Season 11 8th level?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anyone else see the solicitation for War of Everlasting Darkness?

www.wizards.com/ContentResources/Wizards...

From the solicitation:
• Players create 1st-level characters and progress to 8th level (emphasis theirs) as they work to thwart Lolth’s plans and beat back her drow minions

It runs Oct 24 - Dec 19. Factoring in Session 0 that would mean players level up every single encounter.

@feetz_grande on Twitter

Anyone else see the solicitation for War of Everlasting Darkness?

www.wizards.com/ContentResources/Wizards...

From the solicitation:
• Players create 1st-level characters and progress to 8th level (emphasis theirs) as they work to thwart Lolth’s plans and beat back her drow minions

It runs Oct 24 - Dec 19. Factoring in Session 0 that would mean players level up every single encounter.

The fact that the characters will finally be able to progress beyond 3rd level, and that "Character creation allows for the use of all of the Player’s Option books" makes me think that this will be the final season of Encounters (they're going out with a bang).

- Rico
I'm inclined to agree. Ima petition to run this one.
Just FYI: Season 11 is 8 weeks long, as well.

Ima petition to run this one.

I'm just the opposite. I think this would be fun to play, but if the players are going to level up every encounter, I'm not sure that would be much fun to DM.
- Rico
Just FYI: Season 11 is 8 weeks long, as well.

Which, as the original poster stated, implies that the characters will have to level up after every encounter. Wow! those are going to be some tough encounters. And that pretty much necessitates that the players will be expected to use all of their powers in every encounter, which means that there will have to be an extended rest after every encounter. Of course, this is just speculation on my part. I suppose they could also just do it narratively by moving the story along in huge leaps and having the PCs jump levels, but I'm not sure how satisfying that would be as a play experience.
- Rico
I hope it does take place in "narrative leaps," allowing the players to burn daily powers left and right, more like Lair Assault.
I hope it does take place in "narrative leaps," allowing the players to burn daily powers left and right, more like Lair Assault.

Well, but if it did go that way, the players wouldn't get to "burn daily powers left and right." What I mean by narrative leaps is that you'd play the first chapter (3 sessions) at 1st level normally, as you do now. Then the second chapter would take place months or years later in the story and the party would jump to 4th or 5th level. You'd play chapter 2 (the next three sessions) at that level. Then there'd be another leap forward in game time at chapter 3 and the party would all level up to 8th level, and play the last two encounters at 8th level.

I don't think that would be as satisfying for the players as getting to play their characters at each level, even if it's only for one session. 
- Rico
I bet a lot of players would find that confusing, though I'd be all about it.
I bet a lot of players would find that confusing, though I'd be all about it.

Really? You'd rather jump ahead a few levels at a time rather than play your character at each level as he progresses? That's interesting.

- Rico
Sign In to post comments