Requiem for Dissent: Cleric/Fighter/Paragon of Victory Melee Leader

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Requiem for Dissent: Cleric/Fighter/Paragon of Victory

This one started out as the above picture, so I wanted "Divine Class" + "Melee Leader" + "Polearm Stuff". Originally wanted to be a Runepriest, but that didn't quite work out as planned. Eventually it came together. The idea is versatility; 2 at-wills that are basics through PoSkill, which can be triggered through PG, Guardian or Paragon of Victory F16, and 2 which can be used as minors through the e11, especially Brand of the Sun for a save granter (I thought about taking a ranged at-will, but Hungry turned up as an option for the items, and being able to get both a ranged option and at-will save granting seemed the far better idea from my experience in paragon play).

Between the various daily powers and utilities, it should be able to throw out an encounter long buff pretty much every encounter, and is reasonably sturdy and competent in melee for obvious reasons (Except for the slightly low reflex).

Polearm Master and Tactical Warpriest both also work as options for paragon path, the former providing a more offensive lean, and lessening the need for forced movement increasers, and the latter upping AC and adding a lot of +defender, but I prefer the overall versatility PoV brings to the table.

Obvious things to do as level increases are taking Wary Fighter for Intitiative and boosting the Reflex a bit.

The build, up to level 16

Celine, level 16
Half-Elf, Cleric, Paragon of Victory
Cleric: Battle Cleric's Lore
Half-Elf Power Selection: Dilettante
Theme: Guardian
Background: Auspicious Birth (Auspicious Birth Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 21, Con 13, Dex 15, Int 9, Wis 20, Cha 11.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 17, Con 10, Dex 14, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 10.

AC: 34 Fort: 28 Reflex: 25 Will: 31
HP: 108 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 27

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +13, History +13, Diplomacy +16, Insight +23, Athletics +19

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +10, Arcana +7, Bluff +8, Dungeoneering +13, Endurance +9, Heal +13, Intimidate +8, Nature +13, Perception +15, Stealth +10, Streetwise +8, Thievery +10

FEATS
Cleric: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Weapon Proficiency (Greatspear)
Level 2: Power of Skill
Level 4: Battle Awareness
Level 6: Mighty Crusader Expertise
Level 8: Superior Will
Level 10: Holy Dilettante (retrained to Versatile Master at Level 11)
Level 11: Polearm Momentum
Level 12: Polearm Gamble
Level 14: Impaling Spear
Level 16: Improved Defenses

POWERS
Channel Divinity: Healer's Mercy
Channel Divinity: Favor of the Gods
Cleric at-will 1: Brand of the Sun
Cleric at-will 1: Righteous Brand
Dilettante: Overwhelming Strike
Guardian: Guardian's Counter
Cleric encounter 1: Healing Strike
Cleric daily 1: Shield of the Gods
Cleric utility 2: Shield of Faith
Cleric encounter 3: Words Are Not Enough
Cleric daily 5: Inspire Fervor
Cleric utility 6: Holy Celerity
Cleric encounter 7: Wrathful Lightning
Cleric daily 9: Divine Power
Cleric utility 10: Word of Vigor
Cleric encounter 13: Promise of Victory (replaces Healing Strike)
Cleric daily 15: Tree of Creation (replaces Shield of the Gods)
Cleric utility 16: Unexpected Return

ITEMS
Ritual Book, Hungry Spear Greatspear +4, Magic Wyrmscale Armor +4, Torc of Power Preservation +3, Magic Holy Symbol +3, Rushing Cleats (heroic tier), Iron Armbands of Power (heroic tier), Helm of Battle (heroic tier), Adventurer's Kit, Climber's Kit, Crowbar, Backlash Tattoo (heroic tier), Belt of Sacrifice (heroic tier)

And the Level 30 version:

Celine, level 30
Half-Elf, Cleric, Paragon of Victory, Destined Scion
Cleric: Battle Cleric's Lore
Epic Heroism: Epic Heroism (Strength)
Epic Heroism: Epic Heroism (Wisdom)
Half-Elf Power Selection: Dilettante
Theme: Guardian
Background: Auspicious Birth (Auspicious Birth Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 26, Con 15, Dex 16, Int 10, Wis 26, Cha 12.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 17, Con 10, Dex 14, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 10.

AC: 47 Fort: 45 Reflex: 41 Will: 47
HP: 183 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 45

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +21, History +21, Diplomacy +24, Insight +34, Athletics +29

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +18, Arcana +15, Bluff +16, Dungeoneering +23, Endurance +17, Heal +23, Intimidate +18, Nature +23, Perception +27, Stealth +18, Streetwise +16, Thievery +18

FEATS
Cleric: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Weapon Proficiency (Greatspear)
Level 2: Power of Skill
Level 4: Battle Awareness
Level 6: Mighty Crusader Expertise
Level 8: Superior Will
Level 10: Holy Dilettante (retrained to Versatile Master at Level 11)
Level 11: Polearm Momentum
Level 12: Polearm Gamble
Level 14: Impaling Spear
Level 16: Improved Defenses
Level 18: Wary Fighter
Level 20: Gambler's Word
Level 21: Armor Proficiency: Plate
Level 22: Supreme Healer
Level 24: Divine Mastery
Level 26: Epic Reflexes
Level 28: Superior Initiative
Level 30: Repel Charge

POWERS
Channel Divinity: Favor of the Gods
Channel Divinity: Healer's Mercy
Cleric at-will 1: Righteous Brand
Cleric at-will 1: Brand of the Sun
Dilettante: Overwhelming Strike
Guardian: Guardian's Counter
Cleric encounter 1: Healing Strike
Cleric daily 1: Shield of the Gods
Cleric utility 2: Shield of Faith
Cleric encounter 3: Words Are Not Enough
Cleric daily 5: Inspire Fervor
Cleric utility 6: Holy Celerity
Cleric encounter 7: Wrathful Lightning
Cleric daily 9: Divine Power
Cleric utility 10: Word of Vigor
Cleric encounter 13: Promise of Victory (replaces Healing Strike)
Cleric daily 15: Tree of Creation (replaces Shield of the Gods)
Cleric utility 16: Unexpected Return
Cleric encounter 17: Sever the Source (replaces Words Are Not Enough)
Cleric daily 19: Holy Wrath (replaces Divine Power)
Cleric utility 22: Adjure the Chosen
Cleric encounter 23: Shared Secrets (replaces Wrathful Lightning)
Cleric daily 25: Hope Killer (replaces Tree of Creation)
Cleric encounter 27: Valorous Charge (replaces Promise of Victory)
Cleric daily 29: Breath of the Stars (replaces Holy Wrath)

ITEMS
Ritual Book, Rushing Cleats (heroic tier), Adventurer's Kit, Climber's Kit, Crowbar, Backlash Tattoo (heroic tier), Hungry Spear Greatspear +6, Spectral Plate Godplate Armor +6, Torc of Power Preservation +6, Iron Armbands of Power (epic tier), Helm of Battle (epic tier), Symbol of Daring +6, Belt of Vim (epic tier), Ring of Guarded Will (epic tier), Ring of Draconic Zeal (paragon tier), Gloves of the Healer (epic tier)

Full size version of image available here. (Warning: Large file)
A Beginners Primer to CharOp. Archmage's Ascension - The Wizard's Handbook. Let the Hammer Fall: Dwarf Warpriest/Tactical Warpriest/Indomitable Champion, a Defending Leader. Requiem for Dissent: Cleric/Fighter/Paragon of Victory Melee Leader Ko te manu e kai i te miro, nona te ngahere. Ko te manu e kai i te matauranga e, nano te ao katoa. It's the proliferation of people who think the rules are more important than what the rules are meant to accomplish. - Dedekine
I am a big fan of this despite my dislike for the cleric class. Any plans for a level 30 build RF?
10/10 Would Flame Again: An Elite Paladin|Warlock The Elemental Man (or Woman): A Genasi Handbook The Warlord, Or How to Wield a Barbarian One-Handed The Bookish Barbarian Fardiz: RAI is fairly clear, but RAZ is different That's right. Rules According to Zelink!
Maybe over the weekend. Bit busy with class work.
A Beginners Primer to CharOp. Archmage's Ascension - The Wizard's Handbook. Let the Hammer Fall: Dwarf Warpriest/Tactical Warpriest/Indomitable Champion, a Defending Leader. Requiem for Dissent: Cleric/Fighter/Paragon of Victory Melee Leader Ko te manu e kai i te miro, nona te ngahere. Ko te manu e kai i te matauranga e, nano te ao katoa. It's the proliferation of people who think the rules are more important than what the rules are meant to accomplish. - Dedekine
Entirely understandable. My only issues are the low Reflex, but thats a ususal problem with BCL users
10/10 Would Flame Again: An Elite Paladin|Warlock The Elemental Man (or Woman): A Genasi Handbook The Warlord, Or How to Wield a Barbarian One-Handed The Bookish Barbarian Fardiz: RAI is fairly clear, but RAZ is different That's right. Rules According to Zelink!

Looking good RF, though I am curious why a runepriest|fighter would not work for you.

If you start at level 16, is Auspicious Birth really your best benefit ?

I don't like building hybrids.

Auspicious at the current level is 8hp. It can probably be swapped out. I started building this at a lower level and worked upwards til it came together and hadn't bothered changing it.
haha, I am building just now (started yesterday) a paragon of victory build, more oriented to striker, and my initial steps were very similar to this build... but was str/wis balanced.

Then i switch to a diferent build but still I love paragon of victory. I will post it when finished, I think this paragon path should have more builds :D
Sapphire - Swormage Dragon Guardian - Dont touch my allies build. Swordmage / Sigil Carver / Draconic incarnation The Holy Slayer - A Striker - Defender Fighter | Cleric / Barbarian - Paragon of Victory WEREBEAR BATTLEMIND: You wont go where you want. - A Battlemind (Druid) / Unbound Nomad / Topaz Crusader
This is good, any plans for a level 30 build ?
Will probably have time tomorrow. Maybe.
Updated up to level 30.
Just wanted to drop by and give a thumbs up to this build!  CO needs more solid practical builds like this imo, something you could bring to an actual game and not have the GM laugh in your face.
Thank you.
Hey RF in your infinite spare time, you should update this.
I know it needs Cloak of Courage, and maybe a more useful background. Is there really anything else I need to change?