Number of Healing Surges for certain classes

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Ranger and the Rogue classes get 6 base healing surges.

Why does the Bard get 7 base healing surges?

Is the Bard supposed to have more? Or is it an error?

To me it seems a Bard should not have more than a Ranger, which is supposed to be more of a fighter-type than a Bard. Fighter-types seem to have more base healing surges than other classes in the system.
If it wasn't for Shadowfax, Gandalf never would have made it. Shadowfax, the real hero of LotR.
Most (*if not all) leaders tend to have 12-5-7 as their base, meaning 12 starting hp, 5 hp per level and 7 surges.
Most strikers after PH1 had the same base.
Is there any class with 6 surges after PH1 ?
So I guess they never increased the number of healing surges for the Ranger, or Rogue for that matter, in errata?
If it wasn't for Shadowfax, Gandalf never would have made it. Shadowfax, the real hero of LotR.
No.  The number of surges a class has is based more on its role than its concept.  Generally speaking* Strikers and Controllers have fewer than Leaders, who have fewer than Defenders.

*I say 'Generally speaking' because I'm not about to do a comparison of every class in the freakin' game.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.

Is there any class with 6 surges after PH1 ?

The Psion is one.  I didn't check for others ...

And then there's the Vampire, with its whopping 2.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
  The majority of strikers have 6. Most of those with more are strongly laced with defender-role aspects.

Among controllers, the druid, the seeker, and the bladesinger are the only ones with 7. The first two have defender-secondary options (theoretically, at least), and the latter is a great example of Essentials-era "we don't know what we're doing with this class" design. Every other controller has 6.
Sign In to post comments