1e Unearthed Arcana Reprint coming!

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Reported on EN World today. Check out this link on amazon. Date of publication is Febuary 2013. Exciting news for us fans of 1e and the collector.
The Unearthed Arcana ! This book is Cool. Good decision WOTC!
Wow. Pretty cool. Not sure why just the UA, but hey why not? I think the Fiend Folio or Dieties and Demi-gods deserve a reprint before UA though

-The Evil GM

Killing characters cruelly since the '80s

http://Theevilgm.com

- Check out the BrainStorm Podcast - "The Think Tank"

Twice a week, 30 minutes or less per episode

Edition Neutral Chatter to feed your brain!

This is a great book, and I'm glad it will be back for those who still play or are going to give a try to 1E. But, I'm hoping that we hear about the 2E core reprints soon...

Just roll some dice.

RADIO FREE BORDERLANDS:

Explore the new D&D podcast that is a celebration of all eras of the game! Discussing the loves, challenges, topics, ideas, and news of this great hobby in both a contemporary and historical view.

http://radiofreeborderlands.libsyn.com/

great book. absurd, completely inflated price. i mean seriously, i can buy 4 copies of this book for less than 50 bucks. if all of the reprints are priced this high, i just wont buy them. i already own them, and i just cant spend 50 bucks on something i already have, just for a bad cover. when they start reprinting something i dont have, ill think about it, but i really cant see 50 bucks for a reprint of ua. there are thousands of these out there, they arent collectors items or anything.

im glad they are reprinting this stuff, but given that they dont even have to pay writers or interior artists, i just think they are gouging the hell out of us. and before you say 'but froth, they had to reformat the 1e books since cpus werent used', yeah well that doesnt explain 3.5 which practically just came out. those are 50 bucks too. 'but uh they stick a little ribbon in it'. well whoopedy-doo.

i dont blame them for trying to make money, it sounds like there will be some people lined up to pay 50 bucks for a reprint, but i just wont pay that, no matter how big a fan i am
Ya Wotc, whats with the "el- gougo" for all these reprints? $50 dollars is a heafty sum. 125 bucks for the three core books after tax. That Memorial for Gary better be 14 Karat gold and set his wife up for life!

It's like the company hates it's TSR D&D fans. New books. 37 dollars, Unearthed Arcana 50 dollars.  Man I'm going to have to use my Famous 3 letters W.T.F.?
Wow. Pretty cool. Not sure why just the UA, but hey why not? I think the Fiend Folio or Dieties and Demi-gods deserve a reprint before UA though

Fiend Folio and MM2 would be my picks. 
I dunno.  Apparently the golden pages warrants it costing a ton.  It's the same with the 3.5 reprints.  They look nice, but they're very expensive!  I'm hoping the price rise trend doesn't leak into 5e (Even if they do have higher quality paper and "golden pages")  If it wasn't so much, I'd snatch up the 1e reprints and UA in an instant!

Crazed undead horror posing as a noble and heroic forum poster!

Some good pointers for the fellow hobbyist!:

• KEEP D&D ALIVE, END EDITION WARS!
  • RESPECT PEOPLES' PREFERENCES
  • JUST ENJOY THE GAME!

Because UA is for players and even when reprinting old material, WotC still belives there are 3-5 players for every DM.

5 Minute WorkdayMy Webcomic Updated Tue & Thur

The compilation of my Worldbuilding blog series is now available: 

Jester David's How-To Guide to Fantasy Worldbuilding.

Will this re-release include the official errata from Dragon #103?

The 3.5 premium reprints included errata, so UA premium should also.

Do you remember offhand what was in the errata? (main concepts, not details). My memories of UA is that some of it was unbalanced and pretty wonky.

Do you remember offhand what was in the errata? (main concepts, not details). My memories of UA is that some of it was unbalanced and pretty wonky.

It included some common sense fixes for 1E:

• A chart for the effects of different armor types on thieves' skills (a thief can wear heavy armor but it impairs his or her abilities)

• A chart for race/class/multi-class combinations allowed (subject to DM approval)

• Fixing typos on other charts in UA

• Allowing assassins to be non-evil

If all that is included, it'll be on my "to buy" list. If not, never mind.