Gamma World PDFS???

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok now that they no long support the game do think we could get some official PDFs? I remember at one point WOTC was going to offer PDF for all the books you own (I think it was in the pre elease video of E4) but that never seemed to happen...so is there some where I can get all the rules (that all  ready own) if PDF format?

I am assuming this thread will get deleted if Wizards pay attenion to this forum but I thouhg I would try any way. 
I agree that PDFs of the various GW products would be awesome. Particularly ones which were OCR so that I could copy-paste stuff into Word to make my own modifications. My thought is, either support it or open it up to us. :-)
Marv (Finarvyn) Master of Mutants (MA and GW) Playtesting D&D Next and liking it! OD&D player since 1975
I've NEVER seen any of the Atom booster packs in stores... It'd also be cool if Wizards released pdfs of those.
You can't legally obtain PDF copies but illegal PDFs of pretty much everything are easy to find on the internet.

This, of course, shows how mindlessly stupid WotC's decision to stop selling PDFs was.
Cheers Imruphel aka Scrivener of Doom
You can't legally obtain PDF copies but illegal PDFs of pretty much everything are easy to find on the internet.

This, of course, shows how mindlessly stupid WotC's decision to stop selling PDFs was.

Well, they decided to go a different route: the online compendium and the character builder instead of pdfs. I actually find the online compendium and character builder to be more useful than pdfs ever would've been, so I reserve judgement.

I agree the support for 4e online is better but still it is no complete. The character builder and compendenum are nice. The issue I have is the monthly subscription....I subscribed for  a while but stopped after then destroyed dragon and dungeon. It seems that the subscription in the end will cost more then the real book and the value to me ran out pretty.....Plus they did not support gamma world at all..........
they decided to go a different route: the online compendium and the character builder instead of pdfs. I actually find the online compendium and character builder to be more useful than pdfs ever would've been, so I reserve judgement.

To access these you need to be an Insider subsriber though, correct? I'd like to take a peek at that stuff but haven't seen any links, which is why I assume you need to subscribe to gain access. Frown
Marv (Finarvyn) Master of Mutants (MA and GW) Playtesting D&D Next and liking it! OD&D player since 1975
I'd like to take a peek at that stuff

Yes: the online compendium and character builder are paid for via Insider subscriptions. However, you can test drive the compendium without a subscription (i.e. you can perform searches, you just can't read the details of individual selections). The character builder used to be free for the first few levels, but no longer. The video tour should still provide a decent peek though.

Well, they decided to go a different route: the online compendium and the character builder instead of pdfs. I actually find the online compendium and character builder to be more useful than pdfs ever would've been, so I reserve judgement.

Except this is the Gamma World forum, we're discussing Gamma World and the online Compendium and Character Builder have nothing to do with Gamma World....

Cheers Imruphel aka Scrivener of Doom
Except this is the Gamma World forum, we're discussing Gamma World and the online Compendium and Character Builder have nothing to do with Gamma World....

I was responding to your statement of "how mindlessly stupid WotC's decision to stop selling PDFs was", a decision which was similarly unrelated to Gamma World.