeper's kicker was paid, the targeted player has to sacrifice a creature. If his only creature is the Inquisitor, he has to sacrifice it. The Inquisitor's protection does not help, since the Gatekeeper does not target the Inquisitor, does not damage it, does not block it and does not enchant/equip it.

You can remember protection by DEBT:
Damage
Enchant/Equip/Fortify
Block
Target
«Protection» does not grant «absolute immunity».

Protection from Vampires is nothing more than a locution used by the game of Magic,
an ability, which helps Elite Inquisitor avoid some dangers coming from Vampires, not all.

If I steal a hundred dollar from a loot of one thousand, people might notice;

If I steal a hundred dollar from a loot of one million, I might get away with it;

If I wish to steal even more and still go unnoticed, I need to make the loot bigger.

Now you know why taxes always go up.

Looting: ''the plundering of public assets by corrupt or greedy authorities'' (Wikipedia)